ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Media Center>Zack Snyder's Justice League Director's cut will air on HBOMAX
Tribal Warfare 12:38 PM 05-20-2020

�� It's official, The Snyder Cut of #JusticeLeague is coming to HBO Max in 2021. �� pic.twitter.com/1kgcXFMk6D

— Rotten Tomatoes (@RottenTomatoes) May 20, 2020

This is real. #releasethesnydercut@HBOMax pic.twitter.com/Cnvupwg48W

— Zack Snyder (@ZackSnyder) May 20, 2020

[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:47 PM 05-20-2020
Prediction: People will be disappointed.

But at least it'll be in the same style as Snyder's other disappointments in this universe.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:06 PM 05-20-2020
Are they going to spend the money to finish it? Everything I'd read about it was that a cut exists, but it's very unfinished. Like that early version of X-Men Orgins: Wolverine that leaked.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Are they going to spend the money to finish it? Everything I'd read about it was that a cut exists, but it's very unfinished. Like that early version of X-Men Orgins: Wolverine that leaked.
My guess is yes. HBO Max needs content to get people excited. Smart move by WB IMO.
[Reply]
Fish 01:53 PM 05-20-2020
Polish that turd.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:53 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
My guess is yes. HBO Max needs content to get people excited. Smart move by WB IMO.
Game of Thrones fans are now rushing in with a similar idea about Season 8 :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:21 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Prediction: People will be disappointed.

But at least it'll be in the same style as Snyder's other disappointments in this universe.
I was told a long time ago that a Synder Cut didn't exist, as virtually none of the VFX were completed.

Maybe they're using this cut to attract new subscibers to HBO Max but if people sign up just to see this version of the film but find that it's unwatachable and wholly incomplete, the backlash certainly won't have been worth it.

That said, nothing would surprise me because AT&T has basically fumbled everything since acquiring Time-Warner.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:27 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I was told a long time ago that a Synder Cut didn't exist, as virtually none of the VFX were completed.

Maybe they're using this cut to attract new subscibers to HBO Max but if people sign up just to see this version of the film but find that it's unwatachable and wholly incomplete, the backlash certainly won't have been worth it.

That said, nothing would surprise me because AT&T has basically fumbled everything since acquiring Time-Warner.
HBO Max would be far better off doing a half-assed alternative ending of Game of Thrones where Jon and Dany leave King's Landing, where they re-light Episode 3 and have Jon fight and lose against the NK in Ep 3, and split Episode 4 into two episodes. Fans would eat that shit up and it would "salvage" GOT Season 8.

Or not, I guess.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:29 PM 05-20-2020
HBO Max would be far better off doing a half-assed alternative ending of Game of Thrones where Jon and Dany leave King's Landing, where they re-light Episode 3 and have Jon fight and lose against the NK in Ep 3, and split Episode 4 into two episodes. Fans would eat that shit up and it would "salvage" GOT Season 8.

Or not, I guess.
Pretty sure HBO has moved on to the prequels and are pretending that steaming pile of shit of a last GOT season never existed.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:36 PM 05-20-2020

It will probably be a lot like the Donner cut of Superman II with unfinished effects. Yes.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:46 PM 05-20-2020

Or not, I guess.
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Pretty sure HBO has moved on to the prequels and are pretending that steaming pile of shit of a last GOT season never existed.

Yeah, HBO is done with Weiss & Benioff, so there's no chance of an alternate conclusion.

Seriously, off the top of my head, I can't remember a time when the conclusion of a TV series led to the virtual end of careers, like it has with B&W. I stopped watching around Season 3 but if the ending is anywhere near as foul as the ending to LOST, they deserve the kind of response they've been given by fans of the show.

I swore to never watch anything in which Damon Lindeloff has his mitts on and to day, I've been able to keep that promise. If fans of GoT feel the same way, then B&W are going to have a rough ride ahead.
[Reply]
bowener 03:45 PM 05-20-2020

HBO shelled out $20-30 million to finish his version.

Here is a link to an article. It isn't the original one I saw it in, but it came up first when I googled.

Originally Posted by :
The Snyder Cut won't be released on HBO Max until 2021, so the rabid DC fans will still have quite a bit of waiting before finally being able to see what Zack Snyder had in store for his third blockbuster in the DCEU. As such, fan theories and art will likely circulate, as moviegoers patiently await the release of the movie's long-awaited alternate cut to finally become available. Once $20 - $30 million are used to help complete the unfinished version of Justice League.
My unoriginal prediction: This will be a hot wet puddle of diarrhea.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:54 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Polish that turd.
Heh. Perhaps. The directors cut of Batman vs Superman is better. But not that much better
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:55 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
HBO shelled out $20-30 million to finish his version.
That's pretty weak reporting because there's a huge difference between $20 million and $30 million. But considering the WB VFX have been garbage visually when compared to Marvel or Star Wars, it's not unsurprising that they'd spend so little.

Originally Posted by bowener:
My unoriginal prediction: This will be a hot wet puddle of diarrhea.
I'm not expecting much.

The entire entertainment business has been shut down for the better part of 3 months so far, I'd imagine that WB is moving forward because there will be very little new content available for airing in the next 12-18 months and this will give people a reason to subscribe for a month.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:00 PM 05-20-2020
I swore to never watch anything in which Damon Lindeloff has his mitts on and to day, I've been able to keep that promise.
You're missing out on two of the best shows of the past decade (Leftovers, Watchmen) having taken that position.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up