ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>HBO series The Leftovers
Fire Me Boy! 06:59 AM 06-06-2014
Two percent of the world's population disappears. Looks intriguing. Starts June 29.

[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:56 PM 08-05-2014
They have been going back to more character focused episodes, and it's not coincidence that this episode and the one with the priest are the best so far. Still shy of calling this great television, but it's no longer a fucking mess like the first 2 episodes.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:43 PM 08-11-2014
AVClub had a perfect sentence to encapsulate the experience

"it’s not about whether or not Kevin is or is not crazy, or whether Kevin Sr. is or is not talking to something more than the voices in his head; it’s about how all of this, big and small, tests the ability for anyone to keep living in this world."
[Reply]
Rausch 07:22 PM 08-12-2014
Originally Posted by Sfeihc:
What else has he done, Red. I mean besides banging Jen.:-)
I liked him in 6 Feet Under.

He seemed to be about the only "normal" character in that show towards the end...
[Reply]
ragedogg69 01:04 PM 08-13-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
I cant seem to find any ratings info other than the premiere. Unless it absolutely tanks, I cannot see HBO not renewing it. There are too many big names producing it.
Nailed it. Renewed for season 2.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:36 PM 08-19-2014
I am racking my brain, but can't come up with another song so simple yet so moving at the same time.

That scene to open 'The Guest' with Nora refreshing the groceries in hopes that her family would return, . . . I tried to describe it to moms as the good things the show was capable and just choked up over the telephone.

[Reply]
Simply Red 10:21 PM 08-19-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I am racking my brain, but can't come up with another song so simple yet so moving at the same time.

That scene to open 'The Guest' with Nora refreshing the groceries in hopes that her family would return, . . . I tried to describe it to moms as the good things the show was capable and just choked up over the telephone.

Good Grief - are you joining the Guilty Remnant? Just joking that's cool if you like that vibe - I suppose it has some Ambient qualities.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 08:23 AM 08-20-2014
I've liked the show so far. It is depressing as hell at points, but all of the things they have cooking have me interested. I want to know what is in the national geographic, what the voices are, what the GR are going to do, etc. What will lose me faster than they can write with a sharpie is if things like these just never develop further and they go on with brand new carrots on a stick that end up never being anything.
[Reply]
MTG#10 09:01 AM 08-20-2014
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
I've liked the show so far. It is depressing as hell at points, but all of the things they have cooking have me interested. I want to know what is in the national geographic, what the voices are, what the GR are going to do, etc. What will lose me faster than they can write with a sharpie is if things like these just never develop further and they go on with brand new carrots on a stick that end up never being anything.
Like Lost. Im worried about that too, but Im trying not to think about it because this show is amazing so far.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03:39 PM 08-21-2014

Yes.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 10:12 AM 08-25-2014
Yipes, seeing all of those departed on screen was harder than seeing what it was like after they are gone.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:47 AM 08-26-2014
Martha Focker!!! Has there been more beautiful tragedy in an episode of TV? A fetus removed from a uterus in a gathering. Words cannot describe.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:40 PM 08-27-2014
I had such low hopes for the show I didn't bother recording. Early previews were positive but with a sort of back-handed complimenting like, "You've never seen a more unique show that will depress you more than this.."

I've continued throughout the weeks to HBO Go the show at some point. The first few were losing me but the Matt centered episode really started to bring it around.

This week wasn't what you'd expect from a penultimate HBO season episode but it was great. It helped drive a lot of things home emotionally that couldn't be done early in the series. Perhaps, most important for myself, was that it finally made the GR make sense. The show has certainly established it's mysteries here and there (Wayne, etc.) but the GR simply made no sense. It was impossible to think of a reason a person would want to join the GR. The Patti/Laurie interactions gave us that common sense thread finally. Patti knew the departure was coming and with that information it's easier to understand how others would think that the GR had the answers, or knew what to do next, etc.

This has been a far better show than expected. Also, yes, the music fits and does a good job combining a haunting and lingering sound.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:44 PM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
I had such low hopes for the show I didn't bother recording. Early previews were positive but with a sort of back-handed complimenting like, "You've never seen a more unique show that will depress you more than this.."

I've continued throughout the weeks to HBO Go the show at some point. The first few were losing me but the Matt centered episode really started to bring it around.

This week wasn't what you'd expect from a penultimate HBO season episode but it was great. It helped drive a lot of things home emotionally that couldn't be done early in the series. Perhaps, most important for myself, was that it finally made the GR make sense. The show has certainly established it's mysteries here and there (Wayne, etc.) but the GR simply made no sense. It was impossible to think of a reason a person would want to join the GR. The Patti/Laurie interactions gave us that common sense thread finally. Patti knew the departure was coming and with that information it's easier to understand how others would think that the GR had the answers, or knew what to do next, etc.

This has been a far better show than expected. Also, yes, the music fits and does a good job combining a haunting and lingering sound.

Think I lasted three episodes. It really seemed to improve via the ads I saw.

So guys - would it be worth purchasing, such as True Detective?

[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:58 PM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Think I lasted three episodes. It really seemed to improve via the ads I saw.

So guys - would it be worth purchasing, such as True Detective?
It isn't for everyone because it doesn't explain it just shows, drops you in the shit and you have to gain your bearings.

Also people are on tenterhooks with Lindelof and the legacy of Lost.

But there are several several moving and beautiful or wistful moments that moved me more that a lot of other TV, outside possibly on The Good Wife.

So yeah, worth viewing whatever your preferred legal conveyance.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:07 PM 08-27-2014
It isn't for everyone because it doesn't explain it just shows, drops you in the shit and you have to gain your bearings.

Also people are on tenterhooks with Lindelof and the legacy of Lost.

But there are several several moving and beautiful or wistful moments that moved me more that a lot of other TV, outside possibly on The Good Wife.

So yeah, worth viewing whatever your preferred legal conveyance.
So you'd agree the first three were sort of meh? or....... ?? If you agree there than I may have to buy them - I can get them at movie stop for about 30$ per season - comparing to True Detective.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up