ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Favorite game you’ve been to?
comochiefsfan 07:42 PM 05-23-2020
For me it’s probably 2018 vs the Ravens (Mahomes no-look pass and 4th and 9 game). A VERY close second would be the Divisional Game last year against the Texans.

Least favorite being the Wild Card catastrophe against the Titans (still can’t believe Andy abandoned Kareem during that 2nd half).

Honorable mention is 2014 against the Donks on Sunday Night. I went to that game as a neutral NFL fan mainly to see Peyton Manning before he retired. We got creamed, but even though we lost, I fell in love with the atmosphere at Arrowhead and came away feeling a connection to the Chiefs and the crowd at the game. I haven’t missed a Chiefs game since.

Simply put, there’s no place like Arrowhead. Anybody else have some favorite stories of games they’ve been to?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:37 PM 05-23-2020
Super Bowl LIV
[Reply]
DanT 08:42 PM 05-23-2020
Game 7, 1985 World Series, which my older brother and I worked as food vendors, followed by Super Bowl LIV, which we attended as fans.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:46 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Super Bowl LIV
And with that, the thread ends.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:49 PM 05-23-2020
I've enjoyed a lot of games, pretty much any game that ends in a win. But the two most special would have to be the Chiefs/Colts playoff in 2019 and the Montana Monday Night game in Denver in 1993.

The least favorite would probably be the Todd Haley no-handshake game in Denver. It was no fun from start to finish.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:53 PM 05-23-2020
Chiefs-Rams game in 2000 at Arrowhead, when the Chiefs beat the previously undefeated Greatest Show on Turf Rams, 54-34 is my second all time favorite Chiefs game that I have attended in-person.
[Reply]
eDave 08:54 PM 05-23-2020
I've only been to a few. So I suppose it was the beatdown of San Francisco a long time ago. It was a miserable day weatherwise if I remember right.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:05 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Chiefs vs Raiders, Thursday Night football in the freezing cold. The noise was incredible when Tyreek returned a punt for a touchdown.
Was at that one too.

The Tyreek chant was incredible!
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:12 PM 05-23-2020
Your mom was the Texans & I was Mahomes. I came from behind and destroyed her
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 09:13 PM 05-23-2020
Favorites in attendance: 2018 in Pittsburgh (Mahomes 6 TD passes)...Atlanta 2016(Berry returned 2pt conversion), Jax opener last year....honerable mention: Lions in early 90s (Barry Word 200 yd game....first time at arrowhead)

Least favorite: Steelers playoff game few years ago...the Fisher hold game...cold as hell)
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:21 PM 05-23-2020
3rd and 48 game vs. Raiders.
The Seahawks and Chiefs were in the midst of that back-and-forth bragging rights competition for loudest stadium and when DJ got a pick six late in the game the crowd organically went nuts and set the noise record. I remember trying to say something to my dad standing right beside me and he couldn’t hear me, and everybody was jumping up and down for joy. Good times.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 09:28 PM 05-23-2020
Can't say my favorite, but most impactfull was the no punt game. The crowd got very quiet just when I hollered "Warfield , you piece of shit" I am sure he heard me and probably everyone did. lol
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:45 PM 05-23-2020
1st game I went to was Joe Montana against the Chargers at Arrowhead in 1993. For sentimental reasons, it will always be special.

The Pittsburgh playoff game in Jan 1994 will also always be special.

Joe beating the 49ers was awesome. DT ate Young's lunch...

Seattle rain game in 1998...

The last game I saw DT play in was 1999, again against the Chargers. We shut them out.

Dante Hall going apeshit against the Cardinals in 2002...

Beating the Raiders on Christmas in 2004. I think by a point.

Going with Britt and watching Jamal Charles torch the Broncos during the Pioli era...

But those were all just a prelude to The Comeback. Patrick Mahomes and the 28 point second quarter against the Texans in the playoffs during the Super Bowl run. Whoa, mama...etched into my soul.
[Reply]
BossChief 05-23-2020, 09:52 PM
This message has been deleted by BossChief.
smithandrew051 09:52 PM 05-23-2020
Chiefs-Texans Divisional Playoff 2019
Kansas-Missouri Basketball in Allen Fieldhouse 2012
Kansas Basketball Legends of the Phog in 2011 during the NBA Lockout
Chiefs-Jacksonville Regular Season 2018 (my first time seeing Mahomes live)
[Reply]
Bump 11:14 PM 05-23-2020
I went to a game a long time ago with a co-worker of mine. He was a Chiefs fan and we were playing the Broncos at Arrowhead. It was really cold and I guess his only winter jacket had some dark purplish color with some dark orange color and every other donkey fan kept trying to high five him and he would say "nah nah, I'm not a broncos fan" and it was hilarious.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 11:23 PM 05-23-2020
My personal favorite was the Raider game that Derrick Thomas called the sack against Jeff George. I was on the lower level 15 yard line and the Chiefs side closest to the tunnel. The crowd was LOUD that day and sometimes you had to just stop cheering long enough to soak it all in. It happened in our endzone, and my buddy saw DT call the safety right before the snap. When George went down, Arrowhead was CRAZY...

Now, had a local guy contacted me the evening before, I would have been at the Texan playoff game last year. There's no doubt in my mind that would have been my favorite.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up