ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 57
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:00 PM 09-22-2020
Skip is a fraud!!...just look back to when Pat was drafted and hear what he had to say then...

https://youtu.be/M4Mm63ZLNxU
[Reply]
ljmhawk 09:30 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's more to it than just the crowd though. There's the lack of travel, sleeping in your own bed, stuff like that. It's just easier for the home team.
if it was their first time every in their lives playing in the road sure...ok. but these are pros who have slept in hotels and traveled their whole lives. i think people make this bigger than it really is.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:38 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Chiefs are currently 3 point underdogs. I love being the underdog. Gets me so damn fired up during the game. We don't get to be underdogs too often these days.
I love it too! :-)

Hope the team loves it as much as I do! :-)
[Reply]
lcarus 09:46 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
if it was their first time every in their lives playing in the road sure...ok. but these are pros who have slept in hotels and traveled their whole lives. i think people make this bigger than it really is.
Some people do make too much of it, but like htismaqe said, Vegas gives 2.5-3 to the home team just based off history.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:47 PM 09-22-2020
There's more to it than just the crowd though. There's the lack of travel, sleeping in your own bed, stuff like that. It's just easier for the home team.
You think Vegas finds 3 points in a hotel bed? Against the Chiefs?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:48 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I haven't seen anything this year to suggest they're adjusting lines based on lack of people in the stands, have you?

This looks like your standard line for a home team.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:08 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Maybe more like the mileage traveled over these two weeks. West coast and east coast games back to back.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:11 PM 09-22-2020
I haven't seen anything this year to suggest they're adjusting lines based on lack of people in the stands, have you?

This looks like your standard line for a home team.
Yeah, I agree. It's like they just decided to leave their normal algorithm regardless of whether there are fans or not.

it actually made betting on the Chiefs this time easier. The Chiefs getting 3.5 points is like stealing.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:16 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by DelaWhere?:
You are flat out wrong. All of the off season changes was because of what happened against Derrick Henry and the Titans loss. They got ran over. That’s why they went out and signed Calais and Wolfe (tried for Brockers).
Wolfe :-)

Yeah good luck - isn't he like 48 yrs. old?
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:17 PM 09-22-2020
Wolfe will become a little more a turd each game.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:16 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by CervezaChill:
As much as each game is important with only one playoff bye spot I almost feel like we are playing with house money with this one. What I mean is even if we lose this away game to a monster opponent, playoff Mahomes will run the table again like no one this league has seen. Maybe a spanking would humble them a bit and provide fuel for the rest of the season given how shaky they have started.
Good take. Super Bowls are not won or lost in September. During the playoffs, I’d rather meet the Ravens on the road while the team was peaking than playing them at home during a “meh” stretch. We’re off to a mediocre start based on play on the field. A loss now, even if it ultimately costs us the #1 seed, isn’t critical as long as we are healthy and playing to our potential come January. If we are clicking, I will be happy to take my chances against any opponent in any venue. Win or lose, this game isn’t likely to be a significant factor in the story of the 2020 Chiefs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:19 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Good take. Super Bowls are not won or lost in September. During the playoffs, I’d rather meet the Ravens on the road while the team was peaking than playing them at home during a “meh” stretch. We’re off to a mediocre start based on play on the field. A loss now, even if it ultimately costs us the #1 seed, isn’t critical as long as we are healthy and playing to our potential come January. If we are clicking, I will be happy to take my chances against any opponent in any venue. Win or lose, this game isn’t likely to be a significant factor in the story of the 2020 Chiefs.
The worst thing that happens is the Ravens get the #1 seed and get pounded in the divisional round again. This is the only time we're going to have to play them, no matter what happens the rest of the season.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:16 AM 09-23-2020
Chiefs win by 10 plus- bank on it!
[Reply]
Truzzz 12:44 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Except for the part where he refuses to give Lamar his share of the blame for the Titans playoff loss.

If you can’t see Lamar wasn’t good enough, you’re a homer. Simple as that.
Lamar deserves as much of the blame as anyone for that loss. He wasn't good enough for the first three quarters and out us in a hole. My point is his still put us in a position to be competitive going into the 4th quarter, much like Mahomes did every playoff game last year.
The defence gave up a TD to a running back pass, let Henry run all over them and his WRs dropped a TD and a 4th down conversion when he hit them in their hands.
[Reply]
Truzzz 12:48 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Maybe more like the mileage traveled over these two weeks. West coast and east coast games back to back.
I think the fact it's 3 points involves the kickers aswell. It's not a coincidence it's a field goal. Kickers know their stadium, the wind, the type of turf etc. Could make a difference on a key field goal.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 57
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up