ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 319
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177227 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
bobhill 03:13 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
The blueprint to beat the Chiefs is have backups playing almost every OL position with some playing spots they’ve not played as a pro. Make sure the DL KC is facing has 4 monsters that can quickly beat the backup OL. Have an assistant coach get a DUI and almost kill a couple kids leading up to the game. Make sure that even when KC is running at a 6 ypc clip, Andy decides to throw over and over. Make sure Mahomes has been dealing with turf toe so bad that it needs surgery soon as the game is over. Make sure KC’s receivers drop lots of passes that are hitting them in the hands and facemask. Make sure the refs allow the opposing team to mug and interfere with our players while calling every ticky tack penalty on the Chiefs defense. Make sure Andy and Spags don’t make any halftime adjustments. That’s the only blueprint. It was the perfect storm for TB. Add in that Bucs never had to travel for the game and KC flew in the day before the game, and that it was on the Bucs home field, with a storyline the league loves (Brady, first HFA SB), and the game wasn’t winnable. It’s not some magic scheme to shut us down, it was lots of luck and on an even playing field, KC wins that game.
If Fischer would have played it would have been a better game for the chiefs
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:46 PM 02-28-2021

One of the interesting things in here is where Matt Derrick lays out that a UDFA that reaches RFA and gets a tender is only a 1st or 2cd round tender that can be applied but the team will only receive a pick that is one round lesser than that. So if we put a 2cd round tender on Ward we would only get a 3rd round pick.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:42 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

One of the interesting things in here is where Matt Derrick lays out that a UDFA that reaches RFA and gets a tender is only a 1st or 2cd round tender that can be applied but the team will only receive a pick that is one round lesser than that. So if we put a 2cd round tender on Ward we would only get a 3rd round pick.
That's not how the upgraded tender rule works. He needs to be more clear than that.

Directly from the NFL:

Originally Posted by :
If a team places a first-round tender on a player who was selected outside of the first round, it can only receive a second-round pick as compensation for any of its other RFAs who were first-round draft picks. The same is true for the second-round tender -- if a team uses it on a player drafted in the third round or lower, it can only receive a third-round pick for any other second-round RFA it intends to tender. As an example, the Saints are reportedly using a first-round RFA tender on QB/RB/WR/TE Taysom Hill this offseason. Had New Orleans had any RFAs who were former first-round picks, it could only receive a second-round selection in return for a declined offer sheet.
The Chiefs do not have a player slotted to be tendered that fit the criteria to knock any other player lower than the tender they place on him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:11 PM 02-28-2021
The blueprint to beat the Chiefs is have backups playing almost every OL position with some playing spots they’ve not played as a pro. Make sure the DL KC is facing has 4 monsters that can quickly beat the backup OL. Have an assistant coach get a DUI and almost kill a couple kids leading up to the game. Make sure that even when KC is running at a 6 ypc clip, Andy decides to throw over and over. Make sure Mahomes has been dealing with turf toe so bad that it needs surgery soon as the game is over. Make sure KC’s receivers drop lots of passes that are hitting them in the hands and facemask. Make sure the refs allow the opposing team to mug and interfere with our players while calling every ticky tack penalty on the Chiefs defense. Make sure Andy and Spags don’t make any halftime adjustments. That’s the only blueprint. It was the perfect storm for TB. Add in that Bucs never had to travel for the game and KC flew in the day before the game, and that it was on the Bucs home field, with a storyline the league loves (Brady, first HFA SB), and the game wasn’t winnable. It’s not some magic scheme to shut us down, it was lots of luck and on an even playing field, KC wins that game.
That's all true.

It's also true that every game we've lost in the last two years (and struggled in last year's SB) were games in which the opposition was able to harass Mahomes with 4 rushers.

It's also true that often we were missing Fisher, or Watkins, or both; and it's further true that we will continue to be missing Fisher and most likely Watkins.

So you're not wrong, but there are some issues to address.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:26 PM 02-28-2021

I live in the Tampa area, and I’m getting sick to death of the preening that they “figured out” the Chiefs. They exploited our temporary weakness, and props to their DL for taking advantage of an OL that was at its weakest point of the entire season. That’s what good teams do. They earned the Lombardi.

But I have to watch the local news every night where they act like they’re gonna win 5 Super Bowls in a row, that they have the unconquerable formula, that they’re a damn dynasty in the making, rather than a team that seized the moment. And while I get the high, I’m also getting fucking perturbed by this. I hope to holy fuck we get things squared away and come back with a vengeance.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:42 PM 02-28-2021
This Super Bowl people say they won because the Chiefs O-line was decimated( their own defensive player). The other because they had the former HC of the other team. I imagine their own division calls them frauds/Brady cheats. Just to get under their skins. Tiresome to endure
[Reply]
Cosmos 08:28 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I live in the Tampa area, and I’m getting sick to death of the preening that they “figured out” the Chiefs. They exploited our temporary weakness, and props to their DL for taking advantage of an OL that was at its weakest point of the entire season. That’s what good teams do. They earned the Lombardi.

