ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2865 of 4858
« First < 1865236527652815285528612862286328642865 286628672868286928752915296533653865 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:52 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
By “outproduced” you simply mean sacks, and it’s been explained over and over that this was the only season in which Karlaftis didn’t have a good sack total. Either way, he’s been extremely productive in terms of creating pressure throughout his young career.

Nik Bonnito is a one trick pony who will be 23 years old by the start of the season. Karlaftis just turned 21.

There’s a reason that not a single person had Bonnito over Karlaftis, but keep pretending that he’s better simply because he has more sacks. Just makes you look like a lazy dumbass homer.
Sacks and TFL. You know, things that actually affect the game. Pressures are a promising sign, but a play with a pressure can still end in a TD for the offense.

I have no illusions about Bonnito, he’s Jarvis Moss v2.0 to me until he proves differently in actual NFL games.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:02 PM 05-01-2022
Post draft commentary is always fun... bottom line is that there are maybe (MAYBE) half a dozen guys here (and that's being generous) that are high quality draft nerds. Meaning, there are so few people here or on any fan site that have the ability to truly dig in deep on these players outside of regurgitating what we see in tweets or draft profiles from other sites. And most of those guys are guessing.

We all know the draft is such an inexact science. But, we do what we do and that's why sites like this exist.

Nonetheless, it's fun reading the "your guy sucks and our guy is the greatest steal of that round of all time" posts.

Keep it up! :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 01:04 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Sacks and TFL. You know, things that actually affect the game. Pressures are a promising sign, but a play with a pressure can still end in a TD for the offense.

I have no illusions about Bonnito, he’s Jarvis Moss v2.0 to me until he proves differently in actual NFL games.
High pressure rates actually translates better than sacks.

See Jayson Oweh last year who had 0 sacks in 2020, yet was arguably the best rookie pass rusher. I told people over and over that the sacks didn’t matter, because he consistently got pressure.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:18 PM 05-01-2022
:-)
Only General Paton could out-draft half the league despite having zero top 60 picks.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:18 PM 05-01-2022
High pressure rates actually translates better than sacks.

See Jayson Oweh last year who had 0 sacks in 2020, yet was arguably the best rookie pass rusher. I told people over and over that the sacks didn’t matter, because he consistently got pressure.
What was Oweh’s pressure rate in 2020?
[Reply]
TEX 01:27 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Only General Paton could out-draft half the league despite having zero top 60 picks.
Only delusional DonkTard homers, like yourself, believe that Gomer Pyle actually did that...The reality is that Denver's draft is in the lower half of the league. :-)
[Reply]
TEX 01:32 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Post draft commentary is always fun... bottom line is that there are maybe (MAYBE) half a dozen guys here (and that's being generous) that are high quality draft nerds. Meaning, there are so few people here or on any fan site that have the ability to truly dig in deep on these players outside of regurgitating what we see in tweets or draft profiles from other sites. And most of those guys are guessing.

We all know the draft is such an inexact science. But, we do what we do and that's why sites like this exist.

Nonetheless, it's fun reading the "your guy sucks and our guy is the greatest steal of that round of all time" posts.

But your guys really do suck, and ours were steals and are real good. :-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:47 PM 05-01-2022
Denver took 3 pass rushers, and all but one (the project DT/DE taken in the 6th) outproduced Karlaftis in actual games. I think that in 5 years most Chiefs fans will be looking forward to replacing him.

I think that KC did have a good draft, but that's pretty easy when you trade your second best player for extra draft picks.
You better hope these marginal picks hit big ...it really is the only shot at this Wilson experiment being successful. It hasn't happened for your team since Chris Harris....so, yeah.

Wilson essentially brought the "Seahawk way" with him to the Donks...pay him a lot of cash, ship out players, have underwhelming drafts and construct a spotty roster.

Let's see if I'm following this correctly...last place 7-10 team, that generated no pro-bowlers, ships off two of its better players + top picks... Gets QB in exchange from similar last place 7-10 NFC team and are suddenly contenders? even though they have no realistic means to drastically improve their roster...which, as I said, had no previous pro-bowlers....par for the course with donk-fan logic. I didnt mention a rookie coaching staff...
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:59 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Donks had zero pro-bowlers last year...but according to our resident homer are littered with superstars.
:-)
[Reply]
poolboy 02:02 PM 05-01-2022
sacks >pressure >no pressure....like we were getting last year
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:07 PM 05-01-2022

Anyone being objective would say the Chiefs likely improved far more than the Broncos during this draft. Your first pick was the last pick of round 2. KC had already drafted four players, all of which were widely considered great value picks.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:20 PM 05-01-2022

We all know the draft is such an inexact science.
It's actually more exacting when you have a seasoned HC/coordinators...that have been in place for a few years.

They can identify their needs based off a known system...and work within those borders....hence why the Ravens, Chiefs and Patriots have been the most consistent franchises in the AFC.

I can see why you would view it an inexact science...your team has only extended two first round picks in a decade...Bolles and Sutton. Chubb might get sent packing...unless Jeudy has a miracle rebirth...he looks to going that route too.

Is this your 4th or 5th HC since Manning?

We were joking that your previous drafts looked like a drunken horseface randomly throwing darts at a board..
[Reply]
staylor26 02:35 PM 05-01-2022
What was Oweh’s pressure rate in 2020?
I don’t remember the exact %, but you’re free to dig it up.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:49 PM 05-01-2022

Mahomes vs TB 2020 SB: 9 pts, 3 sacks

Mahomes vs Pittsburgh 2021 playoffs: 42 pts, 3 sacks

pReSsUrEs dOnT aFFeCt tHe gAmE!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:06 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Here are stats from two QB's over the last two years. Which is the unimpressive one?

68.2%
2.32 TD's per game
.60 INT's per game

OR

66.3%
2.34 TD's per game
.59 INT's per game

(Three games were removed from one QB due to them playing with a torn tendon in his throwing hand)
Mahomes has played through multiple injuries in that span. Should we remove all the games in which he wasn’t 100%?

Even using your selective timeframe, your cherry-picked stats were practically identical. Shocking that you didn’t provide sacks, yards, wins, rushing yds, etc etc.

But it’s cute that you lil guys measure your QBs and tight ends against ours.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 05-01-2022, 04:11 PM
This message has been deleted by L.A. Chieffan.
Page 2865 of 4858
« First < 1865236527652815285528612862286328642865 286628672868286928752915296533653865 > Last »
Up