ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 153
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:12 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've heard rumors about a 3rd Star Wars TV series for the last year and had heard her name bandied around. The premise is supposedly "female-centric" and set either in a different era or "alternate timeline".
Jesus Christ. ANOTHER ONE?

Jyn, Rey, Rose, Holdo.

When is Disney going to learn their try-hard femme fatales are all fucking awful and mostly the worst part of the shit they make?

Star Wars is a boys fantasy, let it be that. You can still have good female characters.

Sheer idiocy.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:25 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Jyn, Rey, Rose, Holdo.

When is Disney going to learn their try-hard femme fatales are all fucking awful and mostly the worst part of the shit they make?

Star Wars is a boys fantasy, let it be that. You can still have good female characters.

Sheer idiocy.
While I have no problem with strong female characters set in the SW universe (Leia was a badass ass kicker when she wanted to be all the way back in 1977, and Gina Carano's character is just fine in the Mandalorian), I agree wholeheartedly with this.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:37 AM 04-25-2020

Jyn, Rey, Rose, Holdo.

Sheer idiocy.
Meh. Write a good story and I’m in. The characters you listed fell victim to bad stories
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:51 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Meh. Write a good story and I’m in. The characters you listed fell victim to bad stories
They were also shitty characters, for the most part.

Rogue One succeeded despite Felicity Jones.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:43 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Unfortunately, it appears Lucasfilm has an agenda in regards to this series.

And while smaller movies with agendas can have some success with their target audience, it's much more difficult to obtain a wide appeal.

I think it would have been a far more appealing press statement had they just announced the untitled series and showrunner, rather than blatantly indicating that it's "female-centric".
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:21 PM 05-08-2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:41 PM 05-08-2020
The Mandalorian documentary series Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian is freaking awesome, IMO.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:39 PM 05-08-2020
Are they still doing filming for season two or do they pretty much have a product to put out already? I just don't want to have to put up with a Better Call Saul wait time for the next one.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:21 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Are they still doing filming for season two or do they pretty much have a product to put out already? I just don't want to have to put up with a Better Call Saul wait time for the next one.
Season Two wrapped filming late last year and they’re currently in Post.

Endgame had around 2,000 VFX shots.

Season 2 of The Mandalorian has more than 4,000.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:41 PM 05-08-2020

:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:15 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Fake news.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:32 AM 05-09-2020
Fake news.
Morrison may have been hired for Season 2 but my money is on him playing Rex, not Boba Fett.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:37 AM 05-09-2020

Jeeeez. At least the filming is done though.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:17 AM 05-09-2020
I haven't heard anything yet about a delay. Still talking like it's out in October.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:58 PM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I haven't heard anything yet about a delay. Still talking like it's out in October.
All of the filming was finished last year.

The Post Production team has been working from home since early March and while it's slower than it would be if they were onsite, the series will start on time in early October.

Pre-Production for Season 3 began last year as well, although filming has not begun as of yet.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 153
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up