ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 70
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Media Center>Doctor Who
keg in kc 12:57 PM 03-30-2011
Been meaning to start a thread on this for years and never have for some reason. Big fan of both the original (what I've seen/remember of it...) and the rebooted series.

New doctor:

[Reply]
Jawshco 01:05 AM 06-04-2011
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Maybe I'm missing something but can't this be said about every Who episode?
On a related note: I set the Daleks as my phone ringer for my wife. It went off at the bar last night EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! and the woman sitting neXt to me jumped a bit and aske me "what the hell is that?" .
:-) that's hilarious. I'm going to have to find that now. I have the TARDIS noise ringtone, but it isn't loud enough.'
[Reply]
Jawshco 01:14 AM 06-04-2011
Honestly, who will be watching "Almost People" today? I couldn't wait! I watched it last week. BBCA is probably screwing their ratings by having a week's gap. Between what we see and what the Brits see. I doubt most of us are patient enough to wait! At least I'm not! I thought it was a great episode- BTW. There were some odd things that didn't quite work for me, but overall I thought it was a tightly paved adventurous episode with quite a few memorable moments that having me wanting to watch it again.

So will I be watching Almost People again today or Watching the season finale (which one reviewer has already described as the best Smith/Moffat episode to date) "A Good Man goes To War?" Well, you can probably guess...
[Reply]
Mr Luzcious 05:58 AM 06-04-2011
Originally Posted by Jawshco:
Honestly, who will be watching "Almost People" today? I couldn't wait! I watched it last week. BBCA is probably screwing their ratings by having a week's gap. Between what we see and what the Brits see. I doubt most of us are patient enough to wait! At least I'm not! I thought it was a great episode- BTW. There were some odd things that didn't quite work for me, but overall I thought it was a tightly paved adventurous episode with quite a few memorable moments that having me wanting to watch it again.

So will I be watching Almost People again today or Watching the season finale (which one reviewer has already described as the best Smith/Moffat episode to date) "A Good Man goes To War?" Well, you can probably guess...
The end of Almost People totally makes up for any issues I had with the episode.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:33 AM 06-04-2011
It's almost impossible to track the chronology on Netflix.

Really starting to piss me off since the last few Doc'S have done a great job...
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:37 AM 06-04-2011

Yeah, I'll probably be watching them both tonight. I held off on Almost People, but I don't think I can wait a week on the, ah, midseries finale or whatever they're calling it.
[Reply]
Jawshco 01:22 PM 06-04-2011
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Yeah, I'll probably be watching them both tonight. I held off on Almost People, but I don't think I can wait a week on the, ah, midseries finale or whatever they're calling it.
Yeah, that's as good a description as any.

The reviews coming in from my British friends is that this episode is the
Best DW since it's revival in 2006. Ha! Well, IDK if it will be, but that's a lot to live up to. This has definitely been a good season so far. I'll be watching A Good Man Goes To War this evening if all goes well.

The next episode is called Kill Hitler!? WTH.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:32 PM 06-04-2011

[Reply]
Jawshco 03:43 PM 06-04-2011
The relaunch of Doctor Who... I hope this is a joke, because this would be horrible:

http://beasthouse-lm2.blogspot.com/2...on-figure.html
[Reply]
Third Eye 04:24 PM 06-04-2011
The relaunch of Doctor Who... I hope this is a joke, because this would be horrible:

http://beasthouse-lm2.blogspot.com/2...on-figure.html
Pretty clearly a joke.
[Reply]
Jawshco 05:56 PM 06-04-2011
Originally Posted by Rausch:
It's almost impossible to track the chronology on Netflix.

Really starting to piss me off since the last few Doc'S have done a great job...
I wish there was a way to request which movies would be among the streaming and which were rotated out. It would be nice to have a set of different classic DW episodes to watch every so often. I've seen every single one of the streaming DW eps on NetFlix, but it's not nearly enough. I want them to include Talons, Remembrance, Inferno, and some of the other classic episodes. They could cycle out episodes like Horror at Fang Rock and Curse of the Fenric.
[Reply]
Jawshco 05:59 PM 06-04-2011
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Pretty clearly a joke.
I'd hope so. Who ever created that blog spent a lot of time trying to make the Doctor into Batman!
[Reply]
Jawshco 07:42 PM 06-05-2011
Here are my early thoughts on the DW episode: "A Good Man Goes to War." I'll save a full review for next week. While I thought it was pretty good, it was a little overhyped to me and anything would have felt like a let down after some of the comments that I read. That being said, I did enjoy the nods to Star Wars and how Star Wars-esque the episode was. It also answered one huge question this year. So it rates high on the memorability scale, and makes you want to watch the entire season again to figure out how all the peices fit it. However, the pacing felt a bit off and certain parts of it were slightly anticlimatic, but just when you thought it was going the wrong direction something big happened. I liked it, but I'll review it more thoroughly next week or over the break.

And "Let's Kill Hitler!" is the next episode title...What a head scratcher that is.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 08:10 AM 06-07-2011
if i'm the dr. i'd kill amy pond husband and make sweet love to amy.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:37 PM 06-07-2011
Haven't been able to watch the mid-finale yet, but some new who news today: season 7 is official, 14 episodes and Matt Smith will be back.
[Reply]
bevischief 02:47 PM 06-07-2011
A good man goes to war needs to be watched a few times to get it all.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 70
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Up