ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 43
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Has there ever been a more insecure QB than Baker Mayfield?
RunKC 03:43 PM 09-27-2019
Can’t believe this guy is still being looked at as a “future star”. If anybody should be compared to Jay Cutler, it’s him.

Actually..he’s worse

He talked shit on the Texas QB while he’s in the NFL, he took shots at his old coach who wasn’t even with the team anymore and continued doing it in the offseason, he talked shit on Rex Ryan and now he’s talking shit on Instagram comments.

Good God you dumb motherfucker. You would think he spends as much time doing this petty bullshit as he does studying for a game.

He has shown talent, but man this guy is not someone you want on your team when things aren’t going well.

More reason to be thankful we have Mahomes.
Attached: 0204A3A7-19B5-47E7-8A83-FCE91141861F.jpeg (160.5 KB) 
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:05 AM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You're wrong, dude.

I mean, he may be a douche. He's certainly no more of a douche than 99% of this board.

But that tweet being given as evidence doesn't fly.

Unless you've just decided to hate the guy no matter what the fuck he does.
I think you're missing context. That quote had nothing to do with the Texas QB. Nothing at all.

The OP enumerated a number of the childish things that Mayfield had done, one of which was getting into a public battle with the Texas QB. Then the OP added these tweets as evidence that the guy was insecure enough that he felt the need to respond to an individual instagram comment that compared him to Antonio Brown.

It had nothing to do with encouraging the Texas QB. You're off the mark there.

And you might like Baker Mayfield's ability and that's fine. And he might be a successful QB and that's also fine. He's also been gifted with WRs and RBs that are nearly on par with what the Chiefs have in terms of explosive complements.

But none of that changes the fact that the guy shows a lot of elements of an immature headcase. He's like the anti-Mahomes that way.
[Reply]
O.city 11:06 AM 12-23-2019
Next time someone says it's all about talent, we can point to this years Browns and Cowboys teams and say "nah, it's not".
[Reply]
RunKC 11:10 AM 12-23-2019
You guys are acting like Baker is Trubisky. He’s not. The kid is actually talented and good enough to be a QB for a long time.

I will say that the Browns have done a shit job and given him horrendous coaching, but Baker needs to look in the mirror too. The guy just needs to shut the fuck up and play.

Dorsey has to get a respected coach in there ASAP. Not sure if he’s going to get his old pal Mike McCarthy in there, but I would strongly recommend Ron Rivera.

They need a leader so badly.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:16 AM 12-23-2019
Mayfield 19 TD’s 18 INT’s

Trubisky 17 TD’s 10 INT’s

Not to mention Baker probably has more talent on offense.

Exactly how is Baker so much better than Trubisky Run?

Do I think he’s better? Yea probably, but don’t kid yourselves, neither of these guys are franchise QB’s that you want to give a huge second contract.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:17 AM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
History will prove me right here.

You're all going to be hating Mayfield for the next fifteen years or so.

Dorsey won't fuck up twice in a row on the coaching situation.
Was it hogfarmer that continually pimped Manziel until he just couldn't anymore?

Whoever it was, you sound like that guy.

Nothing's ever Baker's fault - just wait and you'll see...
[Reply]
O.city 11:17 AM 12-23-2019
Baker is accurate, or atleast he's shown to be outside this year.

Trubisky is a RB playing QB.
[Reply]
O.city 11:22 AM 12-23-2019
He's just got too much of an ego. It won't work unless he changes a bit.

Being the QB, you've gotta be the leader and get all guys rowing the same way. When you're constantly causing drama and throwing shit under the bus, it ain't gonna work.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:22 AM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You also told us the Browns were going to be 10-6 at absolute worst and a big ****ing problem in the playoffs.

Of course you’re going to say it’s ALL Kitchens now.

Look, Kitchens ****ing sucks, but Baker is by far the second biggest problem on that football team considering the position he plays and where he was drafted.

The dude looked more like a late round/UDFA than a #1 overall pick. There’s literally nothing he did in 15 games that looked like a #1 overall franchise QB. He has no elite traits, and he doesn’t even have the confidence of his own teammates. If he even flashed this year, OBJ and Landry wouldn’t be dying to play elsewhere right now.
They don't want to leave because of baker. They want to leave because of kitchens. Of course bakers got issues right now. But kitchens is enormously responsible for a lot of them.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:23 AM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Baker is accurate, or atleast he's shown to be outside this year.

Trubisky is a RB playing QB.
Too bad being better than Trubisky doesn’t make you a franchise QB.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:23 AM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
They don't want to leave because of baker. They want to leave because of kitchens. Of course bakers got issues right now. But kitchens is enormously responsible for a lot of them.
News flash:

They know Kitchens will be fired eventually. If they thought Baker was a legit franchise QB, they’d have at least have a little more patience.
[Reply]
O.city 11:23 AM 12-23-2019
Too bad being better than Trubisky doesn’t make you a franchise QB.
Ok well that's changing the subject.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:25 AM 12-23-2019
Mayfield 19 TD’s 18 INT’s

Trubisky 17 TD’s 10 INT’s

Not to mention Baker probably has more talent on offense.

Exactly how is Baker so much better than Trubisky Run?

Do I think he’s better? Yea probably, but don’t kid yourselves, neither of these guys are franchise QB’s that you want to give a huge second contract.
I've never understood why so many Mayfield stans are so quick to handwaive those turnover numbers.

Dude threw 14 picks last year in a partial season to boot.

The guy's a turnover machine. And he creates sacks far more often than people want to acknowledge (same thing Watson does; then people blame his OL because he's a mobile passer so they assume he's helping his OL - he ain't).

He's a talented quarterback but he has significant processing issues that lead to turnovers and sacks that a truly good quarterback doesn't have. And you can't quantify leadership, but I have a hard time seeing a dude who carries himself like Mayfield as any sort of leader. Yes, it's nebulous, but I don't really care. If you don't see what people are saying when they call Baker a frontrunning douche, then you're just not looking.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:25 AM 12-23-2019
Ok well that's changing the subject.
Changing the subject? I already said Baker is better. The subject, which RunKC started with, is Baker is no Trubisky as if that means he can be a franchise QB. He can’t.
[Reply]
O.city 11:26 AM 12-23-2019
Changing the subject? I already said Baker is better. The subject, which RunKC started with, is Baker is no Trubisky as if that means he can be a franchise QB. He can’t.
It's the holidays man, no reason to anger post. Be happy.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:27 AM 12-23-2019
It's the holidays man, no reason to anger post. Be happy.
What specifically in that post lead you to believe I’m angry? Lol
[Reply]
Page 24 of 43
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up