ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 102 of 459
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
SPchief 07:12 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Speaking of Garcia, he was just on the Golf Channel crying about the course in Augusta. What a ****ing pussy.
What about it was he crying about?
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:30 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by SPchief:
What about it was he crying about?
TBH, I'm not sure. They were interviewing players and they asked him what he thought of the course this week.

"I don't really care. They can do whatever they want with it"...

He was just a complete c0cksucker.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:56 PM 04-12-2009
Man, Phil kills me. I love the guy and am always pulling for him but he doesn't make it easy being his fan. :-)

He goes out and plays one of the greatest 9 holes in Masters history, has tons of momentum, and then hits an absolutely terrible shot with a short iron to a pin that he can get to with his slight cut shot. The fact that he wasn't able to make a 4 on that hole really killed the momentum he had built up. Not only that but the eagle putt on 15 was an abomination...if he makes that and only makes a 4 at the 12th than he's in the playoff.

He's going to rue that 9 iron for a long time IMO...along with the terrible bogey at 10 yesterday and the bogey at 11, two more shots he let get away.

Perry just amazed me...dude played 16 holes of great golf and then played 4 holes of completely shit golf. The two iron shots he hit at 18 and 10 during the playoff were terrible, those pins were tailor made for him. His Len Mattiace impersonation at 10 esp. was surprising, what a choke that shot was esp. after Cabrera stepped up and made it look almost too easy right after Perry ducked hooked it to the right of the green.

I love Cabrera, dude has got game and came up BIG TIME in the clutch situations. I'm kinda partial to him, followed him around a practice round at the '05 Masters and got to meet him and shake his hand, he was very nice and courteous...glad to see him win if it wasn't going to be Phil.

And one last thing, is there a more robotic and vanilla player than Chad Campbell? Dude shows ZERO emotion and acted like he was out played a Sunday round at a muni...had me shaking my head. It's the final round of the Masters FFS Mr. Roboto, no wonder you missed that 4 footer.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:04 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Man, Phil kills me. I love the guy and am always pulling for him but he doesn't make it easy being his fan. :-)

He goes out and plays one of the greatest 9 holes in Masters history, has tons of momentum, and then hits an absolutely terrible shot with a short iron to a pin that he can get to with his slight cut shot. The fact that he wasn't able to make a 4 on that hole really killed the momentum he had built up. Not only that but the eagle putt on 15 was an abomination...if he makes that and only makes a 4 at the 12th than he's in the playoff.

He's going to rue that 9 iron for a long time IMO...along with the terrible bogey at 10 yesterday and the bogey at 11, two more shots he let get away.

Perry just amazed me...dude played 16 holes of great golf and then played 4 holes of completely shit golf. The two iron shots he hit at 18 and 10 during the playoff were terrible, those pins were tailor made for him. His Len Mattiace impersonation at 10 esp. was surprising, what a choke that shot was esp. after Cabrera stepped up and made it look almost too easy right after Perry ducked hooked it to the right of the green.

I love Cabrera, dude has got game and came up BIG TIME in the clutch situations. I'm kinda partial to him, followed him around a practice round at the '05 Masters and got to meet him and shake his hand, he was very nice and courteous...glad to see him win if it wasn't going to be Phil.

And one last thing, is there a more robotic and vanilla player than Chad Campbell? Dude shows ZERO emotion and acted like he was out played a Sunday round at a muni...had me shaking my head. It's the final round of the Masters FFS Mr. Roboto, no wonder you missed that 4 footer.
I like this guy. Big golf fan, Phil fan, and he enjoys the Chiefs, rasslin, and perhaps long walks by the beach.

I didn't see the Saturday round, but you are dead on, however, here's where I differ:

Any time you have a forced carry, never try to step off and hit a cut. Always go one club shorter and just nuke the fucker, unless there is no way you can get away with the shot shape. 12 sets up perfect for a lefty draw. He should just aim 15 feet left of the hole and let the shot shape and his trajectory move it close to the hole and kill it dead.

The putts on 15 and 17 were brutal, though. Nevertheless, of any of the guys in contention, he played by far the best. You can't sustain that kind of play for the first 8 holes over 18.

Phil hits his irons a long way. Obliterating a wedge is the play for him there, as the wind was soft today.

Glad the Duck pulled it out. He looks like a good guy to go drinking with.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:23 PM 04-12-2009
I love the fact that the Masters champion hit a s**** in the round in which he won the tournament.
[Reply]
smittysbar 10:25 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I love the fact that the Masters champion hit a s**** in the round in which he won the tournament.
What was even funnier was when he was trying to say it wasn't a shank.......I'd be trying to convince myself that also.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:27 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by smittysbar:
What was even funnier was when he was trying to say it wasn't a s****......I'd be trying to convince myself that also.
Having battled those for extended periods at times in my own golf career, I have a fucking insta-meltdown if I hit one. I just instantly flip out.
[Reply]
smittysbar 10:31 PM 04-12-2009
Having battled those for extended periods at times in my own golf career, I have a fucking insta-meltdown if I hit one. I just instantly flip out.
I get them BAD. Used to be so bad, I could go out and hit a shag bag and never get one in the air.

I have about 1 or 2 every 1 to 2 rounds, I know what I do though now so I don't flip out so bad.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:34 PM 04-12-2009
I get them BAD. Used to be so bad, I could go out and hit a shag bag and never get one in the air.

I have about 1 or 2 every 1 to 2 rounds, I know what I do though now so I don't flip out so bad.
For me, it's all in my right knee and my head. If I don't lose my right knee and don't come out of it, I'll never do it.
[Reply]
smittysbar 10:36 PM 04-12-2009
For me, it's all in my right knee and my head. If I don't lose my right knee and don't come out of it, I'll never do it.
I get to jerking it back with my bottom hand, throwing it wide open and then I don't get it back
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:42 PM 04-12-2009
I get to jerking it back with my bottom hand, throwing it wide open and then I don't get it back
When I first started playing I used to fan the club open really bad, and I'd cut the piss out of the ball. Any more, I almost intentionally keep it shut on the way back. I hit a pretty big draw, though.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:12 PM 04-12-2009

When I was in the my prime junior career, I played in an AJGA qualifier and shot 109. I shanked every single iron shot 7 iron to Sand Wedge. It was pathetic. I would stripe driver. Then shank one ob. Then shank another one. Then run a punch shot up and drain a 50 footer for double. It was even a GOOD 109 because I was putting so well. On the 2nd nine I kind of made due and shot about a 40 or something by just hitting all punch shots with a 5 or 6 iron. Craziest round of golf I've ever played. The next week I had a top 15 finish in the Iowa Golf Association State Championship.
[Reply]
smittysbar 11:53 PM 04-12-2009
When I first started playing I used to fan the club open really bad, and I'd cut the piss out of the ball. Any more, I almost intentionally keep it shut on the way back. I hit a pretty big draw, though.
Yeah pretty common for starters or high handicappers. Being wide open that is. I realize you are either now.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:00 AM 04-13-2009
So, Garcia's comments were: "I don't like it, I don't think it's fair. Even when it's dry you get a lot of mud balls in the middle of the fairway."

Harrington then says, "Honestly I'm baffled. It's a great golf course, very fair, and they were very generous with the course setup this week.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:34 AM 04-13-2009
Look mom, a douchebag!!

[Reply]
Page 102 of 459
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202 > Last »
Up