ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady received 27 PI calls in 2020
rtmike 11:57 AM 02-17-2021
Chris Simms?
Thannon Tharpe?

Surprised a talking head hasn't questioned this.

When Evans came back to the huddle and says, "dude, they were just" motioning with his arms like hugging you can see Brady looking around lije he's looking for a zebra to talk to about it and then camera cuts away?

He said something the play before about Dee Ford lining up in neutral zone and they called it the next play.

Let them play...until 'someone' starts complaining.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:42 PM 02-17-2021
It took 27 DPI to get the Bucs to 11 wins. Just take away 2 from the Faders game and KC goes undefeated (til the SB)
[Reply]
bowener 10:01 AM 02-22-2021
I can't let this die. I am finding it fascinating, honestly.

I got bored so I decided to compare the last 3 seasons for some QBs. I accounted for Mahomes missing a game last season in which a DPI occurred. The numbers reflect total DPI called, not just accepted.

BLUF: in a 3-year span Rodgers, Mayfield, Cousins, Ryan, Prescott, Rivers, Allen, Wilson, Watson, and Mahomes averaged fewer calls than Tom's 2020 season at just under 28 beneficial calls (9.3 per season). Over that same period, Brady averages 18.3 per season. If you take 2017-2019 for Brady he received 39 beneficial calls. This season is far outside an outlier, and regardless of it being Brady, should be looked into. Obviously, it will not be...

Also, Watson should be pissed.

[HTML Tables were doing weird things so I attached an image if anybody cares]
Attached: BEN DPI TBL.PNG (14.0 KB) 
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:58 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by bowener:

I got bored so I decided to compare the last 3 seasons for some QBs. I accounted for Mahomes missing a game last season in which a DPI occurred. The numbers reflect total DPI called, not just accepted.

BLUF: in a 3-year span Rodgers, Mayfield, Cousins, Ryan, Prescott, Rivers, Allen, Wilson, Watson, and Mahomes averaged fewer calls than Tom's 2020 season at just under 28 beneficial calls (9.3 per season). Over that same period, Brady averages 18.3 per season. If you take 2017-2019 for Brady he received 39 beneficial calls. This season is far outside an outlier, and regardless of it being Brady, should be looked into. Obviously, it will not be...

Great stuff.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:40 PM 02-22-2021

Don't blame Brady, he knows the game, he practices the game within the game, then he plays the game within the game.

When Tom gets 3rd and long, he's playing as much for the caught DPI and for a caught pass, and he practiced those throws, and worked with his WRs to setup getting the call.

It's all good. It's not cheating, it's adapting to an imperfect system.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:17 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Don't blame Brady, he knows the game, he practices the game within the game, then he plays the game within the game.

When Tom gets 3rd and long, he's playing as much for the caught DPI and for a caught pass, and he practiced those throws, and worked with his WRs to setup getting the call.

It's all good. It's not cheating, it's adapting to an imperfect system.
He practices the throws 8 yards out of the receiver’s reach?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:23 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
He practices the throws 8 yards out of the receiver’s reach?
Yeah, that was a bad call. But you know the officials will excuse their call by saying things like:

1) Officiating is though
2) It was a bang-bang play
3) We can't see everything
4) It was a judgement call
5) Tom Brady
6) The contact slowed him down - hard for y'all to see, but we saw it.
7) I had a bad angle to see THAT
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:26 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Yeah, that was a bad call. But you know the officials will excuse their call by saying things like:

1) Officiating is though
2) It was a bang-bang play
3) We can't see everything
4) It was a judgement call
5) Tom Brady
6) The contact slowed him down - hard for y'all to see, but we saw it.
7) I had a bad angle to see THAT
The 2 bullshit PIs at the end of the half is when I went to bed.
[Reply]
notorious 10:06 AM 02-22-2021
These numbers are only PI. What are the defensive holding stats?

Both are devastating on 3rd down.
[Reply]
bowener 12:15 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
These numbers are only PI. What are the defensive holding stats?

Both are devastating on 3rd down.
I looked it up and Tampa had 11 total defensive holding calls, and the Chiefs had 10.

So Tampa had 41 free first down handed to them and the Chiefs had 14.
[Reply]
notorious 12:55 PM 02-22-2021
I looked it up and Tampa had 11 total defensive holding calls, and the Chiefs had 10.

Good lord.

It's comical.
[Reply]
Pants 01:18 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Good lord.

It's comical.
My thoughts as well.

It's absurd.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:37 PM 02-22-2021

So roughly two free drives per game for brady. It's easy to win when you get two more chances than the other guys.
[Reply]
bowener 04:32 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
So roughly two free drives per game for brady. It's easy to win when you get two more chances than the other guys.
Worse.

Originally Posted by :
While DPI did not prove to be as impactful as scoring plays or turnovers by EPA, it did still stand out amongst penalties. DPI was a third of a point higher than any other penalty in terms of EPA and was also the most accepted defensive penalty. On the other side of the ball, offensive pass interference was the most impactful offensive penalty.

DPI also stood out in terms of Net Drive Points. Offenses scored an additional two points per drive on average when DPI was called. This ranked it as the most severe penalty overall, about a quarter of a point higher than the next penalty, all while occurring on the most unique drives among defensive penalties. (Only holding and false start occurred more often overall.)

Another important finding is that offenses can play a role in defensive penalties. There were three routes that stood out in their ability to draw DPI: hitch and go, fade, and go/fly.
It's a cool read. It breaks down DPI by type of route run. I'd scheme the shit out of these routes just to prepare for a close game.

Source.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:11 AM 02-22-2021
The NFL and their REFS LOVE Tom Brady. RIGGED!
[Reply]
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up