ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 255 of 3903
« First < 155205245251252253254255 2562572582592653053557551255 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
patteeu 05:41 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
That’s your prerogative. But the “experts” have been wrong many times through out history. I see no harm in questioning them. In fact, I believe it to be quite healthy to throw out counter ideas. That is actually how we learn new things, by questioning the official line.
Yeah, Joe Rogan threw out the idea that maybe saunas would kill the virus. And others think 80 degree water will do the trick. A lot of people have ideas, but very few of those people really have the base of knowledge/data they would need to have much to contribute.
[Reply]
SupDock 05:41 PM 03-14-2020
That’s your prerogative. But the “experts” have been wrong many times through out history. I see no harm in questioning them. In fact, I believe it to be quite healthy to throw out counter ideas. That is actually how we learn new things, by questioning the official line.
Fair enough, but I suspect there is a lot of deliberation prior to these decisions. Being wrong is definitely a learning opportunity.

The problem I have, is that if this end up being better than expected, people will say the measures were not necessary. People won't admit that the measures were effective.
[Reply]
Donger 05:41 PM 03-14-2020
Is that mortality rate world wide or just here in America?
Globally, it's 3.7%

Here, it's 1.9%

Fluid numbers, but it's what we have.
[Reply]
SupDock 05:46 PM 03-14-2020

So it turns out the Utah Jazz didn’t buy these tests privately.

Instead, the state of Oklahoma used 60% of their daily test capacity (100 tests) on testing players and staff from an NBA team. https://t.co/uYZZRhSaqY

— Sawyer Hackett (@SawyerHackett) March 14, 2020

This is a bit frustrating to hear, if true.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:46 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Fair enough, but I suspect there is a lot of deliberation prior to these decisions. Being wrong is definitely a learning opportunity.

The problem I have, is that if this end up being better than expected, people will say the measures were not necessary. People won't admit that the measures were effective.
The flippancy of so many people has been extremely disheartening, albeit expected.
[Reply]
Donger 05:48 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
albeit unexpected.
Really?
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:48 PM 03-14-2020
If what I posted works we might see the cure roll out in like 3-4 months, provided it was the fastest fast track in the history of modern medicine

edit: which would also be wildly dangerous, btw
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:50 PM 03-14-2020
I'm not even sure who the experts are, or if they're even being truthful. So I'm approaching this by doing what I feel is necessary on a personal level based on what information I feel is accurate, which isn't much. Anything else is beyond my control and isn't really worth spending any amount of time worrying about.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:50 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Do you feel like you have the expertise and the data to really know what measures are reasonable and which ones are overkill? I mean, at a general level, there's got to be a tradeoff between fighting the virus spread and maintaining adequate economic activity, but what makes you so sure of your judgment as to the specific balance in this case?
What is the line Rush Limbaugh has become fond of using... intelligence guided by experience.

I can look back on previous situations that are similar to this one. I can see how they were approached, handled and view the ultimate outcome and come to reasonable conclusion.

I can go into some detail but, a portion of that would have to take place in the DC forum.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 05:51 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
If what I posted works we might see the cure roll out in like 3-4 months, provided it was the fastest fast track in the history of modern medicine

edit: which would also be wildly dangerous, btw
Incredibly dangerous. If shit gets bad enough they might consider it worth the risk though
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:52 PM 03-14-2020

But not surprising at all.
[Reply]
SupDock 05:53 PM 03-14-2020
What is the line Rush Limbaugh has become fond of using... intelligence guided by experience.

I can look back on previous situations that are similar to this one. I can see how they were approached, handled and view the ultimate outcome and come to reasonable conclusion.

I can go into some detail but, a portion of that would have to take place in the DC forum.
It's much easier to makes those decisions on a personal level than to make them for a nation
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 05:53 PM 03-14-2020

So they wasted the rest of their tests on the OKC players? Because I don't see how you don't test both teams at that point.

Also, how fucked up is it that an entire state only has 100 tests a day?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:53 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Really?
Typo. Sorry. Expected.
[Reply]
O.city 05:57 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Remember how long it took for Springfield to get back online after the 2007 ice storm?
Yeah that sucked for sure
[Reply]
Page 255 of 3903
« First < 155205245251252253254255 2562572582592653053557551255 > Last »
Up