ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 324
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
chiefforlife 06:55 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
OMG :-)

You fucking guys. I mean jesus

:-)
I am all for letting Spags build his own staff. I am just surprised that this is the first guy out the door. He was our only bright spot on the Defensive side.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:56 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:
That's a shame. Thought he was decent for us. But given that hes pretty familiar with pettines defense, it's probably a better fit for him. I'm a little worried we'll be picking at table scraps this late in the game. Maybe some talent in the college ranks.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:58 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Fuck this board is bi-polar.

A position coach leaves from the worst defense in the NFL and pitchforks are out.
Same position coach was “rumored” to be considered for the DC job but the fans screamed “Fuck no”.

JFC.
No kidding. The only reason posters were so high on him is the season Ford had, and yet plenty of posters have no problem tagging and trading Ford
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:58 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I am all for letting Spags build his own staff. I am just surprised that this is the first guy out the door. He was our only bright spot on the Defensive side.
He's just the first guy that got a job. I doubt he was the first out the door; I expect they were all told they were free to seek employment elsewhere.

Other than Britt, probably, who'll get like some defensive assistant/quality control gig or something.

I'm just cracking up because half the board was all, " They better not fucking hire Mike fucking Smith, he's a bum!"

And then immediately when he takes another job, it's all, " What?! Spags fired Mike Smith!?"
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:02 PM 01-25-2019
Yes, I would have preferred a longer process with more stones being unturned, who wouldn't? That said, as I thought about it more, I realized that the Chiefs were not going to deny a current position coach the opportunity and then bring in ANOTHER position coach from a different franchise. Do I agree with that? Not really. I believe talent should trump all. I believe in Meritocracy. But I can also be grateful that I am not staring down the barrel of a Mike Smith on this day.

At the end of the day, I'm getting my scheme change, I'm getting a DC with SOMETHING resembling a pulse, and the ONLY thing I need to ask myself is this:

"Can Spags get this defense from #31 to #23 or better in his first year"?

Yes. I believe he can. And when you have Reid and Mahomes, that...

...is enough.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 07:03 PM 01-25-2019
He's just the first guy that got a job. I doubt he was the first out the door; I expect they were all told they were free to seek employment elsewhere.

Other than Britt, probably, who'll get like some defensive assistant/quality control gig or something.

I'm just cracking up because half the board was all, " They better not fucking hire Mike fucking Smith, he's a bum!"

And then immediately when he takes another job, it's all, " What?! Spags fired Mike Smith!?"
LOL, I get it. I am really excited to hear who Spags brings in. Cant wait to hear whom and maybe a press conference from the man himself.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:15 PM 01-25-2019
Antonio pierce keep a eye on him for LB coach
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:34 PM 01-25-2019

DVOA of defenses that Spagnuolo has DC'd are as follows... 13th, 8th, 32nd, 30th, 2nd, and 24th.

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:35 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Yes, but again, you gotta consider the context there. 32 was Saints the year Payton was suspended, 30 was a horrific NYG squad he took over (and brought to 2nd the following year), and 24th was the year the Giants basically quit.

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) January 25, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:36 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
gee, we haven't' seen this or discussed it for the last 36 hours or anything.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:38 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
actually-he's probably the only one from that staff that will get a job at all.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:34 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Fuck this board is bi-polar.

A position coach leaves from the worst defense in the NFL and pitchforks are out.
Same position coach was “rumored” to be considered for the DC job but the fans screamed “Fuck no”.

JFC.
It's fascinating. Like getting the dumbest piranhas you can find and then throwing them in a tiny fishbowl and watching them fight it out.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:52 PM 01-25-2019
If they elect to get rid of Ford, ideally via the tag & trade if so, I’m really intrigued by Shane Ray.

He’s had a wrist issue that set him back and didn’t get many opportunities to play in Denver behind some stud players. But I think he could come here to KC where he is from, fully motivated and healthy, ready to fit right into this new scheme like a glove. And he’d probably cost 1/3 of what Ford will on the tag.

Not saying it’s necessarily what they should do but it could turn out well. Had 8 sacks in 2016, the one year that he actually got to play a decent amount.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:01 PM 01-25-2019

You don't understand not wanting Mike Smith as Defensive Coordinator but still wanting Mike Smith as Linebacker's coach?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:16 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If they elect to get rid of Ford, ideally via the tag & trade if so, I’m really intrigued by Shane Ray.

He’s had a wrist issue that set him back and didn’t get many opportunities to play in Denver behind some stud players. But I think he could come here to KC where he is from, fully motivated and healthy, ready to fit right into this new scheme like a glove. And he’d probably cost 1/3 of what Ford will on the tag.

Not saying it’s necessarily what they should do but it could turn out well. Had 8 sacks in 2016, the one year that he actually got to play a decent amount.
The problem with Ford is that he's taken SO LONG just to reach "contributing asset"-status. I don't know about you, but I'm not backing up the Brinks truck for a 1st round pick that reaches "contributing asset"-status as his high water mark going in to a contract year.

Fuck THAT.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 324
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Up