ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock Offseason 2/25
The Franchise 10:33 AM 02-25-2021
Cap Moves:
Extend Mathieu and Hill
Restructure Mahomes and Jones
Fisher signs 1 year extension. Lowers his 2021 cap hit and allows him to rehab l knowing he has another year to get a new contract.
Cut Chad Henne

RFA Tenders:
Charvarius Ward (2nd Round Tender)

Chiefs Re-Signings:
Anthony Sherman (minimum deal)
Kelechi Osemele (minimum deal)
Mike Remmers (minimum deal)
Taco Charlton (minimum deal)
Byron Pringle (Vet Min Deal)
Darrell Williams (Vet Min Deal)
Deon Yelder (Vet Min Deal)

FA Signings:
Romeo Okwara, DE, Lions (3 year deal, $10 million AVG, lower 2021 cap hit)
Justin Britt, C, Seahawks (1 year deal, $5-6 million)
Josh Reynolds, WR, Rams (3 year deal, $5-6 million AVG, lower 2021 cap hit)
Jason Peters, OT, Eagles (1 year deal, $3-4 million AVG)

Draft

#31 - Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
#63 - Hamsah Nasirildeen, S, Florida State
#94 - James Hudson, OT, Cincinnati
#136 - Cade Johnson, WR, South Dakota State
#144 - Daelin Hayes, DE, Notre Dame
#176 - Tre McKitty, TE, Georgia
#180 - Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky
#256 - Olaijah Griffin, CB, USC

53 Man Roster

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Jordan Ta'amu
RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Damien Williams, Darrell Williams
FB - Anthony Schwartz
WR - Tyreek Hill, Josh Reynolds, Mecole Hardman, Cade Johnson, Byron Pringle, Antonio Callaway
TE - Travis Kelce, Tre McKitty, Deon Yelder
OT - Eric Fisher (PUP), Mitchell Schwartz, Jason Peters, Mike Remmers, James Hudson, Prince Tega Wanogho
OG - LDT, Nick Allegretti, Martinas Rankin, Kelechi Osemele, Lucas Niang
OC - Justin Britt

DE - Frank Clark, Romeo Okwara, Taco Charlton, Daelin Hayes, Mike Danna
DT - Chris Jones, Derrick Nnadi, Tershawn Wharton, Khalen Saunders
LB - Anthony Hitchens, Willie Gay Jr., Zaven Collins, Jamin Davis, Dorian O'Daniel
CB - Charvarius Ward, L'Jarius Sneed, DeAndre Baker, Rashad Fenton, Thakarius Keyes, Olaijah Griffin
S - Tyrann Mathieu, Juan Thornhill, Hamsah Nasirildeen, Armani Watts
K - Harrison Butker
P - Tommy Townsend
LS - James Winchester

Notes:

Okwara, Collins and Nasirilideen help push this defense to top 10.

Niang has flexibility where he can play. You could start him at LG over Allegretti or over LDT at RG if Schwartz is healthy. If Schwartz isn’t, then you can try Niang at RT. Peters is brought in to start the season but can be phased out if Fisher comes back early or if Hudson starts to show that he can play earlier than expected. Allegretti is your backup at center.

Reynolds is the X and Cade Johnson can play out of the slot. Hardman is the wild card but this is his make or break year.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:48 AM 02-25-2021
Man, for a team that has struggled with the IOL, not sure that Justin Britt is much of an upgrade
[Reply]
kccrow 10:53 AM 02-25-2021
I like it overall.

I really like Okwara and is my top FA want.

I'm not much the fan of Britt. I think signing Pocic, who is flexible to start at OG or OC, is the Seahawk to sign on the O-Line and I'm guessing the could have a 1st year cap hit similar to what you outlined here and provide a longer-term solution.

As for the draft, you know I like Collins, Nasirildeen, and McKitty alot.

