ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Nzoner's Game Room>Dak turns downs 5 year 175 million deal from Cowboys
Deberg_1990 11:34 AM 05-21-2020

Dak Prescott turned down a 5-year, $175 million contract offer from the #Cowboys according to @CSimmsQB

It would've made him the highest paid QB in history.

Prescott instead is seeking “north of $45M” in the final season of his new deal, reportedly. pic.twitter.com/IBYCVaxVk7

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) May 21, 2020

[Reply]
TribalElder 08:45 PM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Last 3 seasons, Dak's record against winning teams: 6 wins, 17 losses, 25 TD, 25 INT. Yep Dallas. Pay this guy more than Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, and Patrick Mahomes. :-)
but jerruh says dak looks so good sipping that chucky soup on the commercial
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 09:20 PM 06-23-2020
He’ll be a Bear after this season.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:53 PM 06-23-2020
Brady was highest paid QB in the league multiple times throughout his career. He didn't always take discounts. People are demanding Mahomes take a discount on his very first chance at a big contract. Brady didn't take a discount on his first big contract after his rookie deal.

IF Mahomes is willing to go the discount direction, he needs to demand 100% guaranteed money. There has to be compromise from the Chiefs on that front. If Kirk Cousins can get a fully guaranteed deal, then Mahomes should be demanding the same treatment...especially if he's willing to give them a discount on the actual salary.
Im not demanding Mahomes do anything just saying if he goes the 'pay me maximum I can get' route it will hinder Chiefs ability to surround him with talent.

Like you said Brady didn't take huge discounts but considering he is regarded as the GOAT he definitely could have demanded a lot more if he wanted to. I'm just saying there's nothing wrong w signing team friendly deals especially when you consider QBs are not going to spend most of that money in their lifetime. I'm not saying anything drastic but every little bit helps.
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 10:57 PM 06-23-2020
Somebody called me a scumbag because I said Dak was being overly greedy turning down that contract and life tends to have a way of evening things out in the form of karma.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:15 PM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Im not demanding Mahomes do anything just saying if he goes the 'pay me maximum I can get' route it will hinder Chiefs ability to surround him with talent.

Like you said Brady didn't take huge discounts but considering he is regarded as the GOAT he definitely could have demanded a lot more if he wanted to. I'm just saying there's nothing wrong w signing team friendly deals especially when you consider QBs are not going to spend most of that money in their lifetime. I'm not saying anything drastic but every little bit helps.
I won't be shocked if he goes for less than the media expects. Something like $36-38M per year is a pretty huge discount when people think he might be worth $50M per year.

I think Mahomes should be pushing for as much guaranteed money as possible. The annual salary doesn't matter that much if he can get some really strong guaranteed cash. Dak Prescott is dealing with that issue right now. Cowboys offered him $35M per year but I'm guessing it's a lot of fake money that isn't guaranteed.
[Reply]
jallmon 05:42 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:
Somebody called me a scumbag because I said Dak was being overly greedy turning down that contract and life tends to have a way of evening things out in the form of karma.
That "somebody" was probably referring to your name, not your statement on Dakkie-poo. All faiders fans are by definition scumbags. :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:56 AM 06-24-2020
Not true. Players take discounts to play for SB contending teams all the time. They aren't huge discounts but it does happen.

Also, Brady was taking discounts way before he met his wife.

He really wasn’t.

He got extended after the 2001 season and paid at a high level but not elite level. He was still firmly in game managerville at that point. Brady started getting like an elite QB on the deal that started in 2006.

He married Giselle in 2009.

The 2013 deal was the first one you can really call a discount.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:46 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He really wasn’t.

He got extended after the 2001 season and paid at a high level but not elite level. He was still firmly in game managerville at that point. Brady started getting like an elite QB on the deal that started in 2006.

He married Giselle in 2009.

The 2013 deal was the first one you can really call a discount.
Whatever you say man. If you want to think that Eli Manning made more over his career than Brady (mimus the extra years Brady is playing of course) because Brady never gave much of a discount then that's fine. Be my guest.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:46 AM 06-24-2020
Whatever you say man. If you want to think that Eli Manning made more over his career than Brady (mimus the extra years Brady is playing of course) because Brady never gave much of a discount then that's fine. Be my guest.

There’s an easy primary reason for that:

Manning was the first overall pick before the new slot system went into place. He was getting huge money from Day 1.

Eli Manning also has made the most money in NFL history, so he’s actually a pretty bad barometer of how much Discount Brady took.

Brady has been taking discounts since about 2013 for New England. He just wasn’t doing it before he married Gisele, as you suggested.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:49 AM 06-24-2020
Last 3 seasons, Dak's record against winning teams: 6 wins, 17 losses, 25 TD, 25 INT. Yep Dallas. Pay this guy more than Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, and Patrick Mahomes. :-)
Holy fucking shit. That's while he's on an extremely cheap contract. I kind of knew the record against good teams was shaky at best but that's abysmal.
[Reply]
tatorhog 01:09 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by jallmon:
That "somebody" was probably referring to your name, not your statement on Dakkie-poo. All faiders fans are by definition scumbags. :-)
The origination of the word scumbag makes me laugh, and is quite fitting for Raider fans.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:46 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
There’s an easy primary reason for that:

Manning was the first overall pick before the new slot system went into place. He was getting huge money from Day 1.

Eli Manning also has made the most money in NFL history, so he’s actually a pretty bad barometer of how much Discount Brady took.

Brady has been taking discounts since about 2013 for New England. He just wasn’t doing it before he married Gisele, as you suggested.
Wasn't Brady paid more than Peyton around 2009? Speaking of Peyton, he was paid top dollar for many years and had pretty strong contending teams around him. Patrick has shown a higher ceiling than Peyton so far. It is not crazy to think the Chiefs can still be a very strong contender even after Patrick gets paid the big money.

The front office needs to do a good job with the rest of the roster, or the QB salary is irrelevant. 2018 is evidence of this. Mahomes played QB at an insanely high level on a $4M cap hit, and the shitty overpaid defense cost them a trip to the Super Bowl. They made some great moves in 2019 and it paid off in a huge way. But 2018 is evidence that no matter how "cheap" the contract is for Mahomes, he still needs the front office to do a solid job. They had all kinds of cap room in 2018 to surround him with a solid defense, and they completely blew it that year.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Up