ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 241 of 324
« First < 141191231237238239240241 242243244245251291 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:03 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Denver. :-)
The team that's 2-4? :-)

It's damn near impossible to have a team that has an amazing offense and a shut down defense. Shit doesn't happen anymore.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:04 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The team that's 2-4? :-)

It's damn near impossible to have a team that has an amazing offense and a shut down defense. Shit doesn't happen anymore.
Yeah, that was exactly my point. :-)
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:04 AM 10-19-2022
This pretty much seals it that KC is winning the super bowl in a shutout.
[Reply]
O.city 09:06 AM 10-19-2022
The defense isn't going to carry this team. It shouldn't ever be expected to.

Help out and make the other team punt a few times. Maybe throw in a turnover here and there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:10 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
The problem isn't that his defense doesn't help, the problem his his defense is almost NEVER the reason we win. The defense has not carried us in a LONG LONG time. And not only that, situationally.... Does anyone trust Spags play calling when it comes to end of games?

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:11 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Look at the person that you quoted. Yes....yes he is.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:11 AM 10-19-2022
The problem isn't that his defense doesn't help, the problem his his defense is almost NEVER the reason we win. The defense has not carried us in a LONG LONG time. And not only that, situationally.... Does anyone trust Spags play calling when it comes to end of games?
Whoa. This is a terrible take. Put to crack pipe down, bud.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:32 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Let me get this straight, you are going to argue our defense can close out a game when the offense is struggling?

Or

Is your take that the offense CANNOT struggle with this defense?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:34 PM 10-19-2022
Let me get this straight, you are going to argue our defense can close out a game when the offense is struggling?

Or

Is your take that the offense CANNOT struggle with this defense?
The defense has closed out 2 games already this year with the offense struggling.

And if you're going to pick an element of this team that can least afford to struggle, it's the one that has 2 HoFers and a shitload of resources and time dedicated to.

My 'take' is that you're fucking retarded.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:34 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Name me a defense that's doing that consistently right now.
Philly,

But we are not creating turnover is our major issue right now.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:43 PM 10-19-2022
Philly,

But we are not creating turnover is our major issue right now.
The same Eagles defense that gave up 35 to the Lions offense?

Yea, they've been good since, but they haven't exactly played anybody either. Pretty sure the Lions offense is easily the best they've faced, and I don't think they're as good as the #s suggest with Goff at QB.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:57 PM 10-19-2022
Spags is a very frustrating guy to watch.

You can see him come out and screw their plan all game, and then there's one or two calls that get made, that just undo literally everything.

Shit like backing off on a rattled Josh Allen on 3rd and 2 from the 1 with the stadium shaking with noise. Boom. Out of a jam, plus a Randy Reidtard classic defensive timeout, and they walk right down the field for a td.

Or shit like putting Davante mother fucking Adams in single coverage.

Or like the zero blitz on 3rd n 27 at Cincinnatti last year.

We've seen the guy put qbs like Brady in a box for an entire game and totally shut him down, so the ability is there.

And when your offense is struggling, you just can't have the "oh boy yeah. Gosh I'd really like to have that one back and maybe call something different" plays you lament in the press conferences.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:08 PM 10-19-2022
Defense was not in any way to fault for this loss. Yeah they gave up a long drive for a TD. That’s what happens against an elite QB sometimes. They gave up 24 points.

The Chiefs offense had two golden opportunities to win this and they ended it in a 3 and out and INT.

This one was on the offense
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:13 PM 10-19-2022
Do you remember the games against the Packers, Giants, and Cowboys last season? Do you not remember just how much our defense outplayed our offense?
[Reply]
DRM08 02:15 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Defense was not in any way to fault for this loss. Yeah they gave up a long drive for a TD. That’s what happens against an elite QB sometimes. They gave up 24 points.

The Chiefs offense had two golden opportunities to win this and they ended it in a 3 and out and INT.

This one was on the offense
It's on Mahomes for sure. His INT's were really bad and he held the ball too long at times. He had a few good drives, but for the most part he was too sloppy. He's gotta be a lot better next time around.

That said, I'm not too confident in the defense for a rematch. They were extremely fortunate Buffalo scored zero points on 2 trips into the Red Zone. Could have easily been a 38 point game for Buffalo.
[Reply]
Page 241 of 324
« First < 141191231237238239240241 242243244245251291 > Last »
Up