ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 29
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Bob Dole 09:14 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I feel like it's good for the image of the city in the national scale, just like the new airport was something overdue, that section of downtown KC needs some work. It's the hub of travel through downtown, but it's been the same since I was a kid. I feel bad for the businesses that will be bought out or moved, but we need to stop pretending this is being done for the Royals in anyway shape or form. I could care less about the Royals getting a new ballpark, but what it does for the city I think needs to be done sooner or later.
Big empty buildings are great for a city?

And keep caring less, I suppose.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:21 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Big empty buildings are great for a city?

And keep caring less, I suppose.
Big empty buildings like the KC Star Mausoleum? I'm not going to tell people to be in favor of supplying funding through taxation for a team that has newly changed owners without any sort of competitive guarantee, but any kind of a new stadium for the Royals or the Chiefs is going to cost money that will be passed onto the fans at some point. It's almost inevitable, and we don't want to become St. Louis when it's all said and done.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:18 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I feel like it's good for the image of the city in the national scale, just like the new airport was something overdue, that section of downtown KC needs some work. It's the hub of travel through downtown, but it's been the same since I was a kid. I feel bad for the businesses that will be bought out or moved, but we need to stop pretending this is being done for the Royals in anyway shape or form. I could care less about the Royals getting a new ballpark, but what it does for the city I think needs to be done sooner or later.
I think this is the right answer.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:10 AM 02-14-2024
Good for the city, and I'm sure it will be a passing curiosity for residents who live in the area. I just can't see how this will translate for the die-hards and older fans. No additional parking sounds like a bad time that I wouldn't bother with more than once a season.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:17 AM 02-14-2024
I think this helps in some aspects for the city as a whole but I don’t believe it improves anything for fans and in fact probably makes it worst in many ways. Can’t see my family of four with a 6 and 8 year old going to a Saturday night game downtown.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:20 AM 02-14-2024
The parking question has to be answered because cities with downtown ballparks either have better mass transit than KC or have some sort of parking facilities that can handle the crowds... in most cases, both.
[Reply]
Eureka 09:45 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
The parking question has to be answered because cities with downtown ballparks either have better mass transit than KC or have some sort of parking facilities that can handle the crowds... in most cases, both.
A parking garage connected to the stadium will probably be necessary.

Image: Not Safe for Work

[Reply]
petegz28 11:30 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
You ain't gotta worry about parking with this team. No one is going to show up to watch in the first place.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:40 AM 02-14-2024
Leaving downtown is sure going to be fun on Royals game nights.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:54 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Downtown is a shit hole...to be fair everywhere in the US
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:07 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Downtown is a shit hole...to be fair everywhere in the US
I have no idea what you're talking about unless by 'shithole' you mean corporate chain restaurants and bars in the P and L.

The business district part of downtown is your normal stuff.

This stadium going in south of I-70 will be destroying a very hip, happening arts/music/brewery/restaurant district full of life. Nothing shitty about it.
[Reply]
Katipan 12:08 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I have no idea what you're talking about unless by 'shithole' you mean corporate chain restaurants and bars in the P and L.

This stadium going in south of I-70 will be destroying a very hip, happening arts/music/brewery/restaurant district full of life. Nothing shitty about it.
We have that same neighborhood 1 block from Coors.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:22 PM 02-14-2024

I see the one block of Grand where there's Cigar Box, a Ramen place, Kobe Q, Prime Bar... am I missing anything?

Yeah, it would suck if they replaced The Belfry with some generic place, or a few other places... but not seeing much in the construction zone between Grand and Locust and 17th and to the north.

I'd love walking from Taps on Main or Oak and Steel to a game or having a beer after (and not being local, then walking to a hotel for the night)... huge, massive improvement over the K in that regard.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:46 PM 02-14-2024

You were saying?
[Reply]
bdj23 11:58 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
It took me over an hr to get out of the parking lot at Kauffman stadium the last Royals game i went to. Truman is a mess on gamedays. It just dissipates quickly once you get on the highways.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 29
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up