ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>-- CPer's Drive-Ins & Dives - share your local 'hole-in-the-wall'
Simply Red 01:08 PM 01-05-2011
Yeah, pls. share the menu of some restaurant choices (local 'to you') that are not really chains, but have great food. Novelty places are a plus - you may wanna post menu links and their physical business signs.

Food topics have always gone over well. I have several in mind, but i'll wait and join up, later.

TY

[Reply]
KCUnited 12:16 PM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Longboards in the Northland is supposed to be really good... I've heard really good things about it from coworkers, but never seem to make it there for lunch...

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ci...pn=0,0&t=h&z=2
It is good, outstanding even, and I was hoping it would get mentioned here. I didn't mention it as I found out about the place through CP.

Its a must try.
[Reply]
Phobia 12:26 PM 01-06-2011
Broadway Grill in Oak Grove makes spectacular burgers. Best restaurant burger I've had.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:41 PM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Broadway Grill in Oak Grove makes spectacular burgers. Best restaurant burger I've had.
You still need to try Bettys in Blue Springs, Pork Tenderloin Sammy. The one I was telling you about a few years back.
[Reply]
2bikemike 02:01 PM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Extra Point:
RIP: Cascone's in the City Market, Paul Bunyan Burger on 7th St. Tfwy, Joe's Grill and Lopez's near Westport

Long live: Englewood Cafe and Big Biscuit in Independence, Dagwood's and Eaton's in KCK, Woodswether Cafe
What Paul Bunyon burger is gone? When I was a kid I used to eat there all the time.
[Reply]
Extra Point 02:06 PM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
What Paul Bunyon burger is gone? When I was a kid I used to eat there all the time.
You haven't been a kid in a long, LONG, time.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:22 PM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Grinder's was on Drive ins Diners and Dives.

There's a place in St. Louis called Iron Barley that's also excellent, It was also featured on DD&D:

http://www.ironbarley.com/
+1 on Iron Barley

Slow roasted pork loin, and that stuff it's sitting on is barley steeped and smoked in a red wine and trimming reduction. Stuff is like crack.

Also, Blackthorne Pub Pizza

Dunno if it's a 'Dive' [what with it taking up half a block, with a basement concert venue and sidewalk seating] but another unique place with lots of character and really good food - - Blueberry Hill.

Particular faves are Blue Cheeseburger, Onion Rings and Red Beans and Rice, latter 2 can be seen in the pics below

Writeup and pics below

http://www.hellosaintlouis.com/Artic...e_a_thrill.Cfm
[Reply]
Stewie 04:09 PM 01-06-2011
Merriam Drive/Lane has some great hole-in-the-wall joints. From KCK to old Johnson County.

Tacos El Matador (authentic Mexican plus a more "American" menu)
Grandstand Burgers
La Cabana del Pollo (really small Mexican restaurant)
El Pulgarcito (El Salvadoran food. Really good.)

In KCK, I never miss El Pollo Rey when I get a chance. Rockin' chicken and it's the definition of a hole-in-the-wall.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:28 PM 01-22-2011
client-dinner (their choice) tonight - going here--> http://www.theiberianpigatl.com

-gotta say, not real excited about their menu. Their first signature drink looks cool, though. ...If i drank.

[Reply]
SAUTO 03:34 PM 01-22-2011
Another el pollo rey fan huh? Several on this board. My pops still lives on that same block.....

Originally Posted by Stewie:
Merriam Drive/Lane has some great hole-in-the-wall joints. From KCK to old Johnson County.

Tacos El Matador (authentic Mexican plus a more "American" menu)
Grandstand Burgers
La Cabana del Pollo (really small Mexican restaurant)
El Pulgarcito (El Salvadoran food. Really good.)

In KCK, I never miss El Pollo Rey when I get a chance. Rockin' chicken and it's the definition of a hole-in-the-wall.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Paniero 03:43 PM 01-22-2011
When I was younger, my dad took me to work with him on the weekends in KC and stopped at a hole in the wall buritto place called California's or something similar. It was mostly take out, but could seat a few people. It was on a corner, and had a pic of Hulk Hogan who'd ate there.

Do you guys know the exact name and location of this place? I'm going to KC in May for the Royals/Cards game, and would like to stop there for old time's sake since my dad's no longer around.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Reaper16 05:17 PM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
client-dinner (their choice) tonight - going here--> http://www.theiberianpigatl.com

-gotta say, not real excited about their menu. Their first signature drink looks cool, though. ...If i drank.
That menu sounds delicious.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:25 PM 01-22-2011
closed. They relocated to being directly on sw blvd. went out of business. Then it was jared allens place iirc. Needless to day that didn't last either.

I loved californias back in the day......[QbUOTE=Paniero;7375162]When I was younger, my dad took me to work with him on the weekends in KC and stopped at a hole in the wall buritto place called California's or something similar. It was mostly take out, but could seat a few people. It was on a corner, and had a pic of Hulk Hogan who'd ate there.

Do you guys know the exact name and location of this place? I'm going to KC in May for the Royals/Cards game, and would like to stop there for old time's sake since my dad's no longer around.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:52 PM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
That menu sounds delicious.
I know I know - I just wanna stick w/ simple (but it's the cust's choice) - really want a Houston's Burger. I'm too stressed to concentrate.
[Reply]
Paniero 10:04 PM 01-22-2011
Thanks Jasonsauto. Too bad I missed one last hot buritto.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:11 PM 01-22-2011
I am sure the Peanut on 5000 Main in KC has been mentioned. Hole in the wall with great sandwiches and better wings.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up