ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Better or Worse so far. . .
Better 115 66.09%
Worse 42 24.14%
who let this guy make a thread? 17 9.77%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So are the Chiefs getting better or worse this offseason:
DTVietnam 06:42 PM 03-12-2019
Signed:

Hyde
Mathieu
some brokedick Cowboys LB
Spag

Lost:

Berry
Mitch
Houston
Ford
Nelson
Ware
D. Harris
Sutton

Its still early in FA ..hopefully they make a big move at CB
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 03:58 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Dorsey isn't a fraud - he's just terrible at retaining talent and negotiating their contracts.

Veach has been here one year. I like what I've seen but he's only been here one year...
Why?

Watkins 3/$48MM = 40/519/3 while playing in 10 of 16 games
Hitchens 5/$45MM = 132ypg/5ypa
Reggie Ragland = see above
Speaks = LOL (and we traded up for this LOL)

And so far this year: :-)
[Reply]
scho63 04:41 AM 03-13-2019
I think when the dust settles, some of you who are cheering losing all these Chiefs players are going to say: "Where did all our good players go?"

So far we are in the negative IMHO. Obviously much depends on future drafts and what we do with all this freed up money.

Gotta trust the management and their motives. I hope it isn't ALL about the money.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:51 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Why?

Watkins 3/$48MM = 40/519/3 while playing in 10 of 16 games
Hitchens 5/$45MM = 132ypg/5ypa
Reggie Ragland = see above
Speaks = LOL (and we traded up for this LOL)

And so far this year: :-)
:-) A Dee Ford Stan harping on Speaks for not having a good rookie season.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 05:02 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) A Dee Ford Stan harping on Speaks for not having a good rookie season.
LOL... if you think Speaks had any potential as a 3-4 EDGE rusher, then you are dumber than I would have given you credit for.

If you think Speaks potential as an EDGE rusher was worth trading up for then I got some ocean front property in Kansas City to sell you....
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:14 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
LOL... if you think Speaks had any potential as a 3-4 EDGE rusher, then you are dumber than I would have given you credit for.

If you think Speaks potential as an EDGE rusher was worth trading up for then I got some ocean front property in Kansas City to sell you....
Yeah, Speaks looked slow, fat, and totally out of place as an OLB.

Makes it all the more hilarious that he flashed more potential than Ford in their respective rookie seasons.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 05:19 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, Speaks looked slow, fat, and totally out of place as an OLB.

Makes it all the more hilarious that he flashed more potential than Ford in their respective rookie seasons.
... you're either trolling or incredibly stupid...

...based on my experience on the forum so far I'm going with the latter...
[Reply]
DTVietnam 03-13-2019, 05:56 AM
This message has been deleted by DTVietnam.
DTVietnam 05:58 AM 03-13-2019
Im not sold on Speaks..He really just always looks like he's in slow motion to me..i never really see a burst . .

doesnt seem to be too bright as well. .
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:59 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
As of right now, the defense is worse, and its going to be pretty scary going into next season with 0 proven edge rushers on the roster. We essentially traded houston for honey badger, and traded ford for a pick next year. I agree with the Ford trade, I would have been extremely hesitant to sign him long term and they got decent value for him. Hopefully they can sign 2-3 more decent players on defense.

They could easily turn it around with a few bargain deals, but I have yet to see veach make any bargain deals. If we could get maybe clay Matthews pretty cheap, then we would have essentially traded Houston for Matthews and honey badger which would have be an improvement.

If we can sign another elite player or, two solid players for ford, and the second rounder we got for him, then that would be a win as well. They created a masonry need for an edge rusher and hopefully they don’t feel that pressure and overpay, or overdraft someone.
I'll say that this is Veach's time to shine or lose the faith of the kingdom. This timing for a massive D rebuild may have been forced on him, but next year will prove him a hero or a fool..
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:59 AM 03-13-2019
I dont like the Watkins deal but I will wait on Hitch in the new system. Veach had shit to work with. Low picks and Dorsey fugged our cap. 2020 pick for Ford sucks, should have 2019 and that on Veach in my book. Honey badger is his best move.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:05 AM 03-13-2019
I guess y'all are betting the house on getting outside pass rushers in the draft?
[Reply]
Mecca 06:18 AM 03-13-2019
Why in the fuck does everyone keep using the term edge? We aren't that team anymore. It's 4-3 ends now not edge rushers.

Like I'm sure this team would like to have Clellin Ferrell but that isn't happening.

Everyone just needs to chill the fuck out, it's a scheme and personnel change, have the damn stomach for it.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:51 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I guess y'all are betting the house on getting outside pass rushers in the draft?
I am. I don't think there was a way in hell to fix the rest of the D without the money we get/got from the moves they made.

That, and I'm eager to see if Veach is a master at his trade, or the young fool that wouldn't "get in Reid's way" that was thought when such a young GM was brought in. Time will tell.

That being said, even if he strikes out, he and his supporters (and I am actually one of them) will always have the, "I assumed the Dorsey mess" to fall back on. The truth is while I support him, now I want him to prove that he, despite his age, can play with the big boys. I want him to rip-off a few "amazing" deals using the weapons he has. Perhaps using the very real chance to go/win a SB to entice some edge rushers to pick the Chiefs instead of some other team. You know, like the Pats do every year.

But that's just me.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:54 AM 03-13-2019
Goddamn is that JakeF retard STILL saying Dee Ford is the same as Khalil Mack? :-)

Do we seriously need to draw pictures for your dumbass?

Dee Ford had one, yes that’s right....O-N-E great year where he was healthy and played at a level similar to Mack.

Mack put up 4 straight years of “2018 Dee Ford” in Oakland and never missed a single goddamn game.

In no universe is Dee Ford worth a first rd pick. In fact, the 49ers are fucking retarded to do what they did in the first place.

The compensation was more then fair.
[Reply]
Chiefs Moon 07:02 AM 03-13-2019
Too early. Veach needed the cap space for short and long term moves. Draft is huge.

It's all on Veach. We have the right coaching staff and QB. We could use an effective edge rusher, 2 CB's, a Sam LB, a strong/box safety, a TE, maybe another WR.
[Reply]
tmax63 07:21 AM 03-13-2019
Speaks didn't look that good at Edge/OL but he held his own. Good thing they're going to a 4-3 base and he's going back to playing his natural position. He's also had a year to figure out where he needs to be body-wise and a year in the weight room to get there. Lots of guys out there who add/subtract 10-15 pounds and lose the fat during that first year when they learn what they got to do to stay in the NFL.
You can't get a 2019 2nd round pick if they don't think Ford's worth it. The Chiefs got the best they could for it, anyone arguing different is pissing into the wind.
The Chiefs had 3 guys on defense that was going to cost damn near 50 MILLION DOLLARS. I don't think anyone out there thinks the 3 were giving a good return on investment. As of now they have 1 left, 20mil in cap space and have improved the S position and created more competition at the LB spot.
I don't see the sky falling, what I see is a remake/rebuild of a #31 defense to a new defensive coordinator's specs. Sometimes pulling the band-aid off hurts.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up