ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>Iconic movie scenes....
Ubeja Vontell 02:16 PM 04-06-2020
....we all have our favorites, one of mine...

That got me searching out a book on Doc Holliday, what an interesting guy he was.

https://www.google.com/books/edition...sec=frontcover
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:30 PM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
How great is Roscoe Lee Brown in that movie?

I need to stop lest I just flood this thread with moments from John Wayne movies.
He was phenomenal.

And I will shamelessly flood this thread with The Duke. He is unquestionably my favorite actor. I am an unabashed John Wayne fan boi. And right about now I think we could all use a bit more John Wayne in our lives.

"The hell there ain't!"

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:33 PM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
He was phenomenal.

And I will shamelessly flood this thread with The Duke. He is unquestionably my favorite actor. I am an unabashed John Wayne fan boi. And right about now I think we could all use a bit more John Wayne in our lives.
Good luck finding them on streaming services.

I downloaded some hot garbage app called 'Tubi' so I could find a few seasons of QI and the it had Big Jake and Red River (colorized, so...y'know...worse). True Grit is on Netflix.

But it's 'bout damn near impossible to find a decent John Wayne catalog right now.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:34 PM 04-07-2020
From some of my all time favorites (Casablanca was already done):

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:36 PM 04-07-2020
Glory is a movie that I absolutely love and absolutely cannot re-watch.

Seen it beginning to end twice and it's just an incredible film. And I have no desire to watch it again; just a heart-breaker all around.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:43 PM 04-07-2020
Glory is a movie that I absolutely love and absolutely cannot re-watch.

Seen it beginning to end twice and it's just an incredible film. And I have no desire to watch it again; just a heart-breaker all around.
Glory is my No. 2 favorite movie of all time, right behind Casablanca. That ending.... fuck. I've never seen another movie in the theater that absolutely blew me away like that. I remember walking out to the car in a daze.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:43 PM 04-07-2020

[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:45 PM 04-07-2020

[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:49 PM 04-07-2020
Good luck finding them on streaming services.

I downloaded some hot garbage app called 'Tubi' so I could find a few seasons of QI and the it had Big Jake and Red River (colorized, so...y'know...worse). True Grit is on Netflix.

But it's 'bout damn near impossible to find a decent John Wayne catalog right now.
Oh I know. Thankfully I have an OK collection on DVD that gets revisited on a fairly regular basis. I check the stream services every so often to see if any thing new has been added. Prime actually has quite a few currently, though they are mostly from his B collection. I rewatched The Fighting Kentuckian a few nights back which I haven't seen in years. And they have just recently added Sands of Iwo Jima which, along with a couple of others, has disappeared from my collection over the years.

I really need to go back to building that collection with some blu-rays so I do not have to rely on streaming services.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:50 PM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Glory is my No. 2 favorite movie of all time, right behind Casablanca. That ending.... fuck. I've never seen another movie in the theater that absolutely blew me away like that. I remember walking out to the car in a daze.
I'm not sure what alternate universe I grew up in, but in said universe they showed us that movie at school when I was in 4th or 5th grade. I cannot imagine kids seeing that in elementary school these days. I remember thinking "woah" and then not watching it again until my mid 20s because it was just damn heavy. I figured I'd see if time changed it or me.

Nooooope. Still as incredible and gut-wrenching as I remembered it being.

Just the damn soundtrack will get to you.

I'm all about recognizing its greatness but that movie's just a rough one.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:51 PM 04-07-2020

:-)

:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:53 PM 04-07-2020
A few more:

[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:54 PM 04-07-2020

[Reply]
Easy 6 02:56 PM 04-07-2020
And then came the apex of the entire western genre.

Every trick, every character quirk, every lesson learned from 50 years of making cowboy movies and Eastwood just boils them down into the perfect !@#$ing western.

I'm not sure it's my favorite scene, but it's probably the most iconic. I think the 'hell of a thing, killing a man...' moment probably is.

Watching Will slowly start slugging from the bottle as she goes into what happened. The cinematography as she rides up and how Eastwood plays that slow burn. Fuuuuuuuck this is a good movie.
Best outlaw/western movie of all time, I lost track of how many times I’ve watched it a looong time ago
[Reply]
Frazod 02:58 PM 04-07-2020
I'm not sure what alternate universe I grew up in, but in said universe they showed us that movie at school when I was in 4th or 5th grade. I cannot imagine kids seeing that in elementary school these days. I remember thinking "woah" and then not watching it again until my mid 20s because it was just damn heavy. I figured I'd see if time changed it or me.

Nooooope. Still as incredible and gut-wrenching as I remembered it being.

Just the damn soundtrack will get to you.

I'm all about recognizing its greatness but that movie's just a rough one.
4th or 5th grade? Damn. I can see why it fucked you up so much. It messed me up and I would have been 24 when it came out.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:58 PM 04-07-2020

[Reply]
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up