ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 140
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:02 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You could have signed a slightly inferior player in FA (Flowers) and kept the first and 2020 second while saving money.

Flowers at 5/90 or Clark at 5/105 is a matter of $3 million/year. That’s no small matter.

I was a proponent of Flowers, for sure. Would prefer him at the price and without the history of DV.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:04 AM 04-24-2019
I am just pissed he didnt go for bobby wagner too
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:04 AM 04-24-2019
I think John Middlekauff made a great point yesterday (former NFL scout)—he asked where would Clark go if they set him free in the draft tomorrow night? He insisted top 5 for certain and probably top 3.

For what is basically going to be pick 29 this year and 60-64 next year (+ an 8 spot jump in rd. 3). The salary is really the only thing to even remotely question.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:07 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Trey Flowers....you know he's not nearly as good and makes almost as much money right?

Is 29 really worth that much?
Would you trade a top 20 pick (which is what our total package was) + flowers for Clark?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:12 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think John Middlekauff made a great point yesterday (former NFL scout)—he asked where would Clark go if they set him free in the draft tomorrow night? He insisted top 5 for certain and probably top 3.

For what is basically going to be pick 29 this year and 60-64 next year (+ an 8 spot jump in rd. 3). The salary is really the only thing to even remotely question.
So then ask yourself this:
Would you have traded your 2019 1st and 2020 2nd for Nick Bosa provided you needed to pay him 20mm/year? That's really more of the apples-to-apples question being asked.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:13 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Would you have traded your 2019 1st and 2020 2nd for Nick Bosa provided you needed to pay him 20mm/year? That's really more of the apples-to-apples question being asked.
But Nick Bosa isn’t a proven commodity.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:14 AM 04-24-2019
Being unproven and given his durability concerns, probably not.

The Chiefs are paying the price because they know what they’re getting, and they know it makes them much better in 2019. No question about it IMO.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:14 AM 04-24-2019
Also, like it or not this defense needs some fuckin assholes with passion and desire, we've been soft forever.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:16 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But Nick Bosa isn’t a proven commodity.
I'm pretty sure that was his point. :-)
[Reply]
tmax63 07:16 AM 04-24-2019
You want to pay Berry, Houston and Ford 50+ mil or Clark, Okafor and Mathieu 40 mil??? Fast and easy answer for me.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:17 AM 04-24-2019
Not sure how to embed, but attached is a comparison of relevant pass rushers using PFF stats. Clark stacks up quite well.
We all hated how our defense was coached, what players saw playing time, and how poorly the players on the field played.

We wanted Sutton gone, and many, like myself, wanted the 4-3 scheme. We were mad as hell because we didn't improve our defense before the trade deadline. And our worst fears were realized when the defense let Brady and the Patriots just hop, skip, and jump into the end zone during overtime, wasting one of the best offensive seasons in NFL history.

Chiefs fans demanded, pleaded, and prayed for defensive changes. AND WE GOT THEM. No one really knows how all the new defensive players will be able to perform individually or as a group, but Veach, Reid, and cHunt, have genuinely tried to improve the defense, and that's exactly what we asked for. So, I am going to reserve all judgment until I have seen the new DC, and all of the new defensive personnel, perform during regular season games.

And I didn't see every post in this thread, so if this has been discussed already, too bad.

Through their first 4 years, these are the regular season stats for Khalil Mack and Frank Clark per Football Reference:

Mack: 64 games - 1 INT - 9 Forced Fumbles - 40.5 Sacks - 84 QB Hits

Clark: 62 games - 1 INT - 8 Forced Fumbles - 35 Sacks - 72 QB Hits

This trade, along with all the other new defensive players, and the new Not-Bob-Sutton Defensive Coordinator, have already given me hope that another MVP type year from Mahomes and the offense won't be wasted again.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RunKC 07:18 AM 04-24-2019
The problem last year wasn’t that we were paying guys big money.

The problem is that they were broken down players, especially Berry. Honey Badger and Clark are young players who have not missed games in quite awhile, if ever.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:20 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm pretty sure that was his point. :-)
And my point was it’s not apples to apples.
[Reply]
shitgoose 07:24 AM 04-24-2019
I have faith that Frank Clark will not lineup offsides in the 4th qtr of the AFC Championship game. Guys with two first names are notorious for getting that right.

I cannot say that about a certain departed edge rusher who can go fuck himself
[Reply]
bowener 07:25 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Flowers at 5/90 or Clark at 5/105 is a matter of $3 million/year. That’s no small matter.

I was a proponent of Flowers, for sure. Would prefer him at the price and without the history of DV.
Flowers wouldn't have played in KC for the same contract he took with the Lions. He wanted to play with Patricia. I'm an idiot, but if I had to guess I would say Flowers would have come here for 5/100. Prior to this trade in three years the Chiefs wouldn't have anybody on contract getting paid more than $13m a year (if they cut Watkins by then). Mahomes, Clark, and Jones will ultimately be paid well over $13m a year, but the Chiefs will have plenty of money, and this is pointless to discuss prior to the new CBA, which will most likely raise the CAP a shit ton after streaming services and cable get into a bidding war.

I didn't know how to feel about this trade yesterday and was too busy to look at it until last night, but it is a good deal for the Chiefs. The FO felt there were only 15 first round players in this draft. I can't say that I disagree. I am sure it has been said in here many times by now, but the picks traded away for Clark were equal to trading up to 24 in this years draft. There is no player falling to the Chiefs at 24 that is anywhere near as good as Clark. He is 25 years old, a badass on the field, but does come with a shitty past baggage. If he stays out of trouble this will be looked back on as a great trade. Chiefs D is soft as fuck the past 20 years. I'm excited to see the attitude our new safety and DE bring to the D unit.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 140
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111 > Last »
Up