ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 181
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:34 AM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Dok returning is great news! As for his weaknesses, I would bet that he improves in those areas partly due to having depth now. He will be able to take more chances plus he will have learned how to play smarter. Keep in mind that last year was essentially his freshman season. I mean, yeah, he did play for a little while in the non con of his true freshman season but he got injured. I also expect the coaching staff to do a lot of work in the off season on his FT form.
Yeah he played tentative at times due to not having a high caliber replacement if he got into foul trouble. That wont be an issue next year.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:36 AM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Maybe. He has a 7'6'' wingspan and isn't a great shot blocker. And is a bad rebounder. I have no idea how that is even possible with his body. He plays more like a crafty unathletic center most of the time. He really has a decent array of moves down there. Then you see him throw down some thunderous dunks and are like, alright, this guy has the talent.
13 points 7 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game while shooting 77%.....
[Reply]
BWillie 01:34 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Yeah exactly. 7 rebounds with a 7'7'' wingspan. That is very weak. Especially with the thought that he had to play some what tentative meaning he probably was told to not go after as many shots to block or pick up fouls since we didn't have a quality replacement.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:14 PM 05-31-2018
Obviously the pro teams thought that was weak or he would have turned pro.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:54 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Obviously the pro teams thought that was weak or he would have turned pro.
no, its because he is still raw and next years draft is a lot weaker at his position.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:29 PM 05-31-2018
no, its because he is still raw and next years draft is a lot weaker at his position.
Doke is never going to have a midrange game. He just needs to show NBA Scouts he can rebound BETTER and make 55-60% of his FTs. But your point is valid. I think that is in his mind too, he'll have a better opportunity next year without the Aytons, Bagleys, and Bambas of the world.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:34 AM 06-01-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Doke is never going to have a midrange game. He just needs to show NBA Scouts he can rebound BETTER and make 55-60% of his FTs. But your point is valid. I think that is in his mind too, he'll have a better opportunity next year without the Aytons, Bagleys, and Bambas of the world.
I agree but the FT shooting should be 60+.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 07:40 PM 06-01-2018
Lagerald Vick pulled his name out of draft and contemplating options INCLUDING returning to KU.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:34 PM 06-01-2018
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade:
Lagerald Vick pulled his name out of draft and contemplating options INCLUDING returning to KU.
Hope not.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 09:59 PM 06-01-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Hope not.
Really? We just went through a mini recruiting battle with Villanova over a small college shooter, have an open scholarship for the year, and there's a player who's an above average athlete, can shoot it, and is familiar with KU?

I mean, ultimately Self will make that call, but if he and Vick are on board, I'm riding that train with them.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:00 PM 06-01-2018
Hope not.
I wouldn’t mind having him back. We could use the experience at guard for next year. I also think he’d be better playing in a more traditional lineup next year.

I wanted him to leave if it meant landing Langford, but that didn’t happen obviously. I don’t really like the idea of starting 3 new guards (my guesss is that it will be Moore, Dotson, and Grimes if Vick doesn’t return since Bill loves playing 2 point guards).
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:00 PM 06-01-2018
Really? We just went through a mini recruiting battle with Villanova over a small college shooter, have an open scholarship for the year, and there's a player who's an above average athlete, can shoot it, and is familiar with KU?

I mean, ultimately Self will make that call, but if he and Vick are on board, I'm riding that train with them.
Doubt Self with have the guy back. He was not even a good college player and they need the minutes for guys who have a chance to actually be good.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:12 PM 06-01-2018
and according to Mom, transferring to another college.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:23 PM 06-01-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
and according to Mom, transferring to another college.
BTW, the Vick news means I won my bet with you (about him not getting drafted this year). I can't even remember what it was, was it $50 to a Veteran's charity of your choice or something?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:32 PM 06-01-2018
BTW, the Vick news means I won my bet with you (about him not getting drafted this year). I can't even remember what it was, was it $50 to a Veteran's charity of your choice or something?
it was if he was drafted if he stayed in the draft and it was $20. He’s not staying in the draft. There is no bet. Check the facts and bet.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 181
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up