ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 56
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:57 PM 02-27-2021
What’s the cost of getting cards PSA graded since that’s what seems to fetch the crazy prices?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:28 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
What’s the cost of getting cards PSA graded since that’s what seems to fetch the crazy prices?
Enough that you better be damn sure it’s a 10 before you send it in. Also you’ll be waiting around 6 months to get it back.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:57 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Enough that you better be damn sure it’s a 10 before you send it in. Also you’ll be waiting around 6 months to get it back.
You can get them back much faster if you write a note on the card and tell them you need it graded asap.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 03:00 AM 02-28-2021
I have no freakin explanation for why certain cards are going ballistic. I was fortunately part of one of the most recent and strange explosions. I bought this 1979 Venorlandus Muhammad Ali like 10 years ago for like $20. I had it on my table at sooooo many shows over the years at $30 and never so much as a nibble. I finally moved it to my $10 bargain box and still no sale. Fast forward to tonight, it sold on ebay for $1,880!

[Reply]
dlphg9 04:12 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
I have no freakin explanation for why certain cards are going ballistic. I was fortunately part of one of the most recent and strange explosions. I bought this 1979 Venorlandus Muhammad Ali like 10 years ago for like $20. I had it on my table at sooooo many shows over the years at $30 and never so much as a nibble. I finally moved it to my $10 bargain box and still no sale. Fast forward to tonight, it sold on ebay for $1,880!

Lol that's insane. I can't believe what is going on with prices of cards.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:25 AM 02-28-2021
Five years from now it'll be back in the bargain bin
[Reply]
kevrunner 12:56 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
If you sign up for a yearly membership with PSA, you can get reduce prices on how much it costs per card. I recently joined, it costs around $60 for the membership. I just sent in 26 cards to get graded and the total cost was a little over $300 for the order.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:34 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
If you sign up for a yearly membership with PSA, you can get reduce prices on how much it costs per card. I recently joined, it costs around $60 for the membership. I just sent in 26 cards to get graded and the total cost was a little over $300 for the order.

To get your money’s worth, how many cards do you need to send in?

I’ve watched YouTube guys turn in 100’s of cards at once.
[Reply]
kevrunner 05:54 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
To get your money’s worth, how many cards do you need to send in?

I’ve watched YouTube guys turn in 100’s of cards at once.
Those guys are hoping to get PSA 10 grades on as many cards as they can. Big value difference in a PSA 10 compared to a PSA 9 in newer cards. Older, vintage cards can still be real valuable in lower grades due to the fact no body took care of their cards back then, pre-1980s. I just saw a 1996 Topps Kobe Bryant PSA 10 sell for $6,700 and a PSA 9 sold for $1,500. I just started to send some of my cards in for grades. I did send one of these Kobe Bryant’s in and I will be so pleased if it gets a PSA 9.

Kind of hard to say how many cards does it take to get your $$$ worth, could be only one card if it grades out to a PSA 10 and it’s a desirable player.

The centering and sharpness of the corners of the card needs to be perfect, without any kind of blemish to even get a chance to be a PSA 10. PSA 9s are still good. You have to do some research on your cards and see what they are selling for in the different grades, and to determine if it’s worthwhile to get them graded.

New cards today, everyone puts the valuable players right away into protective holders to reduce the chances of getting the corners bent, or other damage.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:16 PM 02-28-2021
I guess it might be worth it if you pooled together your best cards with your friends best cards and split the costs. If you’re looking to get rid of your cards and get something for it I would think it would be worth paying it knowing you are selling it at the best known value instead of always wondering if you could’ve got more.
[Reply]
Valiant 12:26 AM 03-01-2021
Those guys are hoping to get PSA 10 grades on as many cards as they can. Big value difference in a PSA 10 compared to a PSA 9 in newer cards. Older, vintage cards can still be real valuable in lower grades due to the fact no body took care of their cards back then, pre-1980s. I just saw a 1996 Topps Kobe Bryant PSA 10 sell for $6,700 and a PSA 9 sold for $1,500. I just started to send some of my cards in for grades. I did send one of these Kobe Bryant’s in and I will be so pleased if it gets a PSA 9.

Kind of hard to say how many cards does it take to get your $$$ worth, could be only one card if it grades out to a PSA 10 and it’s a desirable player.

The centering and sharpness of the corners of the card needs to be perfect, without any kind of blemish to even get a chance to be a PSA 10. PSA 9s are still good. You have to do some research on your cards and see what they are selling for in the different grades, and to determine if it’s worthwhile to get them graded.

New cards today, everyone puts the valuable players right away into protective holders to reduce the chances of getting the corners bent, or other damage.
Depends on what you are doing. I am sending off cards of players that are rookies or younger players who I think will blow up. If I wait til they blow up. The grading costs also goes up.
[Reply]
kevrunner 01:22 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Depends on what you are doing. I am sending off cards of players that are rookies or younger players who I think will blow up. If I wait til they blow up. The grading costs also goes up.
Yeah, I did have to pay $65 for just 1 of my cards due to the fact that it was a high value card already prior to getting it graded.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:14 PM 03-01-2021

[Reply]
kevrunner 09:56 PM 03-01-2021
Price went up, but the one good thing about is now you only have to send in 10 cards to get the discount price. Before you had to send in 20 cards. I’ve been wanting to send in some pre 1971 cards but I didn’t have enough to get the discount, but now I can. These cards are for me, not reselling them, a couple of Namaths, Lew Alcindor (before he changed his name), Maravich and Willie Mays. I’ll be curious to see what grades they get.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:33 AM 03-02-2021
Price went up, but the one good thing about is now you only have to send in 10 cards to get the discount price. Before you had to send in 20 cards. I’ve been wanting to send in some pre 1971 cards but I didn’t have enough to get the discount, but now I can. These cards are for me, not reselling them, a couple of Namaths, Lew Alcindor (before he changed his name), Maravich and Willie Mays. I’ll be curious to see what grades they get.
:-)

I think this will hurt the guys who send in a bunch & it actually helpful for a guy like me.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 56
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up