ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 241 of 3903
« First < 141191231237238239240241 2422432442452512913417411241 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:39 AM 03-14-2020

[Reply]
Jerm 10:40 AM 03-14-2020
Positive case in Clinton...time to go in full lockdown mode...
[Reply]
Frazod 10:41 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Amen.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:45 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The soap stuff is simple and intuitive, but does anyone know if there is any additional research or data regarding the efficacy of different types of soaps?
For instance, Dawn is fairly superior in lipid breakdown [Dawn cuts grease!!], particularly compared to a mild beauty soap like Dove. Or some of your more 'basic' soaps like Ivory [99.44% pure] have a strong lye component, which might be superior in eradicating the live virus.

Or is the CW just that any level of emulsification and sudsing carryaway is sufficient? Even like say 'beauty bars' that are like 1/2 cocoa butter?
Soap is soap. The mechanical action of rubbing your hands with soap and rinsing with water will give you an additional log kill beyond spraying with disinfectant.

The important thing is to also clean all surfaces of your fingers. Wash each one individually-top, bottom, and sides. It will look like you're jacking off your finger, but it is the most effective method.

Also, when you rinse, angle your hands up so that the water runs down your fingers and off your wrists.
[Reply]
ping2000 10:54 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Soap is soap. The mechanical action of rubbing your hands with soap and rinsing with water will give you an additional log kill beyond spraying with disinfectant.

The important thing is to also clean all surfaces of your fingers. Wash each one individually-top, bottom, and sides. It will look like you're jacking off your finger, but it is the most effective method.

Also, when you rinse, angle your hands up so that the water runs down your fingers and off your wrists.
Watch old episodes of Dr. Kildare or Ben Casey when they are scrubbing prior to surgery.
[Reply]
F150 10:58 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
That is from last year

:-)
[Reply]
Monticore 10:59 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I don't know the specifics, and this happened about 10 years ago. I obviously wasn't there and never personally spoke to any of the quacks that treated her. All I know is that she was misdiagnosed and suffered terribly for a long period of time because of it. They were so fixated on the wrong thing that everything else was ignored.
Misdiagnosis isn’t always related to incompetence, hard to make a judgement without knowing all the info.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:00 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

I get that if you are thorough and meticulous with most soaps, you're going to be effective, but the point is 'soap' isn't 'soap.'

Tackle a pan with baked grease with Dawn, and try the same thing with dollar store dish soap. There are differences in the concentration and strength of emulsifiers. Or if you want a stark comparison, check something like SuperClean degreaser.

And I'm not comparing handwashing with soap with disinfecting with Purell and leaving it on your hands. I'm talking about if there are any actual comparative studies of the relative efficacy of various strengths and concentrations of emulsifiers in the various soaps.
[Reply]
SupDock 11:02 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Misdiagnosis isn’t always related to incompetence, hard to make a judgement without knowing all the info.
Not to mention that your appendix is part of your colon.
[Reply]
Fish 11:02 AM 03-14-2020
And so... new marketing opportunities...

[Reply]
SupDock 11:03 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I get that if you are thorough and meticulous with most soaps, you're going to be effective, but the point is 'soap' isn't 'soap.'

Tackle a pan with baked grease with Dawn, and try the same thing with dollar store dish soap. There are differences in the concentration and strength of emulsifiers. Or if you want a stark comparison, check something like SuperClean degreaser.

And I'm not comparing handwashing with soap with disinfecting with Purell and leaving it on your hands. I'm talking about if there are any actual comparative studies of the relative efficacy of various strengths and concentrations of emulsifiers in the various soaps.
I'm not sure. I do know that the FDA enacted significant regulations for marking soap antibacterial, because soap is antibacterial by nature
[Reply]
SupDock 11:06 AM 03-14-2020

[Reply]
Dartgod 11:10 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I have my doubts that her appendix was ruptured for a month. Also, I am imagining at some point your cousins received imaging?

Also, if someone recommended a colectomy, she was probably evaluated by a surgeon as well?
Couldn't she have had appendicitis and then it ruptured, leading to the final ER visit?
[Reply]
SupDock 11:13 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Couldn't she have had appendicitis and then it ruptured, leading to the final ER visit?
This absolutely could be the case, although a couple months is a long duration. It also depends on the location of her abdominal pain and other clinical findings.
Appendicitis is an infection as well, so there would likely be associated fevers, etc
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:31 AM 03-14-2020
So wouldn’t one of these for each person solve everything? You can’t touch your face. You can’t breathe the air. You can’t cough or sneeze on others.

[Reply]
Page 241 of 3903
« First < 141191231237238239240241 2422432442452512913417411241 > Last »
Up