ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 43
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hosting CB Darby
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:37 PM 03-13-2019

Source: #Eagles CB Ronald Darby is expected to visit the #Chiefs tonight. If all goes well, he could sign considering the serious interest.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:03 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This sounds like a challenge for UChieffyBugger to choose Darby as his next Adopt-a-Chief now that Berry is gone.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TwistedChief again."
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:04 AM 03-14-2019
So has there been any actual news? Looks like they haven't even met yet?
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 09:05 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
ACL recovery really isn't that drawn out anymore...he can probably move around fine right now...

If that injury gets him cheaper it's a good deal.
I hope that is true.

After a complete physical on that knee, we will know for sure his status.

I all for getting the guy, but he better be healed and ready to play when the time comes.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:08 AM 03-14-2019
Is it just me or is it rare that when somebody visits we actually end up signing them?

Feels like you always hear somebody is visiting and then nothing happens.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:10 AM 03-14-2019
I bet they get everything checked out this morning, he signs, and then has a press conference along with Mathieu.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:11 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Is it just me or is it rare that when somebody visits we actually end up signing them?

What are you talking about? There was Bashaund Breeland... oh wait. There was Emmanual Sanders... oh wait.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:11 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Considering everything that has happened and how desperate this team is for a CB I expect something to happen.
[Reply]
srvy 09:11 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I just don't put "tackles well" very high on the list of things I want my corner to excel at.

It's pretty far below "covers well" and "good ball skils"
Yeah I love it when 5 yard quik outs go for another 10 to 20 yards or even cooler td's. Its a corner why should he have to cover and tackle amirite.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:12 AM 03-14-2019
What are you talking about? There was Bashaund Breeland... oh wait. There was Emmanual Sanders... oh wait.
:-)

Sanders is a punk bitch.
[Reply]
srvy 09:13 AM 03-14-2019
:-)Corners tackling so overrated:-)
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 09:14 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yeah I love it when 5 yard quik outs go for another 10 to 20 yards or even cooler td's. Its a corner why should he have to cover and tackle amirite.
I recall this board giving Peters the business because he couldn't tackle.
Now we say it is o.k.:-):-)
[Reply]
staylor26 09:15 AM 03-14-2019
Lol exactly.

Almost everybody we sign is out of the blue.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:15 AM 03-14-2019
There’s a difference between trying to make tackles and missing some and not even making the effort to bring a guy down.... Peters was the latter. Not Darby.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:16 AM 03-14-2019
It's not about tackling, it's about engaging. You want your corners, who are often overmatched physically in the open field, to wrap up and give your LB's and S's time to get there.

Fuller does this. Sometimes he whiffs on tackles but more often than not, he holds up his guy and lets the cleanup crew get there.

It's something a guy like Nelson always struggled with. Maybe he watched Marcus Peters too much but Nelson always engaged the BALL, even after it was caught. He was trying to create turnovers but if he missed, the guy was getting an extra 10.
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 AM 03-14-2019
I mean, don't suck or not try to tackle.

But being a good tackler isn't as important as you know, covering or intercepting the ball.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 43
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up