« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>The Last Dance
KurtCobain 06:57 PM 04-19-2020
I'm pumped up for this. On ESPN.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:20 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Uh no.
You just can't stand the fact that all Michael Jordan needed to do was say something, anything, to the media or to the Jerry's and Pippen would have been better compensated.

JFC, your hero worship is sickening, especially for a 51 year old man.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:23 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Jamie:
That's just not true. It was a different era, players didn't have the same kind of power they have now.

So Jordan, the wealthiest and biggest superstar athlete of any generation to that point, didn't have any power?

:-)

Even Joe Frazier helped out Muhammed Ali financially.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:45 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You just can't stand the fact that all Michael Jordan needed to do was say something, anything, to the media or to the Jerry's and Pippen would have been better compensated.
This is not a fact. This is your opinion.

An opinion with absolutely no basis in fact. The fact is that Krause and Reinsdorf had a long-standing and immutable policy of not renegotiating contacts once they were agreed to. Everyone knew that, not just within the Bulls organization, but the entire NBA as well.

As for your last, I won't deign to make this personal with you. Read any post/thread I've ever written about any player and the results are boringly consistent. I never defend or support any player blindly. Just as I've never been completely negative about a player. I've always been as realistic as possible about every player or coach. Well, except Billy O., who I think is an idiot.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:53 PM 05-12-2020
Jordan's job was not philanthropy, it was sports excellence.
[Reply]
Jamie 07:28 PM 05-12-2020
So Jordan, the wealthiest and biggest superstar athlete of any generation to that point, didn't have any power?

:-)

Even Joe Frazier helped out Muhammed Ali financially.
So a strawman my argument based off of one line and ignore the supporting points in the rest of the post? Cool.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:28 PM 05-12-2020
You're missing the point. Michael Jordan doesn't and didn't give a shit about anyone else but him. Not his teammates. Not his wife. Not anyone.

He was a narcissistic asshole, plain and simple. No one else mattered.
Said it for years, Jordan was lucky he was in the era of the highlight. In the era of social media he would have been destroyed.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:30 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This is not a fact. This is your opinion
The highest paid athlete and most influential athlete in all of the world had zero influence and power in regards to his GM and owner.

Do you realize how absurd that sounds?
[Reply]
Nirvana58 10:51 AM 05-13-2020
The highest paid athlete and most influential athlete in all of the world had zero influence and power in regards to his GM and owner.

Do you realize how absurd that sounds?
Jordan played basketball and didn't get involved and bitch to the media because he was focused on the game. He wasn't trying to be GM like LeBron.

If Jordan had so much power than Phil Jackson would still be the coach after his last season and Jordan would have played another season. Instead the let Phil go and Jordan retired. Players shouldn't get involved in other players contracts. The fact that you call him selfish because of that just sounds like you have an ax to grind.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:09 PM 05-13-2020
MJ was the boss. None of the players on any of those 6 championship teams would have been anywhere near the level of success they achieved without Michael. Including Scotty.
Tough love isn't for everybody but that's the way it is.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:34 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Jordan played basketball and didn't get involved and bitch to the media because he was focused on the game. He wasn't trying to be GM like LeBron.
Because Jordan didn't give a shit about anyone but himself. He quit on a championship team to play AA baseball yet according to this series, the owner continued to pay him his full NBA salary.

He didn't make any true sacrifices, he just did whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted, and didn't lose a penny in the process.

If Jordan had so much power than Phil Jackson would still be the coach after his last season and Jordan would have played another season. Instead the let Phil go and Jordan retired.
There's a big difference between standing up for your coach and standing up for teammates. It's pretty clear that Krause wanted to prove that he didn't need Phil Jackson in order to win championships.

Oops...

Players shouldn't get involved in other players contracts. The fact that you call him selfish because of that just sounds like you have an ax to grind.
I couldn't care less about Jordan and the Bulls. They mean absolutely nothing to me, the same as any NBA team of that era or what preceded it.

If you can't see that Jordan is a selfish, narcissistic asshole, that's on you.
[Reply]
007 07:07 PM 05-14-2020
I'm loving reliving all those moments. What a great team to watch.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:17 PM 05-20-2020
ESPN is playing the Game 6 right now. I forgot how shitty a play by play announcer that Bob Costas was. It sucks Marv Albert got busted for sexual assault. Costas is a pompous ass wipe.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:51 AM 05-21-2020
Not one No Tippn' Pippen reference. That's probably why that pizza got fucked with.
[Reply]
neech 03:03 PM 05-21-2020
The title "last dance" sounds like the name of one of those teen movies, I could've came up with something better, just saying.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:07 PM 05-22-2020
Finished "Last Dance" just now. Great stuff. One of the few shows I know I'm going to re-watch in the near future. And how I miss '90s basketball.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up