ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dak turns downs 5 year 175 million deal from Cowboys
Deberg_1990 11:34 AM 05-21-2020

Dak Prescott turned down a 5-year, $175 million contract offer from the #Cowboys according to @CSimmsQB

It would've made him the highest paid QB in history.

Prescott instead is seeking “north of $45M” in the final season of his new deal, reportedly. pic.twitter.com/IBYCVaxVk7

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) May 21, 2020

[Reply]
Coogs 07:40 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
If you find a top 10 QB you pretty much have to pay them. It sucks but it’s the market these days.

I don’t think he’ll ever be an elite guy, but he’s not yet hit his prime. Perhaps he will blossom into a top QB.
If you find a top 10 QB. That is pretty much the question here. Some stats support that he is. The 0-8 stat says he is not. He has had the top line in football most of his career. He has had one of the best RB's, and has not played that well without him. His TE has been top tier. And his WR's have not been all that bad either. Yet there are still question marks.

Me. I wouldn't pay the man.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:12 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
If you find a top 10 QB. That is pretty much the question here. Some stats support that he is. The 0-8 stat says he is not. He has had the top line in football most of his career. He has had one of the best RB's, and has not played that well without him. His TE has been top tier. And his WR's have not been all that bad either. Yet there are still question marks.

Me. I wouldn't pay the man.
I think it'd be a bit hard to argue that he's not top 12 at the very least. Factoring in age, durability, etc. he's one of the best "pay him" prospects in the league.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:35 PM 05-21-2020
You're committing to 5 years of "just not good enough". Terrible decision to pay him.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:39 PM 05-21-2020
Dak is passing up a great contract for what? He's Alex Smith with a talented team... IMHO he's consistently underperformed the last few years
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:42 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
If you find a top 10 QB you pretty much have to pay them. It sucks but it’s the market these days.

I don’t think he’ll ever be an elite guy, but he’s not yet hit his prime. Perhaps he will blossom into a top QB.
No you don't. Tell Dak to stuff it and when he again underperforms, draft another QB and let Dalton be the bridge
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:09 PM 05-21-2020
Dak Prescott has played four seasons with a stacked roster.

Dak Prescott, in those four seasons with a stacked roster, has won as many playoff games as Patrick Mahomes has lost in his career.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:23 AM 05-22-2020
Dallas needs to move on, Dak isn't worth that much.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:55 AM 05-22-2020
Can Dallas trade Dak right now and try to make this a "Trade For Trevor" year?

It probably won't work though. Andy Dalton will win some games with that roster so they won't be close enough to Trade-up for Trevor.
[Reply]
PurpleRiders51 01:31 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Some could argue to put Ryan there too.

I just don’t see that money for the 7th or 8th best QB. A healthy Big Ben May even be as valuable.
Stafford & maybe Murray as well. that puts him at 9 or 10. If Big Ben is close to old form he's better than Dak as well.
[Reply]
-King- 03:12 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
If I were a GM...this is a statistic I would give a lot of weight to.

If you are going to pay a player elite money...they would have to have elite traits. The ability to rally your team is one of those...

Same reason I wouldn't sign Matt Stafford...he's like 9-45 against teams with winning records.

You either have this or you dont...Alex Smith was the same. If you were down 2 scores in the 4th...there was like a 10% chance he would lead a comeback.

Dak had 8 chances to lead his team back...and it didn't happen once. Mahomes did it in three consecutive post season games...
So you're going to blame him for the NFL not rigging games in his favor? Wow.
[Reply]
TEX 03:25 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Dallas needs to move on, Dak isn't worth that much.
Yep.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:16 AM 05-22-2020
Absolutely unbelievable. He REALLY thinks he is worth even that much? He better get while the getting is good. :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:31 AM 05-22-2020
They should just move on. Prescott isn't worth anywhere near that.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:36 AM 05-22-2020
when was the last time Dallas had a playoff win?

...are they the new Chiefs circa 1993 - 2016 etc.
[Reply]
scho63 06:38 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I couldn't care less about Dak, the Cowboys or any other NFL player outside of the Chiefs and their roster but goddamn!

The man just turned down $175 MILLION dollars.

Say what you will about his talent level and ability but that takes fucking BALLS.
Or a really stupid agent.....:-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up