ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>We're going to win this motherfucker, you all know that, right?
Chris Meck 12:10 AM 12-24-2019
We're going to win the whole fucking thing.

And we're going to have to go beat New England at home again.

And we're going to have to go beat Baltimore in their house.

And we're going to crush the NFC representative (probably San Fran or N.O.)

And nobody will be able to say shit, because we will have to beat EVERYBODY to do it.

Everything this team has weathered to get here has made them stronger.

Losing Pat for a few games... All the injuries meant the kids had to play, and take their lumps and get better.

and boy did they.

Now we're DEEP, and we're hungry.

We can beat you in any of the three phases on any given Sunday.

We're battle tested.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:00 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
We’re two wins away from getting back to the Super Bowl. Two more damnit.
Bro. It's happening.

[Reply]
RunKC 06:03 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I would too, but a healthy Thornhill and a bye would have me ready to buy SB tickets.

The truth is, Thornhill could easily be the difference in a close game @ Baltimore. It sucks.
I have complete faith in Spags to adjust. He was smart enough to play Fuller at Thornhill’s position for weeks before today and Fuller did great.
Honey Badger, Fuller, Ward, Breeland and Fenton is still a good secondary.

Also keep in mind that what is keeping us from the SB. An old washed Brady with nothing at receiver and a RB QB.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:53 PM 12-29-2019
I hate it for Juan more so than the team. Hopefully the fresh legs that our players gain from the bye will give us the added boost to level things out.

We will lose some range back there absolutely but we have capable bodies who can fill the roles out at a serviceable level IMHO. We have the coaches now who will put these guys in a good position to be successful.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:55 PM 12-29-2019
This might actually improve the run defense....Juan was making progress there, but there are other safeties on the roster who are better with their run fits and tackling.

Only thing that worries me now is deep balls to Hollywood Brown.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:57 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This might actually improve the run defense....Juan was making progress there, but there are other safeties on the roster who are better with their run fits and tackling.

Only thing that worries me now is deep balls to Hollywood Brown.
Fuller is the only one who I think might be better in that area. Not sure that he’s a better tackler though.

Overall point being, it could be MUCH worse than going from Thornhill to Fuller.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:59 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Fuller is the only one who I think might be better in that area. Not sure that he’s a better tackler though.

Overall point being, it could be MUCH worse than going from Thornhill to Fuller.
I think you'll see the Chiefs alternating Sorensen and Fuller depending on the situation now.

Whereas they were more likely before just to keep Thornhill out there the whole time.

The only issue this creates is Honey Badger now has less freedom to roam.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:00 PM 12-29-2019
FATE HATH SPOKEN
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:02 PM 12-29-2019
I think you'll see the Chiefs alternating Sorensen and Fuller depending on the situation now.

Whereas they were more likely before just to keep Thornhill out there the whole time.

The only issue this creates is Honey Badger now has less freedom to roam.
They’re gonna keep things as similar as possible. If they are doing what they did today, it just means Fuller taking over Thornhill’s role, Sorensen and Badger staying the same, and Watts taking Fuller’s old role.
[Reply]
BroncoDork 07:10 PM 12-29-2019
Well, you mutts got a bye, congrats on that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:35 PM 12-29-2019
you are on this bus, but we do not grant you the rank of bus driver

take a seat, young meckwalker

I was here before YOU.

I'M DRIVING THE GODDAMNED BUS.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:39 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol no you don’t. Maybe for you and Clay.

And I honestly don’t give a ****. I have every right to be skeptical of a team that’s failed as much as this one has. I’m not on the field.
See, that's the point you're not getting.

THIS team has not failed.

Marty failed, with Deberg, and Krieg, and Grbac, and a shadow of his former self Montana.

And Vermeil failed cuz 'Spinner defense.

And Haley failed, cuz Pioliaids and Casshole.

And all that.

But THIS team has not failed. Not Andy with Spags. Not Patrick with Honey Badger and Clark.

THIS team has nothing in common with any Chiefs team ever except last year, where they were four inches from a Super Bowl.

And THIS team is better.

Those other teams wore the same uniform. That's the end of the resemblance.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:42 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I was here before YOU.

I'M DRIVING THE GODDAMNED BUS.
Sorry I was blowing Reid during midseason.

I am the true driver of this Super Bowl bandwagon.

We will seat you in first class, though.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:44 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
But THIS team has not failed. Not Andy with Spags. Not Patrick with Honey Badger and Clark.

THIS team has nothing in common with any Chiefs team ever except last year, where they were four inches from a Super Bowl.

And THIS team is better.
Nothing is stopping this team.

Not a decrepit zombie Patriots team.

Not a Baltimore team that is a one-trick pony on offense without a pass rush on defense.

Not the ancient QBs in the NFC, because no pocket QB is beating this team.

The only team that can beat the Chiefs is the Chiefs.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:45 PM 12-29-2019
We need Pat to start heating up and doing what he did last year. He’s been very mediocre for his expectations since the Titans loss.

If Pat turns it on and busts loose like last year, we are going to blow everybody out
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:46 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We need Pat to start heating up and doing what he did last year. He’s been very mediocre for his expectations since the Titans loss.

If Pat turns it on and busts loose like last year, we are going to blow everybody out
I think he was pretty damn good against Chicago and Denver.

They’re very unlikely to score 40+ unless they need to shift it into that extra gear.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up