ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 31
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>Disney+: WandaVision
keg in kc 05:06 PM 09-21-2020
I didn't think I wanted to watch this. Then the trailer premiered last night.

[Reply]
Frazod 01:14 PM 01-16-2021
I lasted about 15 minutes. Just couldn't get past the whole WTF? bit.

Not a big Marvel fan to begin with, though, which I'm sure doesn't help.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:05 PM 01-16-2021
Dick Van Dyke was a consultant.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:38 PM 01-16-2021
Looks absolutely awful
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:56 PM 01-16-2021
I didn't realize that was DVD and Betwitched houses.

I watched a bunch of Nick at Night as a kid, and maybe that's tripping a little nostalgia in there, but I had no trouble continuing to watch. At all. I was quite intrigued where they were heading.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:07 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I didn't realize that was DVD and Betwitched houses.
If you have Hulu, you can watch the 2nd episode of the Dick Van Dyke show to see the same exact kitchen, even down to the old tube radio sitting on a shelf, as was shown in the first episode of WandaVision.

The set director did an amazing job of replicating absolutely everything.

I watched a bunch of Nick at Night as a kid, and maybe that's tripping a little nostalgia in there, but I had no trouble continuing to watch. At all. I was quite intrigued where they were heading.
Yeah, I think it's going to be very cool, especially considering that a huge portion of the audience watching WV grew up watching classic sitcoms such as Bewitched and Dick Van Dyke.

I'm super excited to see where it goes next.
[Reply]
unlurking 03:38 PM 01-16-2021
The first episode was rough to get through for me too. While I appreciate what they were trying to do, I never liked those B&W sitcoms. It was basically an exercise in spotting easter eggs for me. The second episode was better. IMO they would have been better off combining them and starting with a longer pilot. I ran some errands between episodes and almost didn't watch the second one. Glad I did though. otherwise I might not have ever come back to it. Now that walls are bending between realities, I'm much more interested.
[Reply]
unlurking 03:41 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I lasted about 15 minutes. Just couldn't get past the whole WTF? bit.

Not a big Marvel fan to begin with, though, which I'm sure doesn't help.
The MCU has had so much success so far, it was only a matter of time before they started branching out into shows that don't resonate with the casual fans. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes because I love the actors and the characters, but the show started out like nails on a chalkboard to me.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:06 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
The first episode was rough to get through for me too. While I appreciate what they were trying to do, I never liked those B&W sitcoms. It was basically an exercise in spotting easter eggs for me. The second episode was better. IMO they would have been better off combining them and starting with a longer pilot. I ran some errands between episodes and almost didn't watch the second one. Glad I did though. otherwise I might not have ever come back to it. Now that walls are bending between realities, I'm much more interested.
Really? You didn't get the reality bending out of the first one?

Vision didn't know WTF was going on right after he said he actually is incapable of forgetting anything.

And that whole "stop it stop it stop it" thing was just epically creepy. Same with that Stark toaster commercial.

I mean they went a long way out of their way to make it different.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:40 PM 01-16-2021

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:13 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If you have Hulu, you can watch the 2nd episode of the Dick Van Dyke show to see the same exact kitchen, even down to the old tube radio sitting on a shelf, as was shown in the first episode of WandaVision.

The set director did an amazing job of replicating absolutely everything.

Yeah, I think it's going to be very cool, especially considering that a huge portion of the audience watching WV grew up watching classic sitcoms such as Bewitched and Dick Van Dyke.

I'm super excited to see where it goes next.
I liked how they even had the separate beds in their bedroom.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:53 PM 01-16-2021

[Reply]
unlurking 06:38 PM 01-16-2021
Really? You didn't get the reality bending out of the first one?

Vision didn't know WTF was going on right after he said he actually is incapable of forgetting anything.

And that whole "stop it stop it stop it" thing was just epically creepy. Same with that Stark toaster commercial.

I mean they went a long way out of their way to make it different.

I did, it was just way over powered by the 60's sitcom. I hated those shows. The reality bending in the first episode wasn't enough to compensate for me. The choking scene was great, but 10 seconds compared to 20 minutes.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:01 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I did, it was just way over powered by the 60's sitcom. I hated those shows. The reality bending in the first episode wasn't enough to compensate for me. The choking scene was great, but 10 seconds compared to 20 minutes.
I do think this might be a show a lot of younger marvel fans might have some problems getting in to. It’s obviously not the normal slam bang action stuff and anyone younger than 35 won’t have any idea about 50-60s sitcoms
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:03 PM 01-16-2021
Love the tone of this so far. I hope it doesn't devolve into regular action Marvel fare this season because this looks unique and interesting in a way that most of the MCU's stuff just isn't.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:19 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I do think this might be a show a lot of younger marvel fans might have some problems getting in to. It’s obviously not the normal slam bang action stuff and anyone younger than 35 won’t have any idea about 50-60s sitcoms
Heh. I'm close to 50, but as an 80's kid those 60 sitcom reruns sucked. Took away airtime from cartoons, monster movies, kung-fu movies, a-team, airwolf, star trek reruns, battlestar galactica reruns, TNG, etc. I hated Beaver, DVD, Jeannie, etc.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 31
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up