ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Favorite game you’ve been to?
comochiefsfan 07:42 PM 05-23-2020
For me it’s probably 2018 vs the Ravens (Mahomes no-look pass and 4th and 9 game). A VERY close second would be the Divisional Game last year against the Texans.

Least favorite being the Wild Card catastrophe against the Titans (still can’t believe Andy abandoned Kareem during that 2nd half).

Honorable mention is 2014 against the Donks on Sunday Night. I went to that game as a neutral NFL fan mainly to see Peyton Manning before he retired. We got creamed, but even though we lost, I fell in love with the atmosphere at Arrowhead and came away feeling a connection to the Chiefs and the crowd at the game. I haven’t missed a Chiefs game since.

Simply put, there’s no place like Arrowhead. Anybody else have some favorite stories of games they’ve been to?
[Reply]
digger 09:06 AM 05-26-2020
Just an old one out of so many:
Monday night back in arrowhead...

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...9110070kan.htm
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:22 AM 05-26-2020
last season's AFCCG...no question
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:39 AM 05-26-2020
Being at the 2020 AFCG with my two Son's was absolutely incredible. I'll never forget it.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:47 AM 05-26-2020
Favorite game.
2019 season AFC Championship game, easily.

Least favorite was probably 2003 Divisional against the Colts. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 10:51 AM 05-26-2020
Another great memories game was the 1993 Monday night against the Broncos. Montana's first home game as a Chief.

And another that I hate was last year's AFC Champ game against the Patriots. We were so, so close. :-)
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:08 AM 05-26-2020
Favorite games I've been to:

1. 2020 Divisional Round vs. Houston
2. 2016 Christmas night vs. Denver
3. 1997 Thanksgiving weekend vs. SF 49ers - we just beat the shit outta the 9ers 44-9 I just realized that this entire game is on youtube...

[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:12 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Favorite games I've been to:

1. 2020 Divisional Round vs. Houston
2. 2016 Christmas night vs. Denver
3. 1997 Thanksgiving weekend vs. SF 49ers - we just beat the shit outta the 9ers 44-9 I just realized that this entire game is on youtube...
Here is the NFL Primetime of that game since the video quality isn't the greatest.

[Reply]
tatorhog 11:15 AM 05-26-2020
My favorite was the NE shellacking when we set the noise record (we ponied up for the Guiness cert lol). My wife and I got to go on the field to help hold the giant flag before the game. During warm ups my wife loudly said something to the effect of "look, there's that weasel Edelman" when he was a few feet from us and shot us a stink eye.

Second favorite was a loss, but I was younger and Dad got some tickets to a Seahawks game because I was all about DT. That was the game he got 7 (should have been 8) sacks. The loss sucked, but as a kid getting to see my favorite player absolutely wreck Seattle was pretty special.
[Reply]
Zap Rowsdower 11:22 AM 05-26-2020
The loudest game in Arrowhead history ... Chiefs/Chargers MNF 1995
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:28 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Zap Rowsdower:
The loudest game in Arrowhead history ... Chiefs/Chargers MNF 1995
1990 vs Broncos. Elway is backed against his own 1 yd line and asks the ref for help with the crowd noise. Awesome.

https://youtu.be/n3Csj3xJmwI
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:34 AM 05-26-2020
2014 Monday night football beat down of the Patriots the night before the Royals wild card masterpiece against the A’s. Went to both games and the energy of the city was incredible. Benching Brady was just the cherry on top!

The 4th and 48 Raiders game was also great because fuck the Raiders.

The Houston divisional game this past season was pretty incredible to be at as well.

It’s too tough to choose. They were all great experiences.
[Reply]
DrRyan 11:45 AM 05-26-2020
Probably the Ravens game last year. My son's first game for his 10th birthday. Rain coming down in sheets while tailgating and him loving slinging the football around in the parking lot in the rain was something he talks about quite a bit. Sky clears up 15 minutes or so before kickoff and only minimal rain the rest of the game. Two miracle punts that Lamar threw up getting caught made the score look closer than the game really was.

It was more enjoyable weather than my first game. The 9-7 win over the Raiders suffering through freezing rain most of that game is still a game I remember a lot.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:22 PM 05-26-2020
The AFCCG should probably be ineligible because if you were there for that and it's not your answer, you're just wrong (unless you also went to the SB).

Apart from that, I'd say the Chargers rain game on opening night in, I think, 2010? Arrowhead had just been renovated, it was Monday Night Football and the Royals had played that morning. It was my birthday so we made a day/night thing out of it and got a suite for the Royals game. Tailgated in the middle.

Just the intro and the atmosphere made that game incredibly memorable. And then I'm pretty sure we had a massive red zone stand on the Chargers last drive to end it (but by then I was pretty drunk so I can't necessarily trust my memory).
[Reply]
tatorhog 12:48 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The AFCCG should probably be ineligible because if you were there for that and it's not your answer, you're just wrong (unless you also went to the SB).

Apart from that, I'd say the Chargers rain game on opening night in, I think, 2010? Arrowhead had just been renovated, it was Monday Night Football and the Royals had played that morning. It was my birthday so we made a day/night thing out of it and got a suite for the Royals game. Tailgated in the middle.

Just the intro and the atmosphere made that game incredibly memorable. And then I'm pretty sure we had a massive red zone stand on the Chargers last drive to end it (but by then I was pretty drunk so I can't necessarily trust my memory).
that was a fun game, but having Train as the halftime show for the big unvealing of the remodeled Arrowhead was something I never understood.
[Reply]
SuperChief 01:21 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

You're correct on all fronts. The last drive was in the rain, and we had to stop the Chargers in the endzone (basically) to win the game and we DID. That's the first game I every took my dad to - he had taken me to several growing up, so I finally got the repay the favor.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up