ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 126
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:19 PM 03-29-2016
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Interesting article from Deadline...looks like BvS will make money when everything is factored in:

http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v...ds-1201726300/
The DVD and rentals are what's going to turn this movie from a loser to a winner.

Although I won't be shocked it it's officially declared a loser by WB's finance department, which is an easy way for them to avoid any escalators and backend profit.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:50 PM 03-29-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The DVD and rentals are what's going to turn this movie from a loser to a winner.

Although I won't be shocked it it's officially declared a loser by WB's finance department, which is an easy way for them to avoid any escalators and backend profit.
I read its been a huge winner so far overseas. Dont you think that will help?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:53 PM 03-29-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I'm still going to see it a 2nd time but this movie should've been epic...I'm hoping something is learned and they use these good actors and give them a better story. Hoping JL is tons better along with Wonder Woman coming up
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:13 PM 03-29-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I'm still going to see it a 2nd time but this movie should've been epic...I'm hoping something is learned and they use these good actors and give them a better story. Hoping JL is tons better along with Wonder Woman coming up
They spent all the time they did on that, and all we really know now is that they need much better directors and much better scripts. It's pretty much a situation where they need to scrap everything except the major actors and actresses (Cavill, Affleck, Lane, Adams are all varying degrees of being good enough, and one can hope that Gadot improves by some factor of 10).

Well, we know that and that they've already played out the overuse of Kryptonite with regards to Superman.
[Reply]
RobBlake 06:31 PM 03-29-2016
the scripts were fine and the acting was great.. just Synder isn't in the elite class.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03-29-2016, 06:33 PM
This message has been deleted by Tribal Warfare.
Tribal Warfare 06:37 PM 03-29-2016
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
They spent all the time they did on that, and all we really know now is that they need much better directors and much better scripts. It's pretty much a situation where they need to scrap everything except the major actors and actresses (Cavill, Affleck, Lane, Adams are all varying degrees of being good enough, and one can hope that Gadot improves by some factor of 10).

Well, we know that and that they've already played out the overuse of Kryptonite with regards to Superman.
WW and The Flash spinoffs bomb, they'll recast the characters
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:38 PM 03-29-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
the scripts were fine and the acting was great.. just Synder isn't in the elite class.
The script was horse shit. That's spoiler territory, though, so I'll just leave it with us disagreeing.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:40 PM 03-29-2016
The script was horse shit. That's spoiler territory, though, so I'll just leave it with us disagreeing.
Tried 4 movies in one...so much going on but not enough character or depth.
[Reply]
RobBlake 06:46 PM 03-29-2016
thats a little harsh in my opinion. Did you happen to see Fantastic Four this past summer? now THAT was horse shit.. i will say trailers ruined some parts.. i think the movie is a solid 8 movie and could move higher depending on what the directors cut provide.

Gal Gadot is SO beautiful and hot.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:52 PM 03-29-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
thats a little harsh in my opinion. Did you happen to see Fantastic Four this past summer? now THAT was horse shit.. i will say trailers ruined some parts.. i think the movie is a solid 8 movie and could move higher depending on what the directors cut provide.

Gal Gadot is SO beautiful and hot.
An 8? I wish....was a fan of say 7 on a 2nd viewing ...i gave it a 6 the first time. Good things in it but bad too. That said jmho

The 2nd trailer should've never been allowed. I'm hoping the DC version helps the flow

FF was flaming dogshit...this was not on that level.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:31 AM 03-30-2016
Originally Posted by -King-:
Spoiler link: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/What-...ce-120907.html

If they tie in the other Justice League movies to this movie the way people are predicting, then this movie will go from a C- to A B+ in my eyes. I've never seen a movie universe set up the way they're setting this up so I don't know if they'll be able to pull it off.
I think I agree with this.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:23 AM 03-30-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It will be more appreciated down the road if that happens and those movies are better
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:40 AM 03-30-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Me too.

Maybe they should have expanded it a 1/2 hour and flushed out the story lines and made it a 2 part movie? Kind of like what Taratino did with Kill Bill.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:48 AM 03-30-2016
They should've just left it at 3 hours. They cut too much. Was why the first act post metropolis battle and the second act were so messy at times. But that's too long for the scatterbrained add post-mtv world so it had to be chopped.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:00 AM 03-30-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
They should've just left it at 3 hours. They cut too much. Was why the first act post metropolis battle and the second act were so messy at times. But that's too long for the scatterbrained add post-mtv world so it had to be chopped.
I'm really hoping that DC is good stuff and not worthless garbage
[Reply]
Page 106 of 126
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116 > Last »
Up