I would agree that in the conglomerate, this would put a good injection of talent into the defense.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:04 AM 02-25-2021
Center is probably the toughest position to figure out right now. I could see them bringing back Reiter if it’s less money and he wants to stay here. I could see them drafting one in the 2nd or 3rd round.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:08 AM 02-25-2021
If they spend their first round pick on a LB, i don’t know that they keep Hitchens around. Especially if they’re also investing in a box S like Nasredeen, too.

They’re in the 43 so little, it just seems like a lot of assets to dedicate to a position.

I think a June 1 cut of Hitchens saves them a decent chunk of $$$. Maybe that could then be used to make depth moves.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:21 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If they spend their first round pick on a LB, i don’t know that they keep Hitchens around. Especially if they’re also investing in a box S like Nasredeen, too.

They’re in the 43 so little, it just seems like a lot of assets to dedicate to a position.

I think a June 1 cut of Hitchens saves them a decent chunk of $$$. Maybe that could then be used to make depth moves.
This draft would allow the team to get rid of Hitchens after this year. Collins is an upgrade over Nieman at this time and then Collins and Gay could start in 2022 with Davis filling the 3rd LB role.
[Reply]
wachashi 11:27 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This draft would allow the team to get rid of Hitchens after this year. Collins is an upgrade over Nieman at this time and then Collins and Gay could start in 2022 with Davis filling the 3rd LB role.
Collins is extremely versatile. He could play SAM in year one and take over the snaps Damien Wilson got this year. Then year two, yeah I agree, best case scenario is that he's our MIKE calling the defense. That would be a home run.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:48 PM 02-25-2021
If he’s not playing starters snaps this year, you’re spending the first on a sub package guy (or paying a sub package guy huge $$ in Hitchens case).

If he’s good enough to QB the defense in the nickel and dime sets, why wouldn’t he be good enough to QB the defense in the 43 sub set they run?
[Reply]
wachashi 12:59 PM 02-25-2021
If he's a starting 3-down MIKE by year two, that is a home run draft pick. Who knows how quickly he'll learn the defense and adjust to attacking the speed and complexity of NFL offenses. That usually takes time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:00 PM 02-25-2021
I highly doubt they have a rookie calling the defense. Not saying he couldn't do it, just saying I don't see them handing it over to a rookie right away.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:36 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
If he's a starting 3-down MIKE by year two, that is a home run draft pick. Who knows how quickly he'll learn the defense and adjust to attacking the speed and complexity of NFL offenses. That usually takes time.

Oh, I’m not saying it’s a bad pick. Just that it seems less likely - to me - that they spend that pick AND keep Hitchens around.

Though I guess it would be possible that Gay is the 3rd guy in that situation rather than Hitchens.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:39 PM 02-25-2021
Oh, I’m not saying it’s a bad pick. Just that it seems less likely - to me - that they spend that pick AND keep Hitchens around.

Though I guess it would be possible that Gay is the 3rd guy in that situation rather than Hitchens.
It gives them options out of the base formation and allows them to move guys around. Plus it adds depth where we lacked it this last season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:56 PM 02-25-2021

They'd probably leave Gay as the third guy while Hitchens groomed Collins to call the plays in 2022.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:09 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They'd probably leave Gay as the third guy while Hitchens groomed Collins to call the plays in 2022.
Man. I see the value in it - and that's a nice "for the future" pick - but it could be kind of hard to swallow in a year where the window is wide open and there are players at OL, DE, WR or DB who could also be taken there and make a more immediate impact short-term and have similar long-term impacts.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:12 PM 02-25-2021
Man. I see the value in it - and that's a nice "for the future" pick - but it could be kind of hard to swallow in a year where the window is wide open and there are players at OL, DE, WR or DB who could also be taken there and make a more immediate impact short-term and have similar long-term impacts.
I'm finding it hard to "hate" any of the possible scenarios right now, this team is just so good and the front office is doing so well.

However, this scenario might be one that makes me the least happy.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up