ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 250 of 3903
« First < 150200240246247248249250 2512522532542603003507501250 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 03:17 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
And the procurement of that meat causes secondary bacterial spread through the aforementioned mechanisms. Even properly cooked bushmeat can lead to zoonotic transmission, as it's often about contact itself, not just preparation.
Great. The responsible path seems clear. Not that it'll be taken.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:23 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Sorry if this has been posted already. It's hard to keep up. Some really good, albeit scary information in this article.

Notes from a Convening of Experts - March 10th

There's more in the article.
You aren't going to get Prevnar-13 (whose efficacy is dubious) or PPSV-23 unless you're immunocompromised if you're under 65.
[Reply]
TLO 03:26 PM 03-14-2020
You aren't going to get Prevnar-13 (whose efficacy is dubious) or PPSV-23 unless you're immunocompromised if you're under 65.
Can you put this in simpleton terms for me?

Please someome help alleviate my concerns
[Reply]
Donger 03:27 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Can you put this in simpleton terms for me?

Please someome help alleviate my concerns
YOU'LL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:29 PM 03-14-2020
Well be fine
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:32 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I don't know the specifics, and this happened about 10 years ago. I obviously wasn't there and never personally spoke to any of the quacks that treated her. All I know is that she was misdiagnosed and suffered terribly for a long period of time because of it. They were so fixated on the wrong thing that everything else was ignored.
This happened to us at Tarzana Children's Hospital in 2018.

My daughter complained of her lower right abdomen hurting badly and I knew exactly the cause. I stayed home to take care of the doggies and our youngest daughter while I my wife took her to the ER. Well, it was the "wrong" ER because the closest hospital doesn't treat children. So she had to take an ambulance to Tarzana, where she was monitored all night.

For the record, my mom had her appendix removed at age 16. Mine was removed at 17, my much younger sister's burst at age 10 (although she survived) and my youngest brother's was removed at age 36.

Even after the CT and other scans, the doctors weren't sure what was causing her issue. Since I had to take care of our youngest and our dogs (this was just before they passed) I didn't get to the hospital until around 10am the next day. The surgeon hadn't arrived at that point, so I spoke to the attending nurse and told her about our health history regarding appendicitis.

The doctor ordered another scan and this time, they saw leaking from her upper intestine and thought that was the issue. When the surgeon arrived, I told her about our family history and pleaded her to remove the appendix when repairing the upper colon. She said "I'll take a look but appendicitis isn't genetic".

50 minutes later, the doctor came into the waiting room and said "You were correct: It was her appendix, which I removed. It became so inflamed that it "flipped" her upper intestine over, which caused the leaking we saw. We couldn't see the appendix inflamed on any of the scans but it was obviously the culprit".

In my experience, it's always best tell the doctor about any family history or any "intuition" because try as they may, doctors are hardly infallible.
[Reply]
TLO 03:35 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
YOU'LL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT!
Thank you!
[Reply]
SupDock 03:38 PM 03-14-2020
There are a lot of conditions that qualify you for ppsv-23 before age 65. Cigarette smoking alone qualifies you.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:39 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
sure people die in ICU’s. Your in an ICU. Something bad is happening health wise with you. I was just saying that if your already on a vent, the COPD wouldn’t be the cause to lose the step-dad post op. Sorry for any confusion.
Hes been removed from the ventilator. He actually was able to come off of it on the 2nd day.

Im not sure I understand what you are saying. That if he were to get the coronavirus it wouldn't kill him? If he was on a ventilator the coronavirus wouldn't exacerbate the COPD? Even people that get put on a ventilator still die from this. His heart and lungs just went through the stresses of surgery and then when you take into account that he has severe emphysema, heart failure with reduced ejection fraction, and a. fib with rvr, if he were to get the Coronavirus, then his condition would rapidly deteriorate.

That is why these hospitals need to have more strict rules and better guidelines into place. They make a big stink about wearing your mask to possibly prevent spreading the flu, but theyre not going to require the people taking care of the most sick/vulnerable patients to wear masks.

The hospital put in all kinds of stupid guidelines, but none of the guidelines will stop anything.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:41 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Ostrich Festival cancelled.
Whew! The ostrich can sleep well tonight.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:46 PM 03-14-2020
So I see cities and China were on total lockdown they've separated disinfected shit all over and Chinas death rate has dropped. Why can't we do that here? It seems as though we have no plan other than telling people to wash their hands.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:48 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This happened to us at Tarzana Children's Hospital in 2018.

My daughter complained of her lower right abdomen hurting badly and I knew exactly the cause. I stayed home to take care of the doggies and our youngest daughter while I my wife took her to the ER. Well, it was the "wrong" ER because the closest hospital doesn't treat children. So she had to take an ambulance to Tarzana, where she was monitored all night.

For the record, my mom had her appendix removed at age 16. Mine was removed at 17, my much younger sister's burst at age 10 (although she survived) and my youngest brother's was removed at age 36.

Even after the CT and other scans, the doctors weren't sure what was causing her issue. Since I had to take care of our youngest and our dogs (this was just before they passed) I didn't get to the hospital until around 10am the next day. The surgeon hadn't arrived at that point, so I spoke to the attending nurse and told her about our health history regarding appendicitis.

The doctor ordered another scan and this time, they saw leaking from her upper intestine and thought that was the issue. When the surgeon arrived, I told her about our family history and pleaded her to remove the appendix when repairing the upper colon. She said "I'll take a look but appendicitis isn't genetic".

50 minutes later, the doctor came into the waiting room and said "You were correct: It was her appendix, which I removed. It became so inflamed that it "flipped" her upper intestine over, which caused the leaking we saw. We couldn't see the appendix inflamed on any of the scans but it was obviously the culprit".

In my experience, it's always best tell the doctor about any family history or any "intuition" because try as they may, doctors are hardly infallible.
Wow. I'm glad you stuck to your guns and they listened to you.

In my cousin's case, I don't think there was a family history of it, at least none that I know of.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:49 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
So I see cities and China were on total lockdown they've separated disinfected shit all over and Chinas death rate has dropped. Why can't we do that here? It seems as though we have no plan other than telling people to wash their hands.
I think we're still in denial about how bad it'll get. I'll admit that even I have trouble believing that we'll get anywhere near the worst case scenarios, but there are certainly some troubling trends that this could get ugly.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 03:54 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Any thoughts on Chronic Wasting Disease?
Prions are a totally different animal
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 04:00 PM 03-14-2020
Also, the fucktard who gave me a thumbs down on my earlier post can go to hell
[Reply]
Page 250 of 3903
« First < 150200240246247248249250 2512522532542603003507501250 > Last »
Up