ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock 2/26/21
kccrow 12:47 AM 02-26-2021
Restructures/Extensions
Restructure QB Patrick Mahomes, DT Chris Jones, WR Tyreek Hill roster bonuses into signing bonuses
Chiefs ask LT Eric Fisher to take a pay cut and put him on the PUP.
Extend SS Tyrann Mathieu for 3 years.

Re-Sign FAs
Chiefs sign to 1-year veteran minimum deals:
WR Byron Pringle
RB Darrell Williams

Tenders
CB Charvarius Ward, 2nd Rd RFA
OG Andrew Wylie, Original Rd RFA
TE Nick Kiezer, ERFA
CB DeAndre Baker ERFA (Making an assumption here that him being an ERFA is correct, apparently depends on the contract he signed)

Sign FAs
SS Lano Hill (SEA) - 1 year vet min
WR John Ross (CIN) - 1 year vet min + incentives
DE Romeo Okwara (DET) - 3 years, $33.0M
WR Rashard Higgins (CLE) - 2 years, $8.5M

Draft

Round 1 | 31 - OT Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6'7" 308)
Round 2 | 63 - LB Baron Browning, Ohio State (6'3" 240)
Round 3 | 94 - TE Hunter Long, Boston College (6'5" 255)
Round 4 | 133 - DT Khyiris Tonga, Brigham Young (6'4" 322)
Round 4 | 140 (Comp) - OC Michal Menet, Penn State (6'4" 306)
Round 5 | 171 - DE Jonathan Cooper, Ohio State (6'4" 257)
Round 5 | 175 (Comp) - DB Joshuah Bledsoe, Missouri (6'0" 201)
Round 6 | 209 (f/Miami) - WR Josh Palmer, Tennessee (6'1" 209)

Roster
QB: P. Mahomes, C. Henne
RB: C. Edwards-Helaire, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams

WR: T. Hill, R. Higgins, M. Hardman, B. Pringle, J. Ross, J. Palmer
TE: T. Kelce, H. Long, N. Keizer

LT: S. Cosmi, E. Fisher (PUP)
LG: A. Wylie, M. Rankin
OC: N. Allegretti, M. Menet
RG: L. Duvernay-Tardif, Y. Durant
RT: M. Schwartz, L. Niang

DE: F. Clark, J. Cooper
DT: C. Jones, T. Wharton
DT: D. Nnadi, K. Saunders, K. Tonga
DE: R. Okwara, M. Danna, T. Ward

SLB: W. Gay, D. Harris
ILB: A. Hitchens
WLB: B. Browning, D. O'Daniel

CB: C. Ward, L. Sneed, R. Fenton, T. Keyes, D. Baker
S: T. Mathieu, J. Thornhill, L. Hill, J. Bledsoe, A. Watts

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:09 AM 02-26-2021
Have to say....Wylie next to a rookie LT doesn’t give me happy thoughts.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:32 PM 02-26-2021
I also think, again, we need better weaponry.

We're about to face 16 games in 2021 where teams are going to throw all their resources at Kelce and Hill.

We need to have tertiary options, and I feel like we don't have enough here.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:46 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I also think, again, we need better weaponry.

We're about to face 16 games in 2021 where teams are going to throw all their resources at Kelce and Hill.

We need to have tertiary options, and I feel like we don't have enough here.
Signing Higgins as a FA to man the X, drafting one of the top 5 TEs in the 3rd, adding a former 1st round pick in FA that is still extremely young, and drafting another WR with huge upside late isn't adding weapons?

What the fuck do you want? The top 3 picks and 2 FAs for 20 mil per coming in? Because that's not happening.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:49 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Have to say....Wylie next to a rookie LT doesn’t give me happy thoughts.
The Wylie situation is extremely overblown. He's a solid Guard. He has been solid the past couple of years as a guard. Everyone's shit is in a stir over him being a terrible RT, and he certainly was. He has no business being an RT, but I'll keep him at Guard for one more year.

My idea here is to bring in Menet, let him get a bit stronger and used to the pro game, then kick Allegretti back to LG the following year.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:50 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Signing Higgins as a FA to man the X, drafting one of the top 5 TEs in the 3rd, adding a former 1st round pick in FA that is still extremely young, and drafting another WR with huge upside late isn't adding weapons?

What the **** do you want? The top 3 picks and 2 FAs for 20 mil per coming in? Because that's not happening.
Higgins is the only impact player I see on that list.

I don't think any of the other guys scare the Bucs into playing Hill and Kelce honest in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:59 PM 02-26-2021
Higgins is the only impact player I see on that list.

I don't think any of the other guys scare the Bucs into playing Hill and Kelce honest in the Super Bowl.
I think you need to revisit Long at TE. The kid is very, very good and can also be a solid contributor to the run game.

If Ross stays healthy and shows he can grasp the playbook quickly, he'd be huge as a 4th or 5th receiver. You have Hardman and Pringle still in the fold who are going to get snaps. In fact, once you replace the X with Higgins (in this case), who is going to get snaps along with Hill, Kelce, Higgins, and Hardman? It's going to be #2 TE (Long in this scenario) or a 4th WR (Pringle, Ross, or a mid-round Rookie). That's it.

There's not a reason to try to stack further. If an injury happens, then guys have to step up. You can't be 6 deep at receiver and fuck the rest of the team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:04 PM 02-26-2021
I think you need to revisit Long at TE. The kid is very, very good and can also be a solid contributor to the run game.

