ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 182 of 207
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186192 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
lewdog 11:55 AM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I've had quite a few good scores lately.
Fuck you!!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:58 AM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Changed numbers. Wife decided to switch carriers so I had to give up a number I'd had since high school. Damn her.
You couldn't port your number? What kind of podunk service do you have?
[Reply]
O.city 12:01 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You couldn't port your number? What kind of podunk service do you have?
Went from ATT to Verizon. Not sure why they couldn't.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:37 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Fuck you!!!!
^Lew's in a bad (:-)) mood... :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 02:20 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
^Lew's in a bad (:-)) mood... :-)
He’s got way more connections than I could dream of.

Jealousy.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:55 PM 12-21-2021
Last weekend, weekend before, whenever it was, I was sitting in my local watering hole and was perusing the bourbon on the shelf. I had seen the Michter’s before but, never really noticed it. This day I did and asked the bartender if it was any good (he appreciates bourbon as well). He kind of shrugged and said it was ok and poured me him and another drinking buddy/regular a shot. After sampling it I decided that it was a little bit better than just ok and picked up a bottle today to take down to Texas for Christmas so Dad and my brothers can try it.

Maybe after I get a little more than a shot deep into a bottle I may not be as impressed with it but, it sure seemed tasty the other day.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:53 PM 12-21-2021
He’s got way more connections than I could dream of.

Jealousy.
Admire, don't "jealous"... Let the love flow...
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:06 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Its always been too expensive for what it is. Screwtop fits it perfectly now price it right as a daily drinker mixer. It's not better than Wild Turkey and barely above Evan Williams Black.

Cask strength is a whole different animal. It showed up in these parts then disappeared though. I hate that about some bourbons, but I suppose that's why it's good.

Same with Stag could find it here in just about any liquor store then the snobs got wind and ruined it for everyone.
I mean, nothing is. :-)

But, seriously, it’s hard to compare the two because they are so totally different; Maker’s is a smoother heated bourbon whereas Turkey is a spicier rye heavy experience.

For a long time those were my two regulars, which one depending on what mood I was in. These days I’m primarily 101 (as a daily drinker) as I just prefer the bolder spicier flavor, not because it’s “better” in terms of quality.

I will occasionally enjoy some Maker’s 46 or Cask Strength.
[Reply]
srvy 09:32 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I mean, nothing is. :-)

But, seriously, it’s hard to compare the two because they are so totally different; Maker’s is a smoother heated bourbon whereas Turkey is a spicier rye heavy experience.

For a long time those were my two regulars, which one depending on what mood I was in. These days I’m primarily 101 (as a daily drinker) as I just prefer the bolder spicier flavor, not because it’s “better” in terms of quality.

I will occasionally enjoy some Maker’s 46 or Cask Strength.
Yeah, this is me also.

I have always been a bit sour on Makers because of their pricing. Put a cork in it and dip it in some rubbery candle wax mystery stuff and jack up the price.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:52 PM 12-22-2021
Bought this a couple weeks ago and it's going to be tough to keep around long... can pick up just a little of the amaro.

[Reply]
lewdog 08:10 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Bought this a couple weeks ago and it's going to be tough to keep around long... can pick up just a little of the amaro.

You’re becoming good at this bourbon thing! That looks fantastic.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:55 PM 12-22-2021
You’re becoming good at this bourbon thing! That looks fantastic.
Heh, they have two others and thinking I'll grab the Dovetail at some point for the port barrel. The Flaviar subscription was great for sampling (Barrell Armida was PPLD though)... I've found several favorites and this one of them!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:00 PM 12-22-2021
We started drinking Blanton's on Derby Day 20 years ago. We can't get it here now because you fuckers are short stopping us. Die in a tire fire you glorious bastards.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:12 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
We started drinking Blanton's on Derby Day 20 years ago. We can't get it here now because you fuckers are short stopping us. Die in a tire fire you glorious bastards.
Do you want mine? It's opened, but good condition. You can't have the bottle though... I'll throw it in a mason jar.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:14 PM 12-24-2021
A little pour of Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel. It's fantastic, all barrel.
[Reply]
Page 182 of 207
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186192 > Last »
Up