ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 295
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
kcclone 08:23 AM 04-24-2020
I look at this guy as protection for Mahomes. At times last year, we had very little ability to run the ball, which allows the defense to tee off on the pass rush. We know Williams is talented, but he's often injured, and in his last year under contract.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:25 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
B- from Prisco — fuck ya self

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...ound-pick/amp/
Prisco is a moron.

I was hoping the Raider traded back from 19 picking up a 2nd rounder, and drafted this guy. With Jacobs and Helaire in the backfield, Raiders O would have been stupid, especially with the Ruggs pick.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:25 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
What about AstroClyde. Like Astroglyde because he’s so slippery when trying to tackle him
You want to name the RB after anal lube.......uhh.....
[Reply]
neech 08:25 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I liked the phone call a lot.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:28 AM 04-24-2020
Another caveat, Clyde has the top wonderlic score (except for some smart ass from BC) and some of the others are dismal.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/202...onderlic-exam/
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:30 AM 04-24-2020
Schrager on Good Morning Football:

"There were teams ripping up papers and shouting expletives, FURIOUS that the Chiefs got Clyde Edwards-Helaire like that. They were gearing up to trade up in the 2nd for him, and all of that planning went out the window"
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 08:32 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I look at this guy as protection for Mahomes. At times last year, we had very little ability to run the ball, which allows the defense to tee off on the pass rush. We know Williams is talented, but he's often injured, and in his last year under contract.
Still won't be able to run the ball if the O-line doesn't improve. How many times did we run it straight up the gut for no gain last year???

Answer....A ton!
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:34 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
I liked the phone call a lot.
Interesting listening to that phone call. Seems like they were hyper-focused on CEH all along and he was the pick, barring a great trade offer from someone else to move down a little.

Makes me think that if Queen had lasted till 32, they still would have taken CEH.

Veach and company have earned our trust and the offense is going to be even more exciting to watch.
[Reply]
kcclone 08:37 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Still won't be able to run the ball if the O-line doesn't improve. How many times did we run it straight up the gut for no gain last year???

Answer....A ton!

Agree with that to some degree, but we had a banged up OL and no starting RB for a good chunk of the year. Get Rankin back and that helps. Hopefully we can find a contributor on the IOL in the draft still. Hopefully Allegretti is ready to roll this year.

Keeping the OL in tact is helpful as well, especially with an abbreviated pre-season.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:37 AM 04-24-2020
Not sure if it has been mentioned in the thread, but Joe Burrow said that CEH was clearly the best athlete on the team, and said he'd have a 20-year NFL career. The latter is unlikely, but the former is nice to know.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:37 AM 04-24-2020
What I do like even from the perspective of him being a RB is he is probably going to be equally as much a WR in this offense. It’ll be more like McCaffrey than it will Ezekiel Elliott.

I just don’t see teams holding this offense under 27. It’s going to be 2018 all over again.
[Reply]
Shields68 08:39 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Interesting listening to that phone call. Seems like they were hyper-focused on CEH all along and he was the pick, barring a great trade offer from someone else to move down a little.

Makes me think that if Queen had lasted till 32, they still would have taken CEH.

Veach and company have earned our trust and the offense is going to be even more exciting to watch.
It always sounds like the guy was always the pick after the fact. But it also could be a correct assessment that Queen was not going to last to 32 and giving up a 2nd or 3rd to move up was not smart.
[Reply]
Buckweath 08:39 AM 04-24-2020

Answer....A ton!
If Veach can draft an IOL in the 2nd to 4th round, I'll feel good about the offense across the board.

The offensive line should be the weakest part but good enough to do what you have to do.
[Reply]
Shields68 08:41 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
What I do like even from the perspective of him being a RB is he is probably going to be equally as much a WR in this offense. It’ll be more like McCaffrey than it will Ezekiel Elliott.

I just don’t see teams holding this offense under 27. It’s going to be 2018 all over again.
Yeah I see a lot of McCaffrey on tape. Run the Wr deep and have him abuse the LB's in coverage with his quickness of getting into and out of cuts.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:44 AM 04-24-2020

Answer....A ton!
I know, and now we have NO chance to improve in that area!

chill.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 295
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up