ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 153
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:01 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I would too but she looks pretty hefty. Is she always that.. solid looking? :-)
I don’t know and I don’t care.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:11 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I just want to say....I would Gina Carano. The whole thing.
Yes. In for the win. She’s not what she once was but I think that armor and whatever costuming she’s in doesn’t do her any favors.

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's Ludwig Göransson. He's scored both seasons of The Mandalorian and he scored Marvel's Black Panther, in which he created the Wakanda Theme and the Black Panther theme.

I recently did a "Spotlight" interview and one of the questions was "Who are your favorite composers?".

While I listed John Williams and others, I also mentioned that Ludwig is my favorite composer working today because he's breaking new ground with a Synthesizer/Sound Design/Orchestral Hybrid type of scoring that IMO, is absolutely amazing and astonishingly refreshing.

The dude is literally a genius composer.
I agree. But the music at the end when it tried to be triumphant and happy fell flat for me. That dark trooper shit though. That’s throwing 100.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:14 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I would too but she looks pretty hefty. Is she always that.. solid looking? :-)
Nah. Look her up from her MMA days.

I really think a lot of that is the costume. She’s definitely shaped different than a decade ago, but she’s 38.

And as a dude that’s a year and a day younger than her and used to push my body pretty hard, I get it.

EDIT: I get it and I’m down.

But she’d probably beat my ass when we were done because I’m such a pussy.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:24 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yes. In for the win. She’s not what she once was but I think that armor and whatever costuming she’s in doesn’t do her any favors.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:26 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I agree. But the music at the end when it tried to be triumphant and happy fell flat for me. That dark trooper shit though. That’s throwing 100.
I haven’t even listened to the music. :-)

If the story is good, I’m focused on the actors and story, then the next watch I’ll pick up more subtle aspects and VFX, then by the fourth or fifth pass, I’ll listen to the music to see how it fits with all of the other aspects.

The old saying is that “The best score is the score that goes unnoticed”, which I find holds true most of the time.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:01 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Can they just cancel the last 3 movies?

Just make a press release and say "Nah, we didn't mean it."

Put the Mandalorian crew on the job.
Filoni created something in the rebels series called the world between worlds that is canon. It allows for time travel basically. So it could be done, but you're talking about retconning an entire film trilogy. I don't think Disney would agree to it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:50 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I haven’t even listened to the music. :-)

If the story is good, I’m focused on the actors and story, then the next watch I’ll pick up more subtle aspects and VFX, then by the fourth or fifth pass, I’ll listen to the music to see how it fits with all of the other aspects.

The old saying is that “The best score is the score that goes unnoticed”, which I find holds true most of the time.
Right. And it did. But at the end I noticed. Then dudes are in here talking about how good some scenes were, which when I think about it, were. So fuck if I know. I’m one of the least musically inclined fuckleheads to ever live. But that’s my opinion.

I’d have to watch and listen but I think it clashed with Luke’s theme a little too much.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:18 AM 12-19-2020
Great season end. Loved it all. Wonder how boba will take over a mafia.
[Reply]
Jamie 02:53 AM 12-19-2020
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Beef Supreme 05:20 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I just want to say....I would Gina Carano. The whole thing.
Oh hell yes.

Along with Ming-Na Wen, who is ridiculously good looking, then you remember that she is also 58 years old and

[Reply]
notorious 06:19 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Oh hell yes.

Along with Ming-Na Wen, who is ridiculously good looking, then you remember that she is also 58 years old and

Holy shit, 58?!

She looks amazing for any age!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:38 AM 12-19-2020
Ming Na-Wen is the best example case for why you want an Asian wife that I’ve seen yet.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:26 AM 12-19-2020
Oh hell yes.

GTFO I had no idea she was that old. Well done me lady! :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:46 AM 12-19-2020
So, fellow Star Wars EU "Legends" nerds...

What "legends" EU characters do we hope get introduced?

Let's list some notable ones:

Mara Jade - As a Zahn creation, she starts from a strong place. Her later story arcs and partnership with Luke obviously would need to be changed, but the core character is interesting and, if cast well, could be really dynamic and fun (you just have to take her end story in a different direction).

Gilad Pellaeon - Sticking with the Thrawn theme, he was someone that really made the Empire more interesting and deep for me in the EU. Also noticeably BA in his own right after years of work and training with Thrawn.

Quinlan Vos - One of the cooler End-of-the-Republic Jedi, he's technically in-canon already. He's complex and nuanced and would fit well in something set between the rise of the Empire and the original trilogy, and his psychometry ability could offer the opportunity for some really interesting narratives.

Corran Horn - You could have a lot of fun with a Force-using fighter pilot and fit him into a LOT of stories.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:17 AM 12-19-2020
Oh hell yes.

What? Wow.

That’s amazing.

She moves pretty well too.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 153
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145 > Last »
Up