If Ross stays healthy and shows he can grasp the playbook quickly, he'd be huge as a 4th or 5th receiver. You have Hardman and Pringle still in the fold who are going to get snaps. In fact, once you replace the X with Higgins (in this case), who is going to get snaps along with Hill, Kelce, Higgins, and Hardman? It's going to be #2 TE (Long in this scenario) or a 4th WR (Pringle, Ross, or a mid-round Rookie). That's it.

There's not a reason to try to stack further. If an injury happens, then guys have to step up. You can't be 6 deep at receiver and fuck the rest of the team.
You basically did that at OT though. You took Cosmi and kept Fisher. Where is Cosmi going to go when Fisher comes back?

We can't afford two LT's.

Seems like you're getting a little bit of the same jitters people have with Wylie.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:04 PM 02-26-2021
And the problem in the SuperBowl wasn't with our Weapons. It was with our Offensive Line. All the weapons in the world isn't saving that atrocity. If ANYTHING you should be clamoring to stack the O-line with talent so we don't watch that shit show again.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:05 PM 02-26-2021
And the problem in the SuperBowl wasn't with our Weapons. It was with our Offensive Line. All the weapons in the world isn't saving that atrocity. If ANYTHING you should be clamoring to stack the O-line with talent so we don't watch that shit show again.
A WR would actually be able to get on the field even when everyone is healthy.

The way you have it, either Cosmi or Fisher is on the bench when both are healthy.
[Reply]
Direckshun 04:05 PM 02-26-2021

There's not a reason to try to stack further. If an injury happens, then guys have to step up. You can't be 6 deep at receiver and **** the rest of the team.
Here's what happened.

The Bucs smothered Hill and Kelce with a combined 4 guys.

They left everyone else in 1 on 1 situations and the guys never won.

Hardman never won. Pringle never won.

The Bucs are going to do that again to us in February 2022.

Higgins can do that, and he's a good get, but we need more insurance. Is Long or Ross going to beat 1v1 coverage in February?
[Reply]
kccrow 04:07 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You basically did that at OT though. You took Cosmi and kept Fisher. Where is Cosmi going to go when Fisher comes back?

We can't afford two LT's.

Seems like you're getting a little bit of the same jitters people have with Wylie.
Fisher is going nowhere but the bench to be a backup until he walks in the offseason. If I go OT in the 1st, its with the idea that he's the starter and moving on from Fisher. You want me to cut Fisher in the mock instead? Easy enough.

My jitters are with not having an average LG play RT in the most important game of the season. That means having tackles to play tackle.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:09 PM 02-26-2021
Fisher is going nowhere but the bench to be a backup until he walks in the offseason. If I go OT in the 1st, its with the idea that he's the starter and moving on from Fisher. You want me to cut Fisher in the mock instead? Easy enough.

My jitters are with not having an average LG play RT in the most important game of the season. That means having tackles to play tackle.
IF you're moving on from Fisher, you need to say so. That's a pretty significant part of bringing in a rookie OT.

If he's not going to outright replace somebody, he shouldn't be drafted. That's a waste of a 1st round pick.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:18 PM 02-26-2021
Here's what happened.

The Bucs smothered Hill and Kelce with a combined 4 guys.

They left everyone else in 1 on 1 situations and the guys never won.

Hardman never won. Pringle never won.

The Bucs are going to do that again to us in February 2022.

Higgins can do that, and he's a good get, but we need more insurance. Is Long or Ross going to beat 1v1 coverage in February?
1v1 coverage? They played a Tampa 2 in its most basic form. It's about finding the holes in the zones and attacking those spots and sitting down in your route at the right time.

What time was there to win given by the O-Line? Did receivers have the time to get to spots before Patrick got his ass pummeled?

Patrick had no fucking time to find the right receiver at the right time. None. That SB was lost for one giant reason, the offensive line. If the Chiefs do not address the offensive line and injury happens, it's going to be the same shit show. Teams will pin their ears back and attack.

Do you really think that game goes the same with Fisher and Schwartz starting? I don't. Fisher and Schwartz healthy would have dominated those edge rushers.

This is a team that has carved up any style of defense at any time and then they suddenly can't because we have a young, average guard and an old journeyman guard on his 5th team (or however many it actually is) starting at tackle and here you are screaming for weapons? Weapons? I can't even take this seriously.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:45 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
IF you're moving on from Fisher, you need to say so. That's a pretty significant part of bringing in a rookie OT.

If he's not going to outright replace somebody, he shouldn't be drafted. That's a waste of a 1st round pick.
I think I've said it enough times before that I shouldn't have to restate it 100 times again.

Here's my stance on Fisher:

1. He will, most likely, never be the same player he was before. Those that think he will be are probably in for a disappointment. For some reason, there is a group of people that think that he'll return in 6 months at 100%. The probability of that happening is very near zero. He could be back in 6 months but he also will not be 100%. It's far more probable he's back at 80% of his former self in 9-12 months.

2. Since there is a chance Fisher can come back in 2021 at some point and at least be some percentage of his former self, he could serve as a solid backup option for the playoffs but I wouldn't be one to count on much of anything more than that. That's my lone reasoning for keeping him at a reduced contract. If he refuses, cut him.

3. The Chiefs' best play is to plan to move on from him and get an offensive tackle this year to do that. It needs to happen early in the draft. In fact, I've shown statistically in the past that it's unlikely (not impossible) to get a starting caliber LT outside of round 1. In fact, it's unlikely you'll do so beyond pick 23, so if the Chiefs are serious about replacing Fisher the better bet would be to move up for the guy they think will fit best.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up