ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 166 of 173
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:36 PM 04-26-2017
RIP Ed. Thank you for being an inspiration to many people here. I hope I can be as strong as you when my time comes.
[Reply]
luv 01:36 PM 04-26-2017
Every day, this would be the first thread I checked. He always had something positive to say, whether you believed the same way he did or not. He wanted his life to matter, and it did. I knew this day would come. I'm kind of disheartened, but glad that he will no longer be suffering. I've seen that first hand, and it's not pleasant. His ability to stay positive throughout the process is to be admired. I hope I can handle death the same way he did. RIP.
[Reply]
TLO 01:50 PM 04-26-2017
:-)

RIP Ed. Thanks for everything.
[Reply]
KCwolf 02:30 PM 04-26-2017
RIP Ed
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 02:36 PM 04-26-2017
Well I'm glad he's not suffering anymore. Shame he didn't make it back to Denmark one more time.

This thread got really surreal towards the end. RIP
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:51 PM 04-26-2017
RIP Ed. You're one of the best people on the planet (and all that implies).

God just brought home one of his best!
[Reply]
Sfeihc 03:08 PM 04-26-2017
RIP, Ed. Godspeed and forever grateful for the grace, wisdom and bravery you showed us.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsOne 03:13 PM 04-26-2017
Sorry to hear, seemed like a great guy!
[Reply]
KS Smitty 03:37 PM 04-26-2017
Rest peacefully knowing all the lives you touched in your short time on earth.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 03:39 PM 04-26-2017
RIP, ed. It takes a special kind of person to inspire strangers and you did that by sharing your story. The positivity, courage, and dignity you displayed while going through what I can only imagine as a living hell was awesome to witness. May you Rest In Peace.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 03:46 PM 04-26-2017
Rest in peace Ed. And here is for the Viking you are, hvil i fred.
[Reply]
ChiTown 04:16 PM 04-26-2017
RIP, Brother.

You are the victor, and now a member of God's Holy Kingdom.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:58 PM 04-26-2017
Ed,

'Slan leat' friend. I hope, nay, I know, you'll be granted a generous share of eternity.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:09 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I'm not sure exactly what to say here, but I figured all of you guys should hear the news.

I'm friends with Lonewolf Ed on Facebook, and just read a post stating that he passed this morning.

RIP, Ed. You have left a heck of an impression on us all.
Thank you, Tim.

I don't believe I've ever been so grateful to know someone that I've never met face to face.
A lot of light upstairs today, and a little less for us down here.

So long, friend. I'll see you on that greatest of days.

Amen.
[Reply]
scho63 05:35 PM 04-26-2017
This thread and the life and death of Lonewolf Ed will never be forgotten by me or nearly everyone here on CP.

I am deeply humbled to have shared this experience and get to know Ed via this site.

R.I.P. you glorious Viking!
[Reply]
Page 166 of 173
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170 > Last »
Up