ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>HBO set to do American Gods
keg in kc 10:54 PM 04-14-2011
This could be all kinds of awesome. Not quite as exciting as the original Game of Thrones announcement in '09, but not that far behind. I'm a big fan of Gaiman's work.
Originally Posted by :
Playtone Setting Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' For HBO Series

By MIKE FLEMING | Thursday April 14, 2011 @ 7:20pm EDT

EXCLUSIVE: As HBO prepares to unveil its epic-sized series adaptation of George RR Martin's Game of Thrones this Sunday, the payweb has begun talks to acquire the Neil Gaiman novel American Gods to be developed into another fantasy series. The project was brought to HBO by Playtone partners Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman, and it was brought to them by Robert Richardson. The plan is for Richardson and Gaiman to write the pilot together.

...American Gods, the 2002 book that won both the Stoker and Hugo Award among other prizes, lays out a battle between two sets of gods. One consists of the traditional gods and mythological creatures who got their power because people throughout history believed in them. They are losing steam as people's beliefs wane and are in danger of being supplanted by a new set of gods who reflect America's preoccupation with technological advancements and obsessions with media, celebrity, technology and drugs. The protagonist is an ex-con who becomes the traveling partner of a conman who turns out to be one of the older gods trying to recruit troops to battle the upstart deities.
Little bit more at the link.

Playtone, as folks probably know, are the guys responsible for Band Of Brothers/The Pacific, John Adams, From the Earth to the Moon and Big Love.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:00 PM 08-08-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I enjoyed the first season. Like a lot of the casting especially.
McShane is damn good in anything he does.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:40 PM 08-08-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
McShane was fate. That guy was born to play Mr. Wednesday.

And you can't forget ****ing Cloris Leachman and Peter Stormare.
Sorry was too busy imagining what it's like to bury my face in Zorya Poluchnaya's ta-tas.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:19 PM 08-08-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Sorry was too busy imagining what it's like to bury my face in Zorya Poluchnaya's ta-tas.
Invokes a name of a hottie without posting a pic of said hottie?

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:13 PM 08-08-2018
Do I look like a mothafuckin search engine to you?
[Reply]
Bowser 02:31 PM 08-08-2018
Do I look like a mothafuckin search engine to you?
A PRETTY SHITTY ONE!!1
[Reply]
vailpass 07:00 PM 08-08-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Invokes a name of a hottie without posting a pic of said hottie?

via GIPHY

Nice rack but she’s got a headlight in the trees.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:20 PM 08-08-2018
How dare you.

Shadow is boring because he's a reader avatar.

As for the series, I liked it a lot even though it's definitely a little "out there" for a lot of people.
It was fucking boring.

The end was so anticlimactic. The fact that this book has become so popular is insane to me.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up