ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 228
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
nstygma 02:09 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It was well made, and I LOVED The Descendants
Haole was mentioned in the movie a few times, did you understand any of that?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:53 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by nstygma:
Haole was mentioned in the movie a few times, did you understand any of that?
It's about caucasians coming there and still being foreigners, culturally.

I think that have something similar in their language for Blacks and Asians, even foreign food and livestock.
[Reply]
-King- 08:10 AM 01-27-2014
Watched 2 guns. Pretty dumb movie.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ragedogg69 10:09 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
Watched 2 guns. Pretty dumb movie.
Posted via Mobile Device
I thought it was dumb fun.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:27 AM 01-27-2014
This is going to sound strange, but Snow White and the Huntsman was actually pretty decent. Enjoyed it more than I thought I might.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:07 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
This is going to sound strange, but Snow White and the Huntsman was actually pretty decent. Enjoyed it more than I thought I might.
I had high hopes after watching the trailer and was disappointed. If I had gone in with lower expectations, it might have helped.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:11 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I had high hopes after watching the trailer and was disappointed. If I had gone in with lower expectations, it might have helped.
Maybe that was it. I didn't know what to expect, and ended up enjoying it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:27 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
This is going to sound strange, but Snow White and the Huntsman was actually pretty decent. Enjoyed it more than I thought I might.
I'd have enjoyed it FAR more if Kristen Stewart wasn't the lead. Christ she's terrible. I ranted about it in the thread about it and caught some flack about not expecting it because she did pretty much the same thing in the twilight flicks. I then had to retaliate by stacking shit on them for actually watching twilight.

Anyway, I thought Hemsworth and Theron killed it. Production was good. I liked the story. Everything was excellent. Except Stewart. She is so so so shitty.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:31 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'd have enjoyed it FAR more if Kristen Stewart wasn't the lead. Christ she's terrible. I ranted about it in the thread about it and caught some flack about not expecting it because she did pretty much the same thing in the twilight flicks. I then had to retaliate by stacking shit on them for actually watching twilight.

Anyway, I thought Hemsworth and Theron killed it. Production was good. I liked the story. Everything was excellent. Except Stewart. She is so so so shitty.
I'll give you that - I am definitely not a fan of her acting. And that she went from mouth breathing scaredy cat to Joan of Arc in the drop of a hat had me and my daughter both chuckling. Agree with all else. The scenes were top notch. They did a great job bringing the story to "real life".
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 12:55 PM 01-27-2014
Went and saw Nebraska. Nice little Indy comedy in black and white. It had its moments but I'd wait until it came out on netflix.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:24 PM 01-27-2014
Lone Survivor was pretty good. Very intense and a lot of action.
[Reply]
-King- 02:34 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
I thought it was dumb fun.
It was kind of fun, but it was too long and insanely nonsensical.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:59 AM 01-28-2014
Got around to The Fighter finally.


Ho-Lee-Chit.

Bale was great, Marky Mark was great, Amy Adams was great, Melissa Leo was great.

But this had the luck of a great story and great writers and directors to bring it to life.

I think it was actually all the small touches. Amy Adams being hot as fuck, yet a little pot belly [sorry Omaha] to make her human. The little look she gave when Micky stood up for her at the bar and she was like 'OK, worth a shot.' Done a million times and that's the best one ever. Go back and look. How Dicky can legitimately both the life of the party and the bane of everyone's existence. Micky's portrayal of when he was a wall flower and when he was assertive, and why,

And OMG, the way Dickey subtly fades back with a look of love and amazement at his brother at the end as others gather around, then him tearing up about the new pride of Lowell a few seconds later.

And that doesn't even get into the fight mechanics. After watching about 80-100 HBO fights, including a number of Mickey's, that was the most realistic re-enactments I've ever seen in a film.

A big story that gets all the small things right. A Masterpiece.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:29 PM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Got around to The Fighter finally.


Ho-Lee-Chit.

Bale was great, Marky Mark was great, Amy Adams was great, Melissa Leo was great.

But this had the luck of a great story and great writers and directors to bring it to life.

I think it was actually all the small touches. Amy Adams being hot as fuck, yet a little pot belly [sorry Omaha] to make her human. The little look she gave when Micky stood up for her at the bar and she was like 'OK, worth a shot.' Done a million times and that's the best one ever. Go back and look. How Dicky can legitimately both the life of the party and the bane of everyone's existence. Mickey's [sp] portrayal of when he was a wall flower and when he was assertive, and why,

And OMG, the way Dickey subtly fades back with a lot of love and amazement at his brother at the end as others gather around, then him tearing up about the new pride of Lowell a few seconds later.

And that doesn't even get into the fight mechanics. After watching about 80-100 HBO fights, including a number of Mickey's, that was the most realistic re-enactments I've ever seen in a film.

A big story that gets all the small things right. A Masterpiece.
I can't believe you waited so long. Great freaking movie.
[Reply]
Ceej 04:11 PM 01-30-2014
So, V/H/S. WTF?

Am I missing something or was this like a new age Tales From the Hood?
[Reply]
Page 15 of 228
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up