Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>The Last Dance
KurtCobain 06:57 PM 04-19-2020
I'm pumped up for this. On ESPN.
[Reply]
crispystl 05:36 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
just watched the first two episodes. Great stuff. Most of the Krause issues we knew about on some level, but to actually see it is another thing.

Another interesting item is just how similar MJ's beginnings are to Mahomes' now. Did anyone else notice the paper headline "A Star is Born"? And how a lot of the language that players used to describe MJ vs. how players talk about Pat now?

Can't wait for the next episode.
I definitely noticed a parallel with that, but it also really makes you appreciate Mahomes even more for not acting like a douche bag.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:05 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by crispystl420:
I definitely noticed a parallel with that, but it also really makes you appreciate Mahomes even more for not acting like a douche bag.
It's nice and I am grateful that Mahomes is as personable and polite as he is, but if he were cockier and had a more evident mean streak, as long as he still played at the level he plays at, i wouldn't really care.

MJ wasn't like Allen Iverson or Rodman or whoever. Yeah, he had a mean streak, but he wasn't a douchebag, IMO. He was extremely competitive, but so what? He won six championships in 10 years. And should've won 8 in 12. To be a winner at that level you're going to have personality quirks.

Put it to you another way: would you rather Mahomes be nicer and only win 2 SBs, or more of a 'douchebag' and win 6?
[Reply]
lewdog 06:57 PM 04-21-2020
I just have Hulu, not Hulu live. Can I watch it on there?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:27 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
I'd like to hear the real story about playing baseball. No ****ing way he just up and left basketball to play minor league baseball.
not happening

Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
MJ had final say over content/editing, so anything in there he approved of.
this is Jordan’s highly edited view of what happened. Not a traditional neutral observer documentary.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:03 AM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mulliganman:
I respectfully disagree about getting destroyed. Most wouldn’t care because of his greatness on the court. And for those who did he’d send a definitive F.U. by raising his game to another level.
Absolutely. Everyone knows exactly what MJ was and understands that is why he was able to will himself and his team to greatness.

Two episodes in and loving it. These were the glory days of the NBA and it's so fun to relive it. It was all downhill after this era unfortunately.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:06 AM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I just have Hulu, not Hulu live. Can I watch it on there?
Apparently not.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...the-last-dance
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:46 PM 04-26-2020
Phil goes on to win what, 5 more titles after being dumped by Krause, who doesn't win another?

Good call, Reinsdorf.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:33 PM 04-26-2020
"Don't call it an equal opportunity offense. It was fucking bullshit."

:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:21 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
not happening

this is Jordan’s highly edited view of what happened. Not a traditional neutral observer documentary.
Actually from what I've seen so far, it's not just MJ's view of what happened. We're getting multiple perspectives, from some of his teammates, Phil, even Krause and Reisendorf.

It's actually a great watch so far.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:58 AM 04-27-2020
Jordan sounds like he still hates Isaiah Thomas.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:16 AM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It's just not the way that Detroit played him. He also blames Thomas for freezing him out of the All-Star game when he was a rookie. One of Jordan's conditions for playing on the original Dream Team was that Thomas not be on the team. He legitimately hates that guy.

And to be honest, with what Isiah has done at every stop of his post-playing career, I can see why.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:40 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Thomas is a little **** and it's natural MJ would hate the bitch. I'm a lifelong Iowa Hawk fan and was in 8th grade or so when Isaiah was at Indiana back in '81. Everyone in the B10 hated the punk and he continued to act like a twink into the NBA and afterward.

Here is a blurb from the SI vault:

Some people in the conference feel that Knight has made other accommodations for his sophomore star. For instance, when Thomas slapped Purdue Guard Roosevelt Barnes in retaliation for Barnes' slapping him, Knight called a press conference for the express purpose of clearing Isiah's name. Nineteen days later, when Thomas was ejected from a game at Iowa for slapping 6'10" Center Steve Krafcisin with the back of his hand.
[Reply]
sedated 02:17 PM 04-27-2020
MJ sure does like to use the F word
[Reply]
KurtCobain 03:31 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Actually from what I've seen so far, it's not just MJ's view of what happened. We're getting multiple perspectives, from some of his teammates, Phil, even Krause and Reisendorf.

It's actually a great watch so far.
Yeah, it's not really what I expected going in but it's been a pretty good ride so far.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:51 PM 04-27-2020
Loving this for sure. I watched the bulls all the time on WGN and was a big fan.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up