ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 229 of 331
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239279329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:42 PM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by Swanman:
50/50 booking kills everything. No new stars will be made with that kind of booking. The Raw rating this week was the lowest ever outside of holiday shows. The WWE product is absolute horseshit.
Well at least the workers they refuse to let work will get some upgraded catering when the new TV deals.
[Reply]
Swanman 07:47 AM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Well at least the workers they refuse to let work will get some upgraded catering when the new TV deals.
A lot of them will get raises and stay home. People were worried that AEW would fall in the same traps that WCW did, but it appears that WWE is beating them to the punch. On Being the Elite they did a hilarious bit where someone complained to the Bucks about something with their character and they responded by "punishing" him by tripling his pay and letting him hang out at home.
[Reply]
Swanman 10:21 AM 06-14-2019
As expected, All Out sold out in about 15 minutes and I don't believe there was a presale for this one.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:28 AM 06-14-2019
We'll see how it goes when they have TV to set things up but as of now I don't have a lot of hope in any wrestling company ever really giving me what I want.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:46 PM 06-14-2019
I found that I didn't miss Raw or Smackdown an iota this week. Gives me 5 hours to waste on something better. Like youtube videos on paint drying.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:01 PM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
We'll see how it goes when they have TV to set things up but as of now I don't have a lot of hope in any wrestling company ever really giving me what I want.
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I found that I didn't miss Raw or Smackdown an iota this week. Gives me 5 hours to waste on something better. Like youtube videos on paint drying.
Maybe you guys are just....idk...growing up?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:06 PM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Maybe you guys are just....idk...growing up?
It's a really bland product I don't think it has anything to do with not liking wrestling, they give you no reason to invest in the characters, tv shows and movies that did that would also bomb.
[Reply]
Swanman 12:32 PM 06-17-2019
The G1 Climax blocks are now out:

In A Block, we have:

Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion)
Zack Sabre Jr. (RPW British Heavyweight Champion)
Hiroshi Tanahashi
Kota Ibushi
Evil
Sanada
Bad Luck Fale
Lance Archer
Will Ospreay (IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion)
KENTA

In B Block, we have:

Tetsuya Naito (IWGP Intercontinental Champion)
Tomohiro Ishii (NEVER Openweight Champion)
Juice Robinson
Toru Yano
Hirooki Goto
Jay White
Jeff Cobb
Shingo Takagi
Taichi
Jon Moxley (IWGP United States Champion)

Since there are a lot of new wrestlers in this year's edition compared to previous years, lots of good matchups.

In block A, KENTA vs Kota, Ospreay vs ZSJ (or anyone else, Ospreay is incredible), Ibushi vs Okada

In block B, Naito vs Moxley, Ishii vs Moxley (one guy might die), Mox vs Juice rematch, Mox vs Jay White, Shingo vs Naito. Toru Yano is also in the block so prepare for some comedy goodness. Jeff Cobb is also one to watch.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:40 PM 06-17-2019
You know who the WWE reminds me of? EA.

They both constantly never do what any of their fans/consumers want them to do. They are still profitable making a ton of money to the point that they are huge conglomerates that have forgotten what got them where they are. And every year they spend time promising they'll fix their fucked up products while continuing to give you the same shitty products.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:17 PM 06-23-2019
Tonight is a classic example why they have no stars and the ratings are in the tank.

They had Shane go over Roman and did the 50-50 book by having Drew job to Roman. Vince is too stupid to not realize it should have been the other way around.
[Reply]
mcaj22 08:02 PM 06-23-2019
I think the funniest thing is the mandate no wrestling during commercial breaks so all matches are 2 outta 3 falls
[Reply]
Jerm 07:07 AM 06-24-2019
Seth trying to drag other wrestling while being one of the faces of a company drawing record low ratings and record low gates is peak early 2000s WCW....hilarious.

It's almost too one of the nose for this company.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:21 AM 06-24-2019
Just for the record, no wrestling company will ever draw the ratings that they did in the monday night wars era. The way people consume media has changed to much to be able to compare the numbers properly.

Second, of course Seth Rollins is going to do that, he's the champion, he has zero reason to drag the company he works for. WWE's actual "wrestling" isn't the problem their match quality is as good as it's ever been.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:50 AM 06-24-2019
Of course he doesn't but him trying to pass it off as the best company and actual wrestling in the world is completely disingenuous and makes him look like a complete moron.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:17 AM 06-24-2019
It's whatever if he wants to bootlick, but I just don't think he's doing a lot for me as champion. I like Kofi, but same goes for him too.
[Reply]
Page 229 of 331
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239279329 > Last »
Up