But I have to watch the local news every night where they act like they’re gonna win 5 Super Bowls in a row, that they have the unconquerable formula, that they’re a damn dynasty in the making, rather than a team that seized the moment. And while I get the high, I’m also getting ****ing perturbed by this. I hope to holy **** we get things squared away and come back with a vengeance.
What we also saw was Andy, and possibly Patrick to some extent, forcing an offensive game plan that wasn’t working.

Wonder what would have happened if Andy didn’t force the passing game.

If Andy’s head wasn’t all in the game, where was Bienemy?

Early 3rd it was clear...to me at least.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:38 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
What we also saw was Andy, and possibly Patrick to some extent, forcing an offensive game plan that wasn’t working.

Wonder what would have happened if Andy didn’t force the passing game.

If Andy’s head wasn’t all in the game, where was Bienemy?

Early 3rd it was clear...to me at least.

Very clear why he was passed over as a HC, great motivator but an average strategist
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:43 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
That's not how the upgraded tender rule works. He needs to be more clear than that.

Directly from the NFL:

The Chiefs do not have a player slotted to be tendered that fit the criteria to knock any other player lower than the tender they place on him.
Is that the same for UDFA as it is for a DFA?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:43 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
That's all true.

It's also true that every game we've lost in the last two years (and struggled in last year's SB) were games in which the opposition was able to harass Mahomes with 4 rushers.

It's also true that often we were missing Fisher, or Watkins, or both; and it's further true that we will continue to be missing Fisher and most likely Watkins.

So you're not wrong, but there are some issues to address.
We actually don't know if we will continue to be missing Fisher. Hopefully we will hear something soon considering free agency starts in almost exactly 2 weeks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:48 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
See your second post. I'm not bitter about anything man. I just think it's silly for people to pencil Fisher in as a starter or a player that comes back for similar reasons I don't think Osemele will. These guys suffered serious injuries that take a long time to come back from.

I've been one of the top advocates for Eric Fisher on this board throughout his career. I think he's one of the best LTs in the game and highly underrated. That said, I'm not pinning hope to a 30-year-old LT coming back as the same player after an Achilles tear. Like I've said if he does you're paying him a hefty contract extension. If he doesn't come back or you're unwilling to pay that extension, you better be prepared to get a LT and that means moving up in the draft to get one (more than likely).

I'm more than open to other players/positions in the draft. I'm not going to be blind to the fact that Fisher tore his Achilles tendon. There is as much a chance it dooms his career as there is he comes back to form. And there's a higher chance it's somewhere in between, a year from now.

Additionally, adding more weapons doesn't fix the issues in the Super Bowl. Healthy offensive lineman do. Maybe all our hopes and prayers are answered. One fact remains though, and that fact is the number of free agents on the docket in 2022 on the OL. Some resources have to go there this year, one way or another.
That's just the thing.

We KNOW Osemele blew out not one but both knees. We know he was on injured reserve the entire year and was unable to play.

Other than an otherwise undisclosed Achilles injury and the fact Fisher didn't play in the Super Bowl, we know nothing at all. We don't know if he's had surgery, we don't even know if he needs surgery, we don't know if he'll be back, we don't if he'll even ever walk again. They've told us absolutely nothing.

Some people have chosen that silence to mean that it's the end of Eric Fisher. I tend to think the opposite - it's status quo until they tell us otherwise. If Fisher's future with the team were under consideration at all, I think they'd say something.

The silence more than likely mean they're working out a long-term deal, in which case the discussion for a first round OT is pretty much over.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:56 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's just the thing.

We KNOW Osemele blew out not one but both knees. We know he was on injured reserve the entire year and was unable to play.

Other than an otherwise undisclosed Achilles injury and the fact Fisher didn't play in the Super Bowl, we know nothing at all. We don't know if he's had surgery, we don't even know if he needs surgery, we don't know if he'll be back, we don't if he'll even ever walk again. They've told us absolutely nothing.

Some people have chosen that silence to mean that it's the end of Eric Fisher. I tend to think the opposite - it's status quo until they tell us otherwise. If Fisher's future with the team were under consideration at all, I think they'd say something.

The silence more than likely mean they're working out a long-term deal, in which case the discussion for a first round OT is pretty much over.
Last time the team was this quiet it was Eric Berry.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:59 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Last time the team was this quiet it was Eric Berry.
They were quiet about Mitchell Schwartz all season and that seems to be turning out in the positive.

But of course, you do have a point. The Berry situation was inexcusable.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:00 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They were quiet about Mitchell Schwartz all season and that seems to be turning out in the positive.

But of course, you do have a point. The Berry situation was inexcusable.
Back surgery for a OT in his 30s is not a positive.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:03 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Back surgery for a OT in his 30s is not a positive.
When he says the recovery process is easy, quick, and he'll be back, there's absolutely no reason to think he's lying.
[Reply]
Page 127 of 319
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177227 > Last »
Up