ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 35
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patriots released AB
TribalElder 02:13 PM 09-20-2019

The #Patriots have released WR Antonio Brown, as he indicated on Twitter. They have moved on.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 20, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:58 PM 09-20-2019

NFL now can conduct its investigation of Antonio Brown without any time pressure. It's hard to imagine another team would attempt to get in the way of that. So Brown's NFL career is on pause and possibly could even be over.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 20, 2019

[Reply]
ModSocks 02:59 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's awfully strange sitting around treating an entire NFL regular season - with the best QB in football, no less - as a foregone conclusion and a borderline waste of time.

Yet here I am.

Let's just flip a coin, winner gets home field, they 'bye' both teams through for the next 13 weeks and then allow a 2-week 'warmup' period before the Chiefs/Pats face each other at full health and ready to go.

The rest of this is just masturbating. It's like the 14 weeks NFL pundits spent trying to talk themselves into "Drew Brees is the NFL MVP" last year. Look, we know how this is gonna end. Can y'all quit bullshitting yourselves and get to the money shots?
Yup.

My wife asked me, "You nervous about the Ravens game?"

Nahp. Not even a little bit. Win or lose, we're going to the AFCCG. Regular season losses to a red-hot team like the Ravens means nothing anymore.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 02:59 PM 09-20-2019
Next man up....

So how long before the next great WR shows his ass to get released so Bill can pick them up?

Keep your eyes on Tyreek :-)
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:59 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
Your presumptuousness is astounding.

So the Patriots have been in EIGHT straight AFCCGs. I see nothing that suggests they wont' be in their 9th this year, unless there is a weird upset in the playoffs, or key guys get hurt.

Same for the Chiefs tbh. I'll believe in the Ravens after I see alot more of them.

But right now, it's Pats/Chiefs and a yawning chasm between them and whoever #3 is.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:59 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Sure. Keep telling yourself that. I mean, it's totally not the same defense that kept KC from scoring any TDs at all in two different first halves, when no other team did that even once, or the one that held the high flying Rams to 3 points in the Super Bowl.
That’s one way to look at it, I suppose. It’s also the same defense that ALLOWED 31 points in two separate halves to the Chiefs last year. That doesn’t scream elite, sorry.

With AB, your offense would have been extremely dynamic and hard to stop. Without him, it’s more manageable. You guys MAY still be the better team. Time will tell. We’ll see you again in November. And then hopefully again in January.

Looking forward to it.
[Reply]
007 03:01 PM 09-20-2019
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:01 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
That’s one way to look at it, I suppose. It’s also the same defense that ALLOWED 31 points in two separate halves to the Chiefs last year. That doesn’t scream elite, sorry.

With AB, your offense would have been extremely dynamic and hard to stop. Without him, it’s more manageable. You guys MAY still be the better team. Time will tell. We’ll see you again in November. And then hopefully again in January.

Looking forward to it.
Brady's aging noodle arm with be worthless past 15 yds by the playoffs. :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:01 PM 09-20-2019
In 20 years, there will be one hell of an interesting 30 for 30 on this dude.
[Reply]
Amnorix 03:02 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
You drop this so casually as if KC didn’t score almost 80 points between the 2 games.

Who cares when they were scored.

We put up 28 in one fucking quarter Sunday. It didn’t help the Raiders in the end.

What do you want from me? To tell you I'm quaking in my boots over the incredible Chiefs offense?

Yeah, talk to the Rams about 2001. The Patriots about 2007. The Rams last year. The Chiefs last year. And, frankly, Peyton's Colts like EVERY FUCKING YEAR.

I'm smart enough to know that there are three phases to the game, not one, and I've seen ultra-elite offenses brought down to earth in playoff games before.

Not that the Chiefs can't win it all. Of course they can. But so can the Patriots. That's all I'm saying.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:02 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yup.

My wife asked me, "You nervous about the Ravens game?"

Nahp. Not even a little bit. Win or lose, we're going to the AFCCG. Regular season losses to a red-hot team like the Ravens means nothing anymore.
Lose by 17 and all it will do is annoy me because of the number of fuckstain hot take artists who will spend the next 12 weeks trying to convince themselves that Lamar Jackson is some evolutionary Mike Vick and the Ravens are now the team to dethrone the Patriots.

{yawn}

It'll make Colin Cowherd particularly intolerable and other than that won't move the needle. This is gonna be what it's gonna be.

Has anyone seen the 'home field advantage' index? The Chiefs are actually near the bottom of the league - y'know why? It isn't because they're bad at home; we know they aren't. No, it's because they're damn near a full standard deviation better than 2nd place on the road in the recent past. So the conclusion was that homefield doesn't make them any better at all - they're equally awesome wherever they play.

So whatever. Arrowhead would be better so I could be there to watch the changing of the guard. But if it's Foxborough? So be it.

Let's just go do this.
[Reply]
Amnorix 03:04 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
We took your D to the outhouse for a good old thrashing last year. Please, stop posting bullshit.

Which game THAT YOU LOST do you mean? The one in Gillette or the one in your very own house?

You want me to be terrified of a team that the Patriots beat twice last year? Why would I be?

And, frankly, even if you beat us twice last year, why would I be scared? Why should you be scared despite losing twice? These two teams are going to put on a hell of a game twice again this year most likely, and I wouldn't bet a dime on either one of them because who the hell knows who will win.
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:04 PM 09-20-2019
3 teams in less than a year for a star player. That is amazing and I don't think we have ever seen that before.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:04 PM 09-20-2019
So the Patriots have been in EIGHT straight AFCCGs. I see nothing that suggests they wont' be in their 9th this year, unless there is a weird upset in the playoffs, or key guys get hurt.

Same for the Chiefs tbh. I'll believe in the Ravens after I see alot more of them.

But right now, it's Pats/Chiefs and a yawning chasm between them and whoever #3 is.
And this year will be tarnished with RAPE.
[Reply]
cripple creek 03:04 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I derive greater joy from this than I would've trading for Ramsey or Peterson.

This is a glorious day.
true that!
[Reply]
carcosa 03:05 PM 09-20-2019
Sure. Keep telling yourself that. I mean, it's totally not the same defense that kept KC from scoring any TDs at all in two different first halves, when no other team did that even once, or the one that held the high flying Rams to 3 points in the Super Bowl.

Then went out and got Jaime Collins, and has a bunch of young guys who have gotten better.

You're gonna stomp us. I quake in fear for the humiliation my beloved team will suffer before the unstoppable might of the greatest offense in the history of sports, much less football.

Go with that. See you in the AFCCG.
Go fuck yourself
[Reply]
Page 11 of 35
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up