ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 126
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
-King- 04:44 PM 07-20-2013
Heh, this was in I AM LEGEND

[Reply]
-King- 04:45 PM 07-20-2013
Originally Posted by :
The two most iconic DC Comics heroes are officially teaming up for their big screen debut together. On Saturday at Comic-Con, Warner Bros. officially announced a Batman and Superman tentpole.

As sources previously told The Hollywood Reporter, Zack Snyder will be directing the film and Henry Cavill is set to reprise his role as Clark Kent. Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will also return for the film.

“I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter," Snyder said in a statement. "Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world."

The film will be scripted by Man of Steel's David Goyer along with Snyder. Man of Steel producer and Dark Knight trilogy director Christopher Nolan will executive produce along with Emma Thomas, Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

The tentpole is planned for release in 2015.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-batman-589527
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:05 PM 07-20-2013
Facing off"?
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:55 PM 07-20-2013
Maybe i'm in the minority on this, but pairing them up sounds kinda corny.
[Reply]
-King- 05:56 PM 07-20-2013
Might go something like this Minus Robin.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 07:20 PM 07-20-2013
No, no, no. Too soon. Make a Man of Steel 2 then make this. Not a good idea, IMO.
[Reply]
-King- 08:40 PM 07-20-2013
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
No, no, no. Too soon. Make a Man of Steel 2 then make this. Not a good idea, IMO.
For the most part this will be Man of Steel. This will be treated as the sequel except with Batman thrown in a bit.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 08:56 PM 07-20-2013
Originally Posted by pr_capone:
I would watch an Aquaman movie before I spend money on anything Superman related. I have very low expectations for this movie as well as the proposed Justice League movie.
Yet you feel compelled to post in a Superman movie thread.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:15 PM 07-20-2013
Originally Posted by -King-:
For the most part this will be Man of Steel. This will be treated as the sequel except with Batman thrown in a bit.

You've already read the treatment?
[Reply]
Nightfyre 09:17 PM 07-20-2013
This sounds like a terrible idea.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:22 PM 07-20-2013
Sounds like its going to be Superman Vs. Batman. Hmmmm

http://badassdigest.com/2013/07/20/s...oming-in-2015/

“"I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

That line, one of the best moments in Frank Miller’s seminal, genre-changing The Dark Knight Returns, is what Zack Snyder used to announce his next movie: a film that has both Superman and Batman. The film is untitled, is currently dated for summer 2015 and that’s all we know.

Snyder was quick to say that the quote didn’t mean they were adapting TDKR; rather it informs what this movie will be. So expect Batman and Superman to be at odds, and duking it out. We have to assume this is how Kryptonite is introduced into the rebooted Superman movie universe, that Bruce Wayne finds it.

What will the film be called? It can’t be Man of Steel 2. I’d love it if they went old school and called it World’s Finest, but that might be too square for the new, darker Superman.

The other question is who will be Batman? They’re going into production next year according to Warner Bros, so they’re going to have to find their new Batman quite quickly. Will they attempt to tie it into the Nolan films? Is this a Batman reboot? We’ll know more soon.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:50 PM 07-20-2013
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Sounds like its going to be Superman Vs. Batman. Hmmmm

http://badassdigest.com/2013/07/20/s...oming-in-2015/

“"I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

That line, one of the best moments in Frank Miller’s seminal, genre-changing The Dark Knight Returns, is what Zack Snyder used to announce his next movie: a film that has both Superman and Batman. The film is untitled, is currently dated for summer 2015 and that’s all we know.

Snyder was quick to say that the quote didn’t mean they were adapting TDKR; rather it informs what this movie will be. So expect Batman and Superman to be at odds, and duking it out. We have to assume this is how Kryptonite is introduced into the rebooted Superman movie universe, that Bruce Wayne finds it.

What will the film be called? It can’t be Man of Steel 2. I’d love it if they went old school and called it World’s Finest, but that might be too square for the new, darker Superman.

The other question is who will be Batman? They’re going into production next year according to Warner Bros, so they’re going to have to find their new Batman quite quickly. Will they attempt to tie it into the Nolan films? Is this a Batman reboot? We’ll know more soon.
I hope this is solid...really not sure what to think. HUGE batman fan...

I may have to watch the dark knight returns part 1 and 2 that came out recently and re-read the comic, good stuff
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:54 PM 07-20-2013
That sounds retarded. Hopefully it isn't Suppes v batman for the big fight. That would be lame.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:03 PM 07-20-2013
It would mostly be lame because Batman wouldn't stand a goddamn chance.

That's the problem with the way Man of Steel is constructed.

It's a great movie (that's right, it is), but it is such a great, comprehensive tale of who Superman is and how extraordinary his presence on earth is, that you can't really create a villain that has a prayer at competing with him.
[Reply]
007 11:43 PM 07-20-2013

[Reply]
Page 2 of 126
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up