ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Media Center>Valheim
keg in kc 12:39 PM 02-07-2021
The big new thing on Steam right now. Early access Viking survival RPG that is only $19.99 (!!!). I watched a number of hours of different guys streaming it yesterday, and I'm tempted to get it even though my PC is complete shit. If it ever comes to console, I'm all over it...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/892970/Valheim/

[Reply]
alanm 10:29 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Anyone seen the Shadowy Figure following them around at night? It disappears when you walk towards it. I was wondering if anything happens involving him later in the story. No spoilers just a yes or no would do.
It's Odin. He pops in now and then just to watch and keep a eye on you. If it were a wraith you would know but you only encounter them in the swamp.
[Reply]
alanm 10:31 PM 02-18-2021
I've only killed the 2nd boss but ya it's creepy and happens in the woods at night very strange lol.
He pops up it the day time too. I've only seen him once. Maybe you guys need more help. :-)
[Reply]
alanm 10:34 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
So, I played this for a while. It's Viking Minecraft. Finally figured out a starter house. Had to look up how to build a damn fire, LOL. Then how to build a chimney so the rain didn't put it out. Had some pretty comic deaths. Found a skeleton castle with stairs that were glitched so I couldn't get upstairs to the chest. Running out of stamina while fleeing enemies is frustrating as hell. The forest areas seemed way congested with stuff sometimes though so you couldn't see where you're going while running around. Clearly has some physics issues that could be improved. Considering I've seen like 0.0001% of the map, I'm intrigued...
You can jump up if stairs are missing. Every thing you do increases your ability to do things. There are a lot of tutorials on youtube about doing things if you need help.
[Reply]
alanm 10:37 PM 02-18-2021
I'm loving this game. Graphics aren't the greatest but there not supposed to be. Watch out for death mosquitos and wolves and Goblins. Their instant death until you build up the ability to fight them off.
[Reply]
hometeam 10:41 PM 02-18-2021
ive progressed as far as the game allows. Now we are just fleshing out our base for fun. Pretty cool game with lots of potential AND mod potential. Thats gonna be the endgame for this. Big, fat, juicy, mods.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:42 PM 02-18-2021
I thought about it for a while because I like games like 7 Days to Die. Just watched some friends play for a long while but it left me feeling like it's too much MMO, crossed bits of Life is Feudal and Rust. Meh. Probably will not get.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:50 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
ive progressed as far as the game allows. Now we are just fleshing out our base for fun. Pretty cool game with lots of potential AND mod potential. Thats gonna be the endgame for this. Big, fat, juicy, mods.
I surely hope so, does it have workshop? I know it's early but I haven't seen any mods for it. Modded games are always the most fun to me and I can't wait for that to become reality in this.

*doesn't have workshop yet hopefully in the future.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:57 PM 02-19-2021
I surely hope so, does it have workshop? I know it's early but I haven't seen any mods for it. Modded games are always the most fun to me and I can't wait for that to become reality in this.

*doesn't have workshop yet hopefully in the future.
it does not have workshop, and they have said recently they will not be 'officially' supporting mods.

100% promise that dont matter one bit and there are gonna be tons of mods for this game, ala minecraft. Minecraft technically does not support mods yet there are ten thousand mods out there for it. Gonna be the same way.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:03 AM 02-20-2021
it does not have workshop, and they have said recently they will not be 'officially' supporting mods.

100% promise that dont matter one bit and there are gonna be tons of mods for this game, ala minecraft. Minecraft technically does not support mods yet there are ten thousand mods out there for it. Gonna be the same way.
Right I did see a few mods for it but they seem to have a chance at messing up your savegame on updates. I'm going to hold off for now until it's more stable.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:24 PM 02-20-2021
As far as the game allows right now. My understanding is that there will be more biomes introduced in the future. And my interpretation of that is that more biomes equals more forsaken and more crafting progression.

I'm kind of going the opposite route as you. I'm building this massive base, but have so far only killed the initial forsaken.
[Reply]
Fish 12:54 AM 02-21-2021
Wait... so does this Early Access "Version" limit your progress?
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:24 AM 02-21-2021
im pretty sure he means they have just done all the content that it has to offer.
[Reply]
hometeam 05:13 PM 02-21-2021
Nope,

there is just a finite amount of progression at the moment, which depending on how you play I would say most people are going to get somewhere between 60-150 hours out of it unless they really get into building, and then it can go infinitely. Plus you can still help friends, make new characters, challenge yourself, roleplay, etc.

and mods are starting to come out of the woodwork

https://www.nexusmods.com/valheim/mods/
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:10 AM 02-23-2021
spent two hours last night just sailing around lol i might be addicted to this damn game
[Reply]
unlurking 03:21 PM 02-23-2021
I'm about 30 hours in, just started my 2nd base in the black forest to start working towards bronze and the elder. The spot I picked for my new base is right next to a greydwarf spawn area and it's taking me forever just to get some clear cutting done so I can start to expand my base. So far, really enjoying this game.

My only disappointment right now is that I can't get my server to show up in the list. Have to connect by IP, and it won't take an FQDN either. Hope they fix that soon.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up