ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 181
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
saphojunkie 07:05 PM 04-11-2018
Basically, Maryland tried to pay to have Silvio go there. He still went to KU. Also, it’s a guardian, not a parent. So... WTF
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:18 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
It would still list KU, but with an *
CBS Sports article on the FBI ending KU’s run.

For Pete's Sake

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...2-85FEBA9EF971
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:43 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
The FBI is a lot more involved here. KU isn't getting the death penalty, but they will probably have to vacate any result involving those ineligible players.
I wouldn’t get your hopes up on that one.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:32 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I wouldn’t get your hopes up on that one.
What are you trying to say here?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:56 PM 04-11-2018
What are you trying to say here?
That it's a pipedream to think the NCAA is going to start vacating the results of every major college basketball program that had players break NCAA rules like this. If they did, they'd have to start erasing the record books going back 40+ years in this sport for all of these programs (and pretty soon it won't just be the Adidas programs, it will be the Nike and Under Armour schools caught in their own probes as well).

Now if they could connect some kind of illicit activity to the KU coaching staff (and I have no doubt they will try), that would be a different story. I would suggest that the MU fans wait for a real smoking gun here.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 06:45 AM 04-12-2018
That it's a pipedream to think the NCAA is going to start vacating the results of every major college basketball program that had players break NCAA rules like this. If they did, they'd have to start erasing the record books going back 40+ years in this sport for all of these programs (and pretty soon it won't just be the Adidas programs, it will be the Nike and Under Armour schools caught in their own probes as well).

Now if they could connect some kind of illicit activity to the KU coaching staff (and I have no doubt they will try), that would be a different story. I would suggest that the MU fans wait for a real smoking gun here.
I agree. If they can tie the staff to it in any way, I could see some things get vacated - but if they can't tie it to the staff & vacate stuff, that's going to open up a bigger can of worms.

Side note.... what a strange phrase - "can of worms".
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:10 AM 04-12-2018
I agree. If they can tie the staff to it in any way, I could see some things get vacated - but if they can't tie it to the staff & vacate stuff, that's going to open up a bigger can of worms.

Side note.... what a strange phrase - "can of worms".
They need to end the whole AAU system. But, thats never going to happen.

I dont think any college program should be punished unless they knew about something improper. Or should have known based on common knowledge. Family is poor but they are driving an expensive car etc. but didn't ask where they got the money for the car. Even that, what would be the line that "you should have known"?

The whole system needs to be changed. These top shelf athletes have a valuable talent. Everything is stacked against them to monetize their talent until its been used by others for free until they are 19-20 years old at the earliest.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:14 AM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
CBS Sports article on the FBI ending KU’s run.

For Pete's Sake

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...2-85FEBA9EF971
Parrish is an idiot. I hope no one else clicks on that link, and you should delete it so that puke doesn't get any more clicks.
[Reply]
Messier 03:24 PM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Parrish is an idiot. I hope no one else clicks on that link, and you should delete it so that puke doesn't get any more clicks.
Kevin Kietzman has had him on twice in two days. It's like Christmas for him. He's already speculating on the idea of Self being fired.
[Reply]
sedated 03:55 PM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by Messier:
Kevin Kietzman has had him on twice in two days. It's like Christmas for him. He's already speculating on the idea of Self being fired.
I don't listen to that show, but I bet he has wall to wall coverage of the greatest college basketball scandal since Josh Jackson kicked a car.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:10 PM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by Messier:
As hard as he tries to be indirect about it, KK can't hide his disdain for KU. I turned him off the other day when he started chastising Self for sitting in the stands and talking to Larry Brown. KK LOVES to bring up Larry Brown so he can use "KU" in the same sentences as "NCAA infraction" and "lack of institutional control." As a K-State alum (and official cheerleader), I'm pretty sure he suffers eternal butt hurt from KU's eternal domination over K-State in men's b-ball. In fact, I think his personal timeline shows that he was institutionalized at the Menninger Foundation in 1988, right after KU whooped the higher seeded Wildcats 71-58 in the Elite Eight. I'm sure that KU going on to win the National Championship that year didn't help the butt hurt/mental health of a then-young KK. (Would wager that a review of KK's on-air time will show that he has mentioned Larry Brown MORE than Roy Williams since Bill Self became the Coach. 30 years since Brown left KU. Oh the butt hurt... ) :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:24 PM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Romper
:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:58 PM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
[Reply]
Monkey God 05:49 AM 04-13-2018

The NCAA has already had teams vacate 20 National Championships in various sports including many big name schools...the list is very long of just Bball teams with vacated wins and conference standings...I think you are fooling yourself to the reality of what has actually happened.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:01 AM 04-13-2018
Originally Posted by Monkey God:
The NCAA has already had teams vacate 20 National Championships in various sports including many big name schools...the list is very long of just Bball teams with vacated wins and conference standings...I think you are fooling yourself to the reality of what has actually happened.
I think you totally missed the point. :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 181
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Up