ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 140
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 12:00 PM 04-23-2019
Everyone PaNiC!!!!
[Reply]
carcosa 12:00 PM 04-23-2019
The Kansas City Chiefs will win the Super Bowl this season!
[Reply]
Iconic 12:00 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It's a 2020 2nd. It's basically Dee Ford's pick. (actually not-it's the lowest, which will be KC's)

AND we swap 3rds, so we move WAY up in the 3rd.

I don't hate it at all.

My ONLY concern is off the field issues.
You are completely ignoring opportunity cost. We lost the ability to draft cheap talent at #29 that gives us a 5th year option. We lost an additional 2020 round pick that had value both this year for a trade up and next year as a pick. We lost cap flexibility. And lastly, we also most likely lost one of four players that need to be re-signed in the coming two years.

We lost more than we gained. It's a bad trade no matter what you guys want to make yourselves believe. If your plan is to run a franchise for one season it's wonderful, but long term it was stupid as **** and very short sighted.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:01 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
R. Wilson contract is why the Seahags did this.
same issue we are going to facing in 2 years.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:01 PM 04-23-2019
Weren't people just complaining after we traded Ford and cut Houston that we didn't have any pass rushers?

Well we have a proven pass rusher and overall stud DE now.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:01 PM 04-23-2019
Louis sucking the Chiefs dick because he knows he'll be a GM candidate for the job in a few years
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:01 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Clark is twice the player Ford is.
He'll have to be to make the deal plausible. You have Chris Jones, Patrick Mahomes, Kendall Fuller, Tyreek Hill coming up so you essentially said goodbye today to two of these guys, if not three. When you pay Mahomes, Clark and Jones big money, you better hope that stable of thoroughbreds holds up. If Clark does his best Justin Houston impression then Veach is gone.
[Reply]
O.city 12:02 PM 04-23-2019

In reporting on the Frank Clark trade to KC over the weekend, I asked a lot of folks on whether he was THAT big an upgrade over Dee Ford.

The universal answer: Yes. Without question.

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
tmax63 12:02 PM 04-23-2019
Money. Seattle's got people to pay just like the Chiefs. Clark is definitely a win now move. How many edge/de guys have impacted for their team in their rookies season in the past decade? A handful at most. Chiefs still have 3 picks in the top 100 this year and next. Would have liked to gotten him cheaper but you got to pay for talent.
[Reply]
TribalElder 12:02 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
same issue we are going to facing next year.
yep
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:02 PM 04-23-2019
Overreaction Planet, gotta love it.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:02 PM 04-23-2019
What DE was gonna be there at 29?

Also in case you missed it, the Chiefs have cap room they just got rid of Houston and Berry.

Also all of that shit doesn't matter cause in 2 years the cap will look vastly different after the lockout/strike.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:02 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
The draft picks don't bother me so much -- I won't pretend to have watched a ton of Clark like apparently everyone here, and he's CLEARLY regarded in a tier closer to Mack than Ford -- but the money worries me when Jones, Hill and Mahomes are coming. We've just got so many big contracts.

Other than that, my main concern is ending up with yet another guy who doesn't live up to his contract. It's one thing manipulating the cap with guys who are actually worth $15-35m/year but another with a bunch of Houstons and Berrys.

BTW, people would've been happier about this 2 months ago just because the draft is 2 days away. Same for me. That excitement is gone now.

Same here. It’s the $$$$ and lack of club control that’s infuriating.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:03 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
This x 1000.

We just added a 25 year old Uber stud and all people care about is “OMG VEACH SUCKS AT TRADES”.

Guess what: we still have two seconds in a good second round. The chances that 29 becomes a guy as half as good as Clark are slim to none, and we’re trying to win now, so....
I swear sometimes this fan base is allergic to good players.

I watched this place, all offseason, celebrate the signing of replacement level players.

Like i said, good players cost assets. That's just the way it is. Want a stud? You have to pay for it.

They got a stud. Fantastic.

And they still have two 2nd's and a 3rd to wheel and deal, move around if they need to to acquire someone to improve the back end.

I don't like giving up the 1st but w/e.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:03 PM 04-23-2019
How did we manage to lose Dorsey and Ballard?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 140
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up