ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Media Center>Iconic movie scenes....
Ubeja Vontell 02:16 PM 04-06-2020
....we all have our favorites, one of mine...

That got me searching out a book on Doc Holliday, what an interesting guy he was.

https://www.google.com/books/edition...sec=frontcover
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:30 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Here ya go, yep, good one!

PM me if ya want to learn the embedding thing it's really simple, hell....I can do it....finally!!!!!!
Thanks man! I may take you up on that
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 09:35 PM 04-08-2020

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:05 PM 04-08-2020
This didn't hold up as well as it seemed in my head, but nonetheless it is a pretty compelling scene.

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:08 PM 04-08-2020

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:11 PM 04-08-2020

You think you can steal from us and get away with it?

Yeah.

:-)
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 10:37 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Thanks man! I may take you up on that
No problem, tell ya what......

Go find a video you like.

See down below....SHARE....click that, ok look on the right see....embed....click that, now look way over to the bottom right, see COPY click that.

There ya go:-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:02 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Epic scene
[Reply]
Frazod 11:42 PM 04-08-2020
This is one of my favorite shootout scenes. From the 1980 movie Long Riders.

This movie seems to have dropped off into obscurity, which is a shame. It's about the James/Younger gang, and all the actors playing the various brothers are brothers in real life. Starring the Keaches, the Caradines, the Quaids and the Guests. One of my favorite westerns.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:45 PM 04-08-2020
Any scene from Blazing Saddles Young Frankenstein Spaceballs & any other Mel Brooks movies can think of.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:09 AM 04-09-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm not sure what alternate universe I grew up in, but in said universe they showed us that movie at school when I was in 4th or 5th grade. I cannot imagine kids seeing that in elementary school these days. I remember thinking "woah" and then not watching it again until my mid 20s because it was just damn heavy. I figured I'd see if time changed it or me.

Nooooope. Still as incredible and gut-wrenching as I remembered it being.

Just the damn soundtrack will get to you.

I'm all about recognizing its greatness but that movie's just a rough one.

Not as gut wrenching as Glory, I'm sure, but we were shown Shenandoah in sixth grade.I should mention that this was in Virginia where I was born. Among the many impactful scenes from that movie I also remember glancing back at the projector and seeing my teacher holding her head in her hands with tears streaming down her face. Give it a try if you haven't seen it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:27 AM 04-09-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:

Was gonna name my boy Jefferson because of this movie (but had Twins and my wife wanted to match first initials; older daughter already started with a J, so do I, so we'd have had 4 'J' names in the house and it would've seemed like we did it on purpose so I had to audible). Just a phenomenal movie.

It also sent me on a bit of a "watch anything with Claude Rains in it" streak; he really turns that sort of paternalistic charm up to 11 in "Here Comes Mr. Jordan". One of the most criminally underrated actors from Hollywood's Golden Age. No idea why he stays under the radar; probably because he was mostly a career supporting actor. But it's hard to say anyone did it better.

Love that 'you've had your six' clip as well. First time I watched Dr. No was a bit after I'd seen pretty much all the rest of them and seeing Bond just flat murder someone in cold blood like that was jarring.

Favorite Bond scene:

This scene just kills me every time, especially within the context of the symbolism all throughout the movie. Ultimately there's Skyfall and then there's every other Bond movie (some truly very good ones included) far behind it. I've seen the movie over a dozen times and every time there are a handful of moments throughout it where I just say "goddamn this movie is incredible"
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 08:47 AM 04-09-2020
A couple favorites from The Departed-

SPOILER ALERT- in case you haven's seen the movie

[Reply]
Dallas Chief 09:06 AM 04-09-2020
One of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. If you haven't seen it, you should. Then watch it again. And Again. And Again.

"That's a nice shirt, do they make it for men?":-)

[Reply]
Frazod 12:13 PM 04-09-2020
And then there's this gem from 1917. Still can't believe it didn't win best picture. :-)

[Reply]
Dartgod 12:38 PM 04-09-2020

[Reply]
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up