ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>iPhone X problem
Buehler445 07:19 PM 05-10-2020
I'm trying to get all the pictures of my iPhone X. It will let me get in there and see all the images and move several and then it will freak out and tell me the device isn't functioning properly. And quits midstream.

I've downloaded Itunes. I've tried 4 different cords, 3 different PCs, restarted everything. I'm at a loss. WTF is happening?
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:53 PM 05-10-2020
Apparently under photos you have to set transfer photos to keep originals. I fucking hate everything ever.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:40 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

I've downloaded Itunes. I've tried 4 different cords, 3 different PCs, restarted everything. I'm at a loss. WTF is happening?
iPhones suck.

Get an Android.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:51 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
iPhones suck.

Get an Android.
Everything sucks. That's the spring I've had.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:59 PM 05-10-2020
Apparently under photos you have to set transfer photos to keep originals. I ****ing hate everything ever.
:-) Laughing with you not at you.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:09 PM 05-10-2020
Get Google photos. It's pretty awesome.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:25 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
That's what the wife did, but all the photos from the rest of my life are on a hard drive. I'll probably put them up there sometime, but I need to get some sort of organization to the thing.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:25 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
X2
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:33 PM 05-10-2020
Google photos is vastly superior to anything ios.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:15 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Google photos is vastly superior to anything ios.
Pissing in the wind is superior to anything IOS in terms of managing photos.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:16 PM 05-11-2020
That's what the wife did, but all the photos from the rest of my life are on a hard drive. I'll probably put them up there sometime, but I need to get some sort of organization to the thing.
You can create limitless albums in google. You can also share those albums with anyone you designate.

One cool feature is that it will recognize faces so if you dump a whole bunch of pics in, it can go through them and sort into albums of each of your kids or whoever. It also works with dogs. It auto-updates them too.

There' a ton of functionality in it and all very easy to use.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:17 PM 05-11-2020
Right on. Thanks Vail.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:23 PM 05-12-2020
So I talked some shit on Apple, and they have their problems for sure, but they deserve some credit. I got everything off, still wouldn't back up, blah blah blah. Did an encrypted backup on a PC at the urging of the wife.

Got the new phone out, opened it up, and it prompted me to wirelessly transfer my other phone to the new one. It scanned some wild picture, and then I had to sit them next to each other for awhile, and sure as shit, it's just like my old phone. Settings, background, apps - even logins for apps. All the same.

Apple did that part right.
[Reply]
Up