ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 126
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
tk13 08:43 PM 12-18-2013
Lex Luthor?

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/wa...an-1200969925/

Originally Posted by :
After already reaping notice for his performance in “Her,” Joaquin Phoenix could be working with Warner Bros. again on the studio’s biggest property.

Sources tell Variety that the studio wants the Oscar-nominated actor for a role in the upcoming untitled Batman-Superman pic. However, it’s very early in the process and even if Warners offers Phoenix a role, it’s not clear he would accept as the actor has steered clear of big-budget pics in the past few years, leaning towards movies with a more prestige feel.

Phoenix is also weighing an offer on the Gus Van Sant pic “Sea of Trees” and is believed to still be considering that offer as well.

WB and the actor’s reps had no comment.

Though sources couldn’t confirm what the role is, it’s believed to be for the main antagonist, which is likely to be Lex Luthor. Names like Jason Momoa and Callan Mulvey have been linked to the film but even if those actors are cast, sources are saying that they wouldn’t play the main villain, and that Warners has always wanted someone who would be a slam dunk in the role.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:26 PM 12-18-2013
Phoenix could pretty much do anything. Im down with that.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:43 PM 12-18-2013
I know that I'm probably in the minority on this one, but bring back Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor. Honestly, he was the best part of Superman Returns. Kevin Spacey is a badass.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:46 PM 12-18-2013
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I know that I'm probably in the minority on this one, but bring back Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor. Honestly, he was the best part of Superman Returns. Kevin Spacey is a badass.
I'd have no problem with this
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:50 PM 12-18-2013
Wait, so who is Walt White playing?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:51 PM 12-18-2013
Bryan Cranston. Forgot his name for a sec..

I thought I saw or heard about him somewhere in this thread?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:05 PM 12-18-2013
It was rumored awhile back that he may be Lex. Which was false
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:22 PM 01-17-2014
Got bumped to May 2016.

Summer 2015 was getting overcrowded.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/warner-br...n-film-to-2016
[Reply]
Bowser 09:14 PM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Got bumped to May 2016.

Bumped for a Peter Pan movie. Brutal.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:33 PM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
No, that's just what they chose to fill its slot.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:06 PM 01-17-2014
There is also a rumor that Affleck has injured his ribs causing a shooting delay by 6 weeks
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:09 PM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
There is also a rumor that Affleck has injured his ribs causing a shooting delay by 6 weeks
Probably for the best. I don't think they want to compete with Avengers 2.

But now, Marvel will have to decide if they want to move out of the early May spot they have owned for years, or stand fast for an epic battle.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:21 PM 01-17-2014
I agree with you...officially from WB the push back is to improve the story. Either way I really hope they get this movie right
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:47 PM 01-17-2014
Got bumped to May 2016.

Originally Posted by Bowser:

Translation: We got bupkis in terms of a quality script to get this actually filmed in time for post production and editing.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:50 PM 01-17-2014
Probably for the best. I don't think they want to compete with Avengers 2.

But now, Marvel will have to decide if they want to move out of the early May spot they have owned for years, or stand fast for an epic battle.
I imagine they like the early slot and it probably gets a little more publicity for it just because it's sort of the start of summer blockbuster season. (Not that it'd get lost in the media either way )
[Reply]
Page 14 of 126
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up