ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 173
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:45 PM 06-28-2016
Rest up dude.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:11 PM 06-28-2016
One of my female friends made my pain levels soar today. She asked how I was sleeping and I said, and I quote, "I generally readjust one hour per day, so I am almost back on Kansas time." What does that have to do with sleeping, she asked. Everything, I replied. Since I was used to being 7 hours ahead, my body tells me at 3 am that it is time for breakfast and has been for a while. When it's noon here, I feel like I should have had dinner by now.

Ok, I get that, but what does reading just one hour do? "I didn't say anything about reading!" Yes, you did. "Ok... I will spell it slowly for you readddjjjjjussssst." Right, you read just one hour. "NO, I DON'T READ ANYTHING! Why are you trying to kill me here, woman? Readjust is one word, not two!" I'm not a moron and I can read. "Well, I told you I didn't say anything about reading so why won't you believe me?" Well, I have a cursive font on messenger, so it looked like two words. "Then change it or you will be reading my obituary in cursive!!" :-)

I don't even want to read the sports page now. :-)
[Reply]
Meatloaf 02:13 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
One of my female friends made my pain levels soar today. She asked how I was sleeping and I said, and I quote, "I generally readjust one hour per day, so I am almost back on Kansas time." What does that have to do with sleeping, she asked. Everything, I replied. Since I was used to being 7 hours ahead, my body tells me at 3 am that it is time for breakfast and has been for a while. When it's noon here, I feel like I should have had dinner by now.

Ok, I get that, but what does reading just one hour do? "I didn't say anything about reading!" Yes, you did. "Ok... I will spell it slowly for you readddjjjjjussssst." Right, you read just one hour. "NO, I DON'T READ ANYTHING! Why are you trying to kill me here, woman? Readjust is one word, not two!" I'm not a moron and I can read. "Well, I told you I didn't say anything about reading so why won't you believe me?" Well, I have a cursive font on messenger, so it looked like two words. "Then change it or you will be reading my obituary in cursive!!" :-)

I don't even want to read the sports page now. :-)
Welcome back!!!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:15 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
Welcome back!!!
I should have stayed longer!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 04:56 AM 06-30-2016
I got my test results back on MyChart, but aside from a bunch of numbers, it doesn't say what is making me feel sick. I was alarmed by the reading they got in my lactate dehydrogenase. It's supposed to be 100-210, and mine had been in the mid 250s earlier this year, but now it was 463. I googled it and that usually indicates tissue damage of some sort and some cancers can cause the high numbers. So, in either case, that doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:55 AM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I got my test results back on MyChart, but aside from a bunch of numbers, it doesn't say what is making me feel sick. I was alarmed by the reading they got in my lactate dehydrogenase. It's supposed to be 100-210, and mine had been in the mid 250s earlier this year, but now it was 463. I googled it and that usually indicates tissue damage of some sort and some cancers can cause the high numbers. So, in either case, that doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.
You're speaking Chinese to me, thankfully, but I shall continue to pray for your recovery.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:36 AM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
You're speaking Chinese to me, thankfully, but I shall continue to pray for your recovery.
I am surprised I can spell it. I got an email from the nurse and they can't find a source of infection, so that could be the cancer running wild which is causing the spike in the LDH. I might have a CT scan before my doctor's appointment on the 6th. It would have been better if it was an infection. This could be bad in an already bad situation.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:49 AM 07-06-2016
I didn't get very good news today at the doc. My CEA has soared again, now up to 277. He also heard "crackling" in my lungs. Since my genes showed no abnormalities, I am not a candidate for the immunotherapy clinical trial, which it seemed to me might have been my one shot at ridding myself of cancer. I go in for a CT scan Monday and back to the doc on Wednesday. What is next for me is still up in the air.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 01:47 PM 07-06-2016
Praying for the best. Stay optimistic dude.
[Reply]
srvy 04:29 PM 07-06-2016
Praying hard for you Ed and as always wishing for a good result in your CT scan. Maybe the crackling in your lungs is picked up bronchitis from trip or allergy.
I had that last winter I would lay down and the gurgling and crackling would keep me awake with my breathing. Took 6 months for me to rid that stuff. Every now and then I still here to this day. Doc say x-rays look fine just congestion from allergy so albuterhol and Flonase with heavy round of anti biotic. The wet weather and being cooler may have caught you a bug. Keep your chin up.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 05:35 PM 07-06-2016
Thinking of you, Ed.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:04 PM 07-06-2016
You just keep your head up, good sir.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:53 PM 07-06-2016
Thinking of you Ed. Hopefully it is just a chest cold or something. I got raped by something right at the start of wheat harvest. Hopefully you can shake it like I did.
[Reply]
scho63 04:48 AM 07-07-2016
Keep on fighting Ed!

Maybe you need some more Danish beer. :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 06:22 AM 07-07-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
Keep on fighting Ed!

Maybe you need some more Danish beer. :-)
And boobs.....Danish beer and boobs.

It'll cure what ails ya Ed. Well, they'll take your mind off of it for a while.
[Reply]
Page 103 of 173
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